All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. He's a scabenger hunter.
  3. Just getting home....I cant believe they came back....great win ..
  4. If he’s really only 16%, then it’s not a huge deal. He has a lot of excess visible fat for someone that percentage its just a fact that people are faster and can cut/move faster if they are carrying 25 less pounds. So it’s a matter of if the strength he retains at 340-50 is more important than the quickness and joint help he’s get from losing down to 325 its hard for me to imagine he wouldn’t be strong and sturdy enough at 325, so I’d expect it would only be upside For the run, unlikely to matter. It’s for the question of pass rush it would be relevant
  5. I still don't get how you can say their OL was THAT bad when the context of this discussion centered on running the football; contrasting Ito and Lindsay as the thread is about right? They were 5th in DVOA on the ground. You can't do that with a terrible OL. PFF says they lost their 2 best starters. Paradis a C and Leary one of their OG. Makes sense they'd have trouble; especially in protection with a noob C that allowed so many pressures. It's like when we lost our guys only worse for them without a QB that can prop them up, sorta like 2015 with Stone at C. However, doesn't necessarily mean their OL wasn't getting a push and doing their thing running the ball. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2018.htm https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2018.htm Look at the 1st Downs in air vs on ground for both teams. Reversal of teams. If we could've ran the ball it would've helped the pass protection quite a bit. Play-action would've meant something. On the Falcons OL, yes it was a combination. I'll give you that. Free may have helped us a bit to get back closer to average in performance for the run game as he gives us what Tevin didn't. However, it's clear losing essentially 3 starting OL (LG/RG/RT) left us with Matt carrying them. He had to throw so much to convert the longer conversion distances....and try to survive despite not establishing a ground game; which hurt their own ability to protect the QB. A zone system needs more sync and unity along the line. The turnover was just too much for our OL apparently? I don't follow the Broncos or know how many configurations they ran. I know we ran a lot and I count RS as a guy that should've been replaced sooner as well. Matt can help cover the pass block woes but not much is gonna help the zone system run block without unit performance and the RB needs vision as well. Still, we ran OUTSIDE zone 93% of the time. That's Sark man or an indictment on Tevin Coleman at minimum with his LEAGUE WORST first contact play being over rating (I forget what it was called but yep TeCo be tackled easiest among all backs). Do we have the same OL coach? So, if the side point here is Freeman is really good? Yeah, I agree. We missed Freeman. It's a shame Tevin became so much worse tho. We'd have been fine with Tevin if we had our starting OGs and Ty gotten the nod sooner, IMO. Conclusion: So despite not having a QB like Matt Ryan their run game was more potent than ours. Teams didn't even worry about defending the run vs us. If we ran it, they knew the EXACT run. Outside zone. More than 9/10 times. Yikes.
  6. It doesn’t even matter man. Just be happy. We all are. It’s a relief actually and the possibility of winning the series tomorrow seemed impossible 1.5 hours ago. This team obviously needs more consistency and a few more bullpen arms it seems but it also needs to figure out its rotation and identity. Great comeback win though.
  7. The weight thing is unnecessary, but you know that
  8. I've got to admit I watched the first game and left the second game after the 2nd inning. I just found out they won and I'm almost speechless with what the BP did, 7+ scoreless innings! Unbelievable! And the offense waking up in the 9th to rally back. If I was a betting man I'd of gone broke, but I'm not, so I'm elated.
  9. people keep saying this but, isn't he only like 16% body fat? If that's correct, I don't know if I'd want him dropping weight. that's a huge factor here, he's 340 and not fat. He's just a flat our scary human being size-wise.
  10. Stopped reading and formulated my opinion at “The Falcons would have to swap their first, second, third and next year’s second to make up the 1,100 points.” Once Ryan retires, we can make such a costly trade to find a franchise QB. That’s it Swap 1st round picks, give them a 2nd, 4th and Vic Beasley
  11. Touki was atrocious today, but that was absolutely a factor for him. He looked miserable out there. I'm not making excuses because that would be a joke, but he's definitely not a fan of cold weather. When he hit the last guy, you could see Flowers telling the guy that he was sorry, but it was clear the starting pitcher had no control over the baseball.
  12. Our pitching's a disgrace, but that was *awesome*! My wife said it was time for someone else's bullpen to blow it when we were down 7-1. I told her Cleveland has a real bullpen, so we were screwed. Shows what I know!
  13. No they didn’t, Denver was an overall bad offensive team last year. If not for Lindsay, they would have been among league’s worst. Our OL wasn’t as good as it was in prior years, but it wasn’t as bad as Denver’s. Which was my point. I don’t blame Sark for it all either, he’s too easy scapegoat for fans to point fingers at. I blame a combination of OL injuries as well as Schraeder’s fall-off, yes some questionable play-calling, but also our RBs not hitting the holes that were there. Tevin wasn’t garbage (but he was allowed to walk), neither was Ito, but both RBs should share some of blame for our porous running game last year. More than anything, our running game missed not having a healthy freeman.
  14. If I could pay 85% of trade chart, I would go up to #3 for Quinnen. Wouldn’t go higher than #6 for Ed Oliver.
  15. Eh, DEN's D kept their games manageable and their run game strong as a unit. Period. We were not gonna be run first when our D was giving up so many points so quickly. And, with how many outside zone runs with Tevin we kept feeding as the main back; 93% of all of our runs(!!) according to one source, then how is Ito going to do any better? Blame Sark before Ito if you don't want to admit our OL flat out stunk. To suggest the DEN run game was 5th in DVOA with their QB play and it was mostly Lindsay and not their system letting him do his thing? Then, Tevin was garbage and should've been benched.
  16. He’s plenty agile enough but people will compare agile to guys who are weighing 20-30 or 50 lbs less. Compared to Vea Shelton and alike Dex by a mile.
  17. I hope so. tired of people talking about the same old names.
  18. Bronco’s OL woes last year are well documented, it’s why they hired Mike Munchack as their new OL coach and threw a boatload of cash at Ja’ James. So yes, Lindsay was pretty **** good.
  19. Ok I'm ready now. Thanks OP.
  20. I like the mock. In that scenario I'd probably pick Rashan Gary or Devin Bush in R1 and get my RT in R2, but I kinda expect the Falcons to go OT in R1. Would also prefer a LB earlier, probably in place of Gaillard.
  21. Yeah, if dex has 32 inch arms it wouldn’t be a question. The intriguing thing is the length and power. If you have that combo you can do a lot (if you take it seriously, learn well, etc) but a lot of rushing is body control and loose hips and getting yourself skinny too. Just have no idea what if that he can do. If he’s as athletic as they say, you’d expect he could do some of that. I’ve never seen his agility drills have you? still think he’d look way better at 325.
  22. For Williams yes for Oliver no and i like Oliver alot but im not giving up that much for any player not named Bosa, Allen, or Q. Williams who i think are the 3 true elite defenders coming out. Oliver is a bad man himself but i think he is the start of that next tier down that is Oliver, Wilkins, Sweat, and Simmons when healthy.
  23. Has anything you've said about Trump come true. Everything thing that he gets blamed for turns out to be a media lie and you fall for every one. Perhaps your sensitive to what he says and uninformed to what he does. It's very negative you know when all you know is to say negative remarks about him. Seriously do you ever sleep or have a hobby or do anything else other than post on this forum ? It's the same every day
  24. I don't think their is a wrong move between those 2 i honestly see both of them having a very very good nfl career. Even if one of the 2 ends up a little better than the other i don't think it will be enough to say we just screwed up tremendously as the other one will probably be right there close to him.
  25. Just notice Luke Jackson has more wins than Sale and Scherzer combined.
  26. I don't think you move that far up in this draft. Maybe to #5 or #6 but no higher...#3 sounds like just more hype fuel. AND if you made any of those moves; you pretty much are "going all in for a SB" draft style. Should've won 2 with Julio already... If that gave us a level of DL we haven't seen since DQ has been here and as long as the OL plans so far pan out? Yeah, I might do it. Could put us over the top with injured guys returning, coaching changes, and the FA we had. Sure, it places a LOT of stress on nailing your remaining 4th and 5th round picks; in the proposed scenario...as you'll need them to contribute like 2nd and 3rd rounders eventually when roster overturn comes due or risk a falloff in 'window efficiency' without FA helping bring you. However, it's all about the risk/reward. We'd all probably be good if it got us a pass rush/LOS overhaul that netted a maximized window. Given the defenders coming due, we need to make things count now and also draft well. You might be more mediocre / average D again if you sit and those picks don't turn out as dynamic or ever produce compared to the ceiling of QW or EO. If they move up for a top 10 pick, it'll still signal they want their guy. I like it. If it's egregious of a move it's SB trophy or bust. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you win the SB with that player doing well but that'd be the goal. I think there is certainly a cut off and I'd still be shocked if we moved into the Top 5. Slots 6-10 I'll buy that as more of a palatable range as a fan.
  1. Load more activity