All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. I think that’s an easy excuse not to try and replicate the Pats. Did he outsmart the Seahawks and then the Falcons? Or did he simply let us and the Hawks outsmart ourselves? While he coached the team that was came back from 28-3, he also coached the team that allowed a team to get down 25 points in 40 minutes of football. Much of the Belichick philosophy is simple common sense. Isn’t it easier to outfox teams week to week if you have more depth? More players to run multiple schemes week-to-week? He does that by sacrificing elite talent in favor of quality, dependable pieces across the board. . I screamed for us to grab Jamie Collins for 2-3 million. They got him for 1 million and he will make the pro bowl. Belichick is the best in the business...the best there ever was, and quite possibly the best there ever will be… But much of his aura is simple common sense. Accumulate draft picks, scout other teams possible castoff’s etc...put your players into a position to utilize their skill set. And don’t be afraid to make hard decisions & cut players otherwise loved by the team and fans
  3. That’s an easy one. Smitty always got more out of less. His problem was just that with being a horrible talent evaluator thinking he could coach everyone up who shouldn’t have been in the league, much less starters.
  4. probably the Atlanta United game
  5. A better receiving TE is always going to get paid more than a better blocking TE.
  6. They just converted Matthews contract to sign someone back in Aug
  7. Thanks for this. I really needed this kind of encouragement.
  8. Smitty Ball was better than quinning. Quinning aint winning, fire Dan Quinn!!
  9. "RaMsEy CoNtAinEd JuLLio"
  10. He was being passive aggressive, he didn't have to explicitly state anything. He's acknowledged Hopkins is a great receiver in the past, so by him saying they're not similar with that dismissive look on his face and saying it would've been "crazy" if he was in his groove, he was basically saying he would've locked Julio up if he wasn't rusty. Which is ******** because you're a professional football player and that **** comes off as an arrogant excuse.
  11. you can't post June Cut next offseason unless a new CBA is reached https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26073422/nfl-cba-quirks-a-big-effect-2020-offseason In the Final League Year, there are no post-June 1 release designations. A team in our example dealing with the same problem next year would have to absorb the full dead-money hit no matter when it released the player. It makes sense when you think about it: Why would you make it easier for a team to release a player by allowing it to defer a cap hit into a season that might never even happen?
  12. spot on here mate! Lets see if he can put up the same numbers over the whole year before we put his name anywhere near all pro. Same people talking bout Julio is killing the cap now wanna give a tight end 10 mill a year........ I kinda like Graham even with his small sample size and he would be cap friendly for a couple of years. Matt Ryan will be first ballot some here think so de dosent need all pros at every freakin skill position. Hooper is eating as the 3rd option right now, I wager those numbers take a dive if he saw the attention that a number one or two like a Kelce, or Gronk gets.
  13. I'll gladly pass on this idea he really turned me off on him this year when i seen him start sulking and putting little effort in not only at the plate but even on the field.
  14. Dude, I’ve been a long time lurker on the board, had zero reason to post, but seeing this I needed to jump on. Take a deep breath! Listen, I know it’s rough and things right now likely seem overwhelming for a number of reasons. You are not alone bud. Guarantee there are people in your in your life, in your community, your church, any social outlet you have readily available where I promise you, people will rally around you and support you. I’m sorry you’re dealing with a lot but it will and does get better. All things have a season and challenges can open doors to paths you can’t even see yet. Bro, I lost my Mom in a car accident at 25, my Dad was in the same accident, in a coma and then in and out of hospitals for years until he had some semblance of a regular life. Ends up having some mental issues once he stabilized, went off the deep end and ends up cutting me and my siblings out of his life. My extended family fell apart during this time (Mom was the glue). Lost my job, no prospects, lost my girlfriend, lost tons of friends because I was isolating myself from any kind of help. It was bleak Even now my sister is 28, has stage 4 lung cancer (doesn’t smoke and it was a freak genetic thing). Constantly worried, but even there amazing things are happening. It’s brought my family closer together. Made us appreciate the time we have. She’s fighting it, but no matter what, our past experiences have made us understand that we can make good out of the bad. 9 years later, I’m married, great job, family is closer. Still rough going with my Dad, but even that has provided enough with a deep perspective to be more patient and loving with others in my life. There are good and bad days, life is different, but embrace the new. What you’re experiencing now needs to be the motivation to keep fighting for the better ones to come. Tonight is actually my Mom’s 65th birthday. I believe these are the moments where she allows me to help others. You got this man. Keep at this, ask for help. For me it was my Church, group therapy, connecting with friends, focusing on making my family happy, regaining and working on my own confidence and having the realization that everyone goes through unbelievable hardships at a point, but you have a choice, give up? Or keep fighting to make a better tomorrow for yourself! I don’t know you but I know exactly how you feel. IT WILL GET BETTER! You’re not stupid, you’re not alone. The Falcons are a piss poor outlet for happiness right now, but see that even in all this misery, that someday even the Falcons will be successful again. Try not to focus on everything at once, be honest with yourself about what you can handle. Reach out. Don’t. Give. Up! I’m sure plenty on here would say the same! Praying hard for you bud!
  15. Smitty's teams didn't have penalties. Quinn's team this year? https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=numpen That answers that...
  16. Came a long way from being a transfer from Tulsa, huh?
  17. Brady is paid under the table and BB outsmarts every coach he faces. Really tough to duplicate. Their OL also takes nobodies and makes them good. What other teams can do that? Its really tough to replicate. Most teams have to keep their stars. This team isn’t lacking talent. It’s lacking coaching. Specifically defensive coaching. There’s no doubt in my mind if Wade Phillips was our current DC we’d be 6-1. Only Pats philosophy I would adopt is not paying for WRs or RBs unless you have a HOFer. Accumulate picks, sign one year deals for comp picks and lock up your young studs.
  18. Today
  19. In a thread about Ryan’s toughness people still have to knock him as a top QB. Smh. EVERY SINGLE STATISTIC PROVES YOU ARE FLAT OUT WRONG. Yes I’m yelling. JFC. I’ll never forgive Shanahan for one play that kept Ryan from being “elite” whatever the **** that means
  20. TD has built some strong rosters. I can’t fault him. Outside of 2013 & 2014 his rosters were playoff worthy. Even those years, if we are healthy we quite possibly make the playoffs. That means we make the playoffs and every single year but 2015 and 2018. That’s an impressive 11 year stretch. But I think signing Matthews, Brown, Carpenter & Freeman were mistakes. Hiring Koetter was a mistake...and firing MM may have been too ;I think Blank mandates that, though) But watching the Saints win without Brees & Kamara is frustrating. They win with scheme. Just like we did in 2016. Just like the 49ers & Packers are now. On the downs that we currently win, it’s because we have better players, not better coaches And I’m laughing at everyone who said Thomas isn’t an elite receiver. 200 yards up on JJ atm. Dude is the best receiver in short space in football. He knows how to get open quickly and always catches the football. 80% catch rate once again is incredible. He is once again about the average 80% catch rate… The only player to do that since 1980 is John Taylor at 78%
  21. I’ll make you one of groucho marx wearing a falcons cap if you want
  22. Yeah, I think Neal should be in these discussions due to the twin injuries. It's a brutal sport for players who go through consecutive seasons of limited play. Neal would save us $6.5 million. It really, really sucks for him, but a losing team with new personnel people and salary cap issues would cut someone in his situation without a second thought.
  23. What I find sad is that TD was brought here to emulate the Patriot's model, and he has done basically the opposite. Blank who hired him to do that has also done the exact opposite. Imagine it's SB week and a system RB for the Patriots who are playing in the big game demands to be paid via a proxy relative. Not only would he NOT have been paid, he probably would have sat out the SB and the Patriots would win anyway. Imagine a Patriots WR already a huge contract decided to hold out and subtlety demand to be the highest paid receiver in the league despite being under aforementioned contract.. he would have been sent packing, and the Patriots would come back and still make the SB the next season. We said we were going to copy the Patriots model and then basically did the exact opposite of what they would do at every turn.
  24. There are several others as well.
  25. Seriously, Brady calls it pliability. Being flexible and limber is extremely important in protecting from injury. Matt is like a yogi.
  1. Load more activity