I will be forever not happy with the safety position when it’s just an oft-injured Keke and the midget duo of Kazee and Allen. That said, I’m liking the construction of the roster overall for a few reasons:
1) Interior DL: Grady, Kominsky, Marlin and Teyler..big, stout, mixed in with length and athleticism. Good mix
2) Edge: still not 100 percent, but Fowler is angry and mean, maybe Takk picks up his habits. I like adding Charles who was used badly In Miami. Can Cominsky be that Justin Smith type? That’s the wild card. I think we still need another edge.
3) LBs: Debo, Foye and the new add of Buchanan makes me smile. Lots of speed. I’m not sure @Knight of God and @vel agree with me, but I like Mychal Walker’s game. He’s got length and more nastiness than Campbell.
4) Safety is still not to my standard. That said, I did predict Hawkins getting drafted (got one lol) and I like him. Does Buchanan end up at SS if Keke gets hurt?
5) Cornerbacks. I’m in the minority here, but I love Terrell. He got blistered against LSU and hung tough. Guess what Isaiah Simmons got blistered too. Burrows was simply on fire. But Terrell is tough. I still like Oliver, love Sheffield and think Miller might surprise. Signing Dennard makes me fee much better.
OVERALL B to B+ depending on how it shakes out. I do think we need another edge like griffin, or even a play for a one year prove it for Clowney.
QB: Matt is still great. Call him a grinder, call him an awkward swan, but the dude hangs tough. He’s been through so many offensive systems, and in year 2 he always gets it. I still hate Koetter
WR: what can you say? Ridley, Julio, and Gage make it pretty and great
TE: I’m like @Vandy the trade for Hurst gave us. Joker that can line out wide, in-line nd even h-back. Keep your eyes on Pinkney, he was I drafted, but watch his junior year at Vanderbilt, not last year.
I rarely tout an UDFA, but this 6’5 260 pound kid could surprise. I love Graham already. TE corps is long , athletic, tough and better. Screw Hoop and his fitness game
OL: Bros’ I’m stoked. One we got Hennessy. Kid is mad athletic, whether at G or Center.even if he spot starts or is depth. We don’t go down like we did in SB if Mack gets hurt, or like last year with the G drama. Great pick. Mack still balls. Matthews gets stronger and nastier every year. Y’all know I love some Lindstrom and big Mac at RT, folks who played ball know that getting your asss whupped makes you better. Big Mac will be dominant. Bet. Lindstrom might be an all pro
RB: give me 50 percent of Gurley over 100 percent of rbs not named Zeke or Saquan. Forget all the injury Bs out of Rams camp last year. Fact is McVey and his offense got exposed, Goff ain’t great and their OL couldn’t execute. Gurley still had 14 total TDs last year. Beast year coming. Bet and word to y’all’s mothers on him Beasting out. I’m Still not a hill guy, but as a number 2 or 3? Sure. Ito is a decent scat back and can be a utility guy. Ollison is the one I’m watching. @Knight of God and I will be doing backflips like mongloids with tourettes saying “Fuukk yeah” a 1000 times if Ollie emerged and we had a Gurley, Ollie tandem.
im big on Ollie because he has a nose for the end zone and he’s 240.
Overall offense: A- but it could go way lower if Koetter fuccks things up. Feed the beast of gUrley, use those TEs and open up the WRs. Old school smash them first, if you’re going to stay with vertical offense