All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Biggest surprise would be if Beek’s mock comes true. Take Dillard at 14 while Wilkins and Lawrence are still on the board. LMAO people would go bat**** on the boards.
  3. That’s a fact. Let him play his game. That’s who he is. When you start tampering with a players game or they play timid they tend to get hurt more frequent than being who they are. The only thing he needs to cut down on is taking unnecessary hits.
  4. What about all the busts and disappointing players that Belichick picked in rounds a 1 and 2 since 2008? The suggestion that Alford and Trufant were bad picks is ludicrous. We actually had a Super Bowl won against Belichick and Brady with them starting, but blown clock managed gave game away
  5. See, thats exactly where my mind went. To be able to come to terms with who you are picking, means you have all the confidence that one will be there. To me that meant Dexter, becuase anyone else would call him a reach and most likely zero change of him going before #14.
  6. There's a new veteran of our current never ending wars in the middle east that threw his name in the hat, I guess we (again @achilles return , NOT YOU) can focus all our attention to ****ting on him now instead.
  7. Easy to speed type when you are LOL.
  8. Possible stellar picks? Ryan - yes Julio - yes but he had to trade up a lot for Matthews - good 2018 but prior years not as good Trufant - he would dump him now if he could and we got to the SB w/o him Alford - didn't we just dump him? Neal - good if he returns from his injury this year OK Hooper - good but will be able to keep him Coleman - already replacing him because of money Debo - was this Quinn or TD's selection? Ridley - just one year but looks good Moore - was good but didn't hang around very long Beasley - unless Quinn pulls a miracle, a bust Senat - has disappeared it seems Douglas - was pretty good but question of money to keep him? McKinley - we traded up for him also, and not a great 2018 Any other early round (rounds 1-3) stellar picks you want to mention? Riley? Baker? Peria? Konz? Holmes? Owens? Peters? Dent? Collins? Southward? Hageman? Johnson? Lofton? DeCoud? Weatherspoon? Jackson? Isaiah-TBD? Too many on this board think of Julio and Ryan as such great successes but ignore all the failures. I would think at least half if not two-thirds of our early round picks should have been starters for more than a season or two, but it is more like only 40% (I count about 32 picks or so in rounds 1-3 since 2008).
  9. You missed "it".
  10. Lol. Bit of both!! You know me brother. I’m gonna hold a mirror to their face to attempt to show them how stupid they sound. Lol. It was a chain of events that lost the game. Not the Free play. I can see if that play lead to the lead or even tied the game. It didn’t. They scored but were still behind.
  11. Hype level intensifying.......
  12. @WhenFalconsWin and @HMFIC your man needs serious institutionalization.
  13. If you reduce TDs accomplishments to “two straight winning seasons” or “number of Super Bowls he won” I now understand why you have such a critical opinion of him.
  14. I’d give a B+, and that’s possibly being harsh. What TD achieved in his first few years was incredible given the total dumpster fire he inherited. We should have been 3-5 years away from being competitive. I still say that what he achieved, was one of THE greatest Front Office/GM accomplishments I’ve ever seen in 30+ years. He’d get A+ for part of his tenure. Building a young roster is tough, but keeping it together and whilst your best players become FAs is even more difficult. TD’s biggest failing here, was that he mismanaged the transition in 2011-13 when our the young picks from his early draft became eligible for free agency and therefore much more expensive to keep. He’d only get a D or E from me, his work from 2011-13. Replacing Turner, Gonzo, Roddy, McClure and Abe was always being to be a massive challenge, and a short term decline was highly likely. Doing it whilst short of cap room (due to the cap pressure of having to pay up to keep our best young players) and with a shortage of draft picks for 2 years - was always going to impossible. The only mitigating factor in TDs defence, is that we had terrible luck at this time with the injuries to Jerry, Moore, Spoon and Baker defence. We needed our early draft picks from 09-11 to become cornerstones pieces who we could build around, but it didn’t happen for reasons that were outside our direct control. TD did very good job retooling after then slump of 2013 & 2014. He’d get a B+/A for the rebuild. I think TD and the front office are amongst the best talent evaluators. If they have an issue which bothers me, it’s that I don’t really agree with their team building philosophy. I think we trade away too many picks rather than letting drafts come to us, and we overvalue and over-invest draft picks in the WR and CB positions to the detriment and expense of other positions, especially the OL. I’d rather “make do” with mid and late round WRs and invest more draft capital in the trenches, build Jag from the inside out, rather than the other way around. Mind you, we’ve build that way for a long time before TD got here, so I wonder whether that may be more of an ownership issue. I have lot more faith in TD and the front office, than I have in ownership and coaching staff. I have great love and respect for Mr Blank for his commitment to building a winner, but I fear that he gets too involved in some personnel decisions.
  15. In Atl, Trump just said he is the most transparent president ever. JFC his lies are dumbfounding except to @HMFIC and his twin bozo @WhenFalconsWin
  16. The only lesson he has learned is that sitting presidents can’t get indicted. As Republicans have since the garland nomination, the only play they have is to shoot the moon. I suspect Trump to continue to engage in any criminal behavior necessary to get re-elected and remain in office. And I think he will continue this behavior until until January 20, 2020. https://www.bayarea-attorney.com/federal-statue-of-limitations
  17. I haven't seen or heard him support the GND. The closest I have seen is that he supports "broad climate action" and that he likes the concept of the GND.
  18. Well they might as well go up to 1 and get Quinnen Williams if that’s the strategy.
  19. @WhenFalconsWin, you man never ceases to make me LOL. A 'D' in 2020 for sure.
  20. The President cannot mobilize the national guard. The national guard is a state level entity that falls under DOD but each state operates their own national guard. Only the governor can mobilize the national guard. Texas has had the Texas national guard assisting Border Patrol on and off for 10+ years. When I did it, Obama was president. Reserves are federal and they only get activated for deployments or training. When the president says he's sending armed troops somewhere, he's talking about mobilizing regular active duty units. Those units train for specific roles in fighting wars. They don't train for or care about nonexistent threats on the border. If you send active duty units to the border, they're going to walk around and sit around doing nothing... because there is no one coming across that border trying to have shoot outs. It's a colossal waste of time and money.
  21. Plus, the $15.2 million helped, too.
  22. You are brave. Or dumb. I can't tell...for engaging on that particular topic lol (disclaimer: I completely agree with you and you know it) Re: OP. This is a big year for Devonta. Call it make or break perhaps. Not only for his time in Atlanta but potentially his career. If there is one position in the NFL that is the most easily replaceable it is a RB that is oft injured. Devonta is one of my favorite backs and I wish him well. For me it's not a matter of talent, he has it in spades. He just needs to stay healthy and he will be a pro bowler.
  23. Gotta agree with Fatboi on this one. We made a bunch of mistakes, but that was the dagger.
  24. It’s football. Let him go out there and ball. If he gets hurt again, that’s just how it goes. If he plays tentatively, he’ll definitely get hurt.
  1. Load more activity