All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. I responded with another question to show you it goes both ways but since you wanna lick markers I'll play. Houston 5 games missed in the last 2 years. That's hardly "injury concerns". And how was I wrong about Freeny playing in a 4-3? We run a 4-3 do we not? So he played well in a 4-3.
  3. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
  4. As in the past, you won't answer.
  5. He is a OT for Washington. This is Auburn offence vs Washington Defense.
  6. That is not unusual for QBs as they are often overdrafted. Other positions are pretty predictable though. Other than the QB Jones, Falcons picks and Ferrell, I think most picks were pretty inline with their predicted range..
  7. agreed. If DQ can get a little more out of Vic and Takk - say 20% more production from those guys - and with Clayborn/Crawford helping w/ passrush duties and Davison/Senat sharing run stopping duties - we should be OK there if we can stay relatively healthy. Who knows? maybe Hageman re-ignites his career and develops - maybe we get lucky there. Next year, both Defensive Line and Cornerback will be positions of need most likely - maybe Linebacker as well. I fully expect Quinn/Dimitroff to unearth at least ONE more really good player with our remaining picks - just look at Foye, Kazee, Campbell and Grady - that is a nice resume' of Day#3 picks turned into viable NFL starters.
  8. Quinn is excited about the position battle that will take place in camp. Quinn said the best man will start. Quinn and TD said they are prepared for any FA to be a backup if it comes down to that. They both said they are more comfortable about the depth situation this year versus last year. They feel they had to jump on the best and more prepared olinemen early. Oline was and is priority.
  9. we temporarily fixed out de and dt position with some 1 year contracts but our depth at cb is horrible. right now if anyone gets hurt were screwed. we have to get another cb. with that in mind, is there A. a fa cb that we could sign with our limited cap space that could fill in for trufant or oliver should one go down. B. any of the 2nd/3rd round rated cb’s that could fill the role gonna drop to the late 3rd early 4th round? ie layne, love, bunting, johnson, joejuan? i just cant see us not addressing this position?
  10. I get what you are saying. My point was that we all wanted OL and we got it. And let's see how these guys play out, maybe they are worth it. None of us here on this board are experts, if we were, we wouldn't be posting on a fan board. Maybe they are thinking they can move Lindstorrm from OG to RT, I am not sure. I do know that in college a lot of these OL guys play different positions. It we had gone defense with these picks, everyone would have chirping about not addressing the OL. I bet they move up in 3rd and get a safety, LB or CB. The draft is just 1 round old, we got 6 to go!
  11. Those were top level SEC defensive players for very good defenses. These are top level Pac 12 and ACC offensive linemen for teams that don't play tough defenses and weren't even good offensively. Nothing similar to really draw from it aside from round projections imo. Hopefully it works out.
  12. O-line has been fixed, the biggest hole now is the edge pass rushers followed by CB and DT.
  13. 4th - CB & LB (Isaiah Johnson and Vosean Joseph) 5th - DE & DT (Jamal Davis & Daylon Mack) 6th - CB & RB (Jimmy Moreland & Elijah Holyfield) 7th - WR (Terry Godwin)
  14. I like how you dodged the question and also dodged the fact that you were wrong about Freeney playing in a 4-3 lol...
  15. I'm no expert on college football but Lindstrom looks like a stud to me. If we come out with a pro-bowl guard and a decent starter at right tackle out of this draft than how can anyone say it's anything but a massive success? Basically have been looking to shore up those positions for what seems like forever. As far as spending too much on the line in free agency, we didn't sign anyone to a monster contract, we signed one vet that seems like he can be a decent left guard for us and another that seems like a project at right guard, both to short term deals with little cap penalties after year 1 if we choose to cut them. I don't see the issue here. Clearly Brown will compete for Lindstrom for the starting job and whoever wins will likely be a massive upgrade over what we had last year. McGary seems like more of a project so it's completely logical we have Sombrailo out there to start with the hopes that McGary can take over within the next two-three years. Either way, we now have more depth at o-line than we've ever had with the potential to be building a line with three or more pro bowl caliber players. Also, RIO Fusco and Wes... ye shall not be missed.
  16. Didn't want it to happen. That would be the biggest shock to me, as the title of the thread reads...
  17. Good points. Vastly disagree with the Hageman part. Good players don't get cut, at least not usually. The guy was always an experiment and it failed. Bringing him back tells me that we are worried about DT because that is a Hail Mary move by the FO. Which brings us full circle with the Dolphins potentially snagging our guy. Hitting on late picks is fine, but why mortgage higher selections rather than later ones? If they do trade back into the second or third, the team just keep borrowing draft debt for seemingly no reason.
  18. Don't know yet, offseason isn't over. Realistically, you can't have depth across the board in the NFL; there will always be thin spots. You give priority to positions you feel are most important. Looks like the front office has decided that protecting Matt Ryan is the priority - which I believe is prudent, because you should always insure your strongest assets. Does that mean we suffer some if a front line defender like Grady goes down? Sure. But by keeping Matt upright, and opening holes for the run game, we have a puncher's chance, and the ability to control the clock, which in turn keeps our depleted D off the field, lessening exposure of the weakest part of the team.
  19. That's what he's listed as yes. The knock on him is pass protection. I feel like he will be a guard.
  20. Does it seem smart to gamble our defensive line on a guy who was out for 2 years, a guy with 3 career sacks, and two guys who are hurt every year?
  21. Sports Illustrated Grades/Comments: 14. ATLANTA FALCONS: G CHRIS LINDSTROM When the Falcons paid meaningful money to guards James Carpenter and Jamon Brown in free agency, analysts like yours truly scratched their heads and wondered if this meant the team was moving to more of a north-south inside zone running game, rather than the east-west outside zone game around which they’ve built their offense. Carpenter and Brown, after all, are downhill maulers with limited lateral agility. Lindstrom, on the other hand, is dripping with athleticism. He’s expected to be an excellent outside zone blocker, which suggests the Falcons will indeed remain an outside zone running team. Carpenter, though not suited for that system, at least survived in it for many years as a Seahawk. Brown also played in it as a Ram and could be moved to right tackle, a position he played effectively during the 2017 offseason in L.A. The Falcons, who entered this draft with few needs and a ready-to-win-now roster, upgraded at a critical position. GRADE: A- 31. ATLANTA FALCONS (VIA LOS ANGELES RAMS): T KALEN MCGARY The Falcons took two first-round offensive linemen in one draft … and that’s after signing a pair of what looked like would-be starting guards in free agency. Assuming this is it for O-line investments, we now know where the Falcons stand (if not going into camp, then likely coming out of it): Chris Lindstrom will be the left guard and Kaleb McGary will be the right tackle, leaving Jamon Brown at right guard and James Carpenter in a somewhat expensive backup role. OK, it all makes sense now, though if you wanted to nitpick, you could say this is a lot put into one part of the roster, given that Atlanta’s four-man pass rush could use a bit of a boost. GRADE: B-
  22. Posted 3 hours ago (edited) 4th. Joe Jackson DE Miami and Isaiah Johnson CB Houston 5th. Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M and Foster Moreau TE LSU 6th. Jamel Dean CB Auburn and Bruce Anderson RB North Dakota State 7th. Brett Rypien QB Boise
  23. Not as sexually creepy as your old potus.
  24. I'm good with it
  25. One thing I noticed - granted it's highlight tapes - but both Lindstrom and McGary seemed to be good at blocking someone - then re-directing and popping the 2nd guy coming free - great re-direction ability.
  1. Load more activity