All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. This guy gets it. But don’t worry, they will win you over wen they win the NC this year
  3. Like Zeke, Micheal Thomas, Bosa Brothers, Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, Malik Hooker, Gareon Conley, Curtis Samuel, Cameron Haywood? Decent players like Vonn Bell, Eli Apple, Bradley Roby, Kurt Coleman, Taylor Decker? Up and coming Players like Terry McLaurin and Our very own Sheffield? Even throw backs like Malcom Jenkings, Carlos Hyde, Tedd Ginn, Donte Whitner, James Laurinitus, AJ Hawk, Will Smith, Chris Gamble?
  4. Hilarious that Trump talks to other heads of state like they are Meat Loaf or some other D-list celebrity on his reality show. Even funnier that he thinks that will be effective.
  5. Like Lattimore, Bosa, Bosa, Thomas, Sheffield, Elliott, Decker, Hyde, Hayward, Jenkins, etc? Sure there are others... I have to stop, I am nauseous from defending the team I hate most lol.
  6. Now I now it’s not the “great SEC”, but the big 10 now has 5 top 25 teams as well, including 3 in the top 10. Not to mention those top 10 teams have top 10 defenses in that nation as well. Time to move on from The notion that only SEC teams are good. Outside of the division, I agree OSU seems to play cupcakes. I despise OSU, but they have some positions that generally translate well, especially DBs. Outside of the Bosa boys, DE is historically shaky from OSU, but they get a lot of premier talent. to think there are no pass rushers outside of Chase is nuts though. There are always guys that come out and surprise. i will give my homer plug and say take a look at Gross-Matos and Toney (DEs from PSU)
  7. MNF

You didn't refute anything. Produce data that shows the majority of Ryan's stats weren't compiled in the second half and from behind. Your obfuscation about 'in every game' and using dramatic words like 'truly horrible' don't change a thing. The numbers are there, emotion or insults won't change that. He's completed 14 passes with the lead this season. 14.
  8. Pretty losses, early in the game is when you need second half Matt Ryan. Why isnt' that happening if the defense is bad all game?
  9. So why crow about the numbers? I'm placing context. Appreciate the nom de plume.
  10. Which Ryan would have won, had we not blown the game
  11. Today
  12. Is the BBC Fake news?
  13. I sort of get it, if that is #22 instead of #20 trying to stop Johnson its not a score.
  14. If any civilian is in a position to know whether this statement is ******** or not, Clarissa Ward is in that position,
  15. I can live with it except for cleaning house. Matt Ryan and Julio are Falcons 4 life as they should be. I like stability. Looking back in hindsight we probably should have kept Sark, Armstrong and Manuel. Especially Manuel.
  16. Rest in peace Elijah, we will all continue your fight
  17. I want to keep everyone BUT DQ. I loved him coming in, but pass rush alone won’t fix this. There is no way in heel this D should be this bad no matter what. We’re a disaster and that’s not lack of talent. That’s DQ TD should def stay along with the rest of the staff if we can though new HC probably wants his own guys. We need to bring in a hard nosed HC to turn this thing around. And a legit DC who can work with our existing personnel
  18. Yes and no. Close, but not quite.
  19. Facts. I remember when TD brought in Dunta Robinson to address our pathetic pass rush when it was clear where the problem was.
  20. We have the ammo to pull it off.
  21. We could have 2 all pro CB's,and 2 all-pro safeties, but it will ALWAYS be useless if we are putting up 0 sacks every game. DB's always look better with a better pass rush. Pass rush needs to come 1st.
  22. 1. No matter what happens the rest of the year, we keep DQ and TD for 2020. 2. Keep current roster for 2020, minus a couple cap casualties. 3. Go all out pass rush and a couple OL in the draft. 4. Do whatever possible to get Chase Young. Trade up if needed(AS LONG AS WE DONT GIVE UP A 1ST ROUND PICK). Pass rushing DE class is non-existent of 1st round talent after Young. 5. Keep Koetter, and give the offense the rest of this season to get familiar with offense for 2020. 2nd year of an offense is usually always an improvement. 6. Add defensive coordinator. Simple plan. If it does workout: We are back on track, and have a few season left of Matt Ryan, Julio, and a young defense with a new pass rush that was acquired in the 2020 draft. If it doesn't workout: Clean house. Fire TD. Fire Quinn. Trade Matt Ryan(He will turn 37 after next year). Trade Julio(He will be turning 32 or 33 the year after next. Clear all that money from them, while also being able to cut Truant without much dead money, and same case for Freeman. Then we go into the 2021 draft with a high pick, and we are in the spot to trade up for, or flat out pick Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. We will have that young QB to add to a roster that includes the pass rushers we got in the 2020 draft, Ridley, Jarrett, DeBo, Keanu, and other young players will all be nearing, or in, their prime. Quinn has only had one awful season(this season), and has had already 7 wins in every other season, including 2 playoff appearances, and a SB appearance. I think this team changes drastically with a pass rush. Give this whole regime one more year. If it doesn't workout, we can cut players like Freeman and Truant much easier in 2021. We can also trade an aging Ryan and Julio to a contender looking to get over the hump. Ryan can go to a situation like Manning in Denver, and Julio can go to a situation like New England or Pittsburgh. We get picks for them, and we rebuild in the 2021 off-season, while having slot of our larger contracts being defenders entering their primes(Jarrett, DeBo, Keanu, etc.) I think this plan works out from a multiple of areas. - Financially - isn't smart to cut Freeman and truant until 2021. - Star Players primes - having a new regime with an aging Julio and Ryan would be just pushing things back. If we are getting a new HC and GM, we mine was well start from scratch, or else we will have to go through another mini-rebuild when those two retire. - Draft - let pass rush be the focus this year, and then if we rebuild the following year, we have the 2021 draft class that includes AT LEAST 2 STUD QB prospects(Lawrence and Fields, and possibly others that will emerge). IMO, we should pretty much tie Matt Ryan, Julio, TD, and DQ's remaining time with the falcons as a package. If one goes, they all should go. No half rebuilds, or retoolings. We stick with the current era 1 more year, because this is the only year under Quinn that we have been REALLY bad, without using injuries as a legitimate excuse. We give it one more year, and if it doesn't workout, we clean house of DQ, TD, Ryan, and Julio. I truly believe this is the smartest way to go from a financial stand point, from a business standoint, and from a winning standpoint. If we get rid of DQ and TD this off-season, we will be starting a new regime with an Matt Ryan who is a year older, Julio who is a year older, and we will have to replace the 2 faces of the franchise during that next regime. I think if we move on from DQ and TD, we should do it at the same time as Julio and Ryan, that way we can start from scratch, while also having our young defenders, Ridley, and our pass rushers we get in the 2020 draft. I don't want half rebuilds every couple years, or a new regime with our 2 best players being 36 and 32. I think this is the best plan of action possible for this team. We very well could be back in the playoffs next year with a healthy squad, a new pass rush, and the 2nd year in this offense. The players will be on board, because I don't think the players have stopped believing in the brotherhood. Thus is Quinn's 1st legitimately BAD year. Give him 1 more year, after a draft that is solely about getting a pass rush. It makes the most sense. It might not seem like it to some right now, but this plan of action would be the best for the franchise as a whole.
  23. Grant Delpit if we are going to use this system, Free Safety is 100% the most important position and we just don’t have the right skill set right now
  24. Another option is by trade.
  25. Great write-up Laurant. We should do what it takes to nab Young or Brown. We need a dominant, immediate impact player up front with our top pick, something TD fails to bring home time and time again. I believe he fancies himself as some sort of genius when in fact he's just an arrogant egomaniac **** bent on trying to be the smartest guy in the room but hopefully, and for the sake of this franchise, he's gone by New Year's Eve along with Quinn. I don't share your enthusiasm for DQ and feel he should be gone along with TD. I think we're still at the least a year or 2 away from looking seriously at our next QB which is good because we need to build this team from the inside out anyways, even if QB were a dire immediate need. Not only that, in my opinion Blank likely won't even entertain bringing someone in that wants to move on from Ryan. Like him or not he's here for another 2 years at the very least and Blank will want to hire somebody that sees Ryan as he does, a lifer here til the end or close to it. I do like the idea of Lawrence or Fields looking ahead though.
  26. Another player I'm watching tape on right now is Javon Kinlaw, the DT from South Carolina. I really like what I see. If I would have made this post in a couple days, he would probably be in the group of Young, Thomas, Brown, and Tagovailoa. He's that good of a prospect, and has great production to pair with it. I would out him a hair below those guys, and my current favorite if we are picking after 10, assuming those original 4 are gone. If you go to walterfootball's rankings of the 2020 DE class, it gets really ugly after Young. The only other current "lock" for the 1st is AJ Espensa(sp?) out of Iowa, and his bread and butter is run defending, and is a very raw pass rushing prospect. When it comes to 1st round talent at the pass rushing DE spot in the 2020 draft class, it really starts and ends with Chase Young. This DE class is VERY UGLY after him. We may see only 2-3 DE drafted in the first round, and that's assuming someone climbs the boards after the combine. If the draft were right now, only Chase And AJ would probably crack the WHOLE 1st round. That's scary when it comes to our options for fixing the pass rush, because we probably won't have the money to get pass rush help in FA, nor will there probably be a FA pass rusher worth throwing money at. If TD is still here, I could EASILY see us trading up for Chase Young, due to the lack of pass rushers in this draft and the need we gave for one. Even if we get a new GM, I could see him reading up for Young, if we are not giving up more than a 2nd and 3rd/4th(preferably from separate drafts). I think DQ could succeed if we had a pass rush. I wouldn't be against keeping him and TD, but that's only if we got a pass rush. I've seen where he can take us, and we would have gone pretty far in 2016 without Shanahan. Maybe not SB far, but we would have still probably won a playoff game or two, because our defense was playing great with a consistent pass rush later in the season/playoffs. I'm 50/50 for giving DQ one more season, trading up for Chase Young(if we aren't in reach), and if it doesn't work, then we clean house. That includes trading Matt and Julio, and going for Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields to pair with a defense that has a lot of young cornerstones to rebuild around. DQ has shown too much to give up on after only 1 god awful season. He only has 1 season below .500, and we were filling the IR and injury report on a weekly basis that year(last year). Go all out this next off-season for pass rush(withiut giving up a 2021 1st), give DQ one more season, and if it doesn't workout, start from sratch with our young building blocks we already have(Ridley, DeBo, Grady, Keanu, Lindstrom, McGary, and a few others) and grab either Justin fields or Trevor Lawrence to start a new era. That would leave Julio nearing mid 30s, and Matt Ryan 36, and we can trade them for whatever, while also clearing some money.
  27. Grant Delpit
  1. Load more activity