All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. OK, Watching various sports networks today & someone (wish it was me - NOT) has leaked that Jim Harbaugh is putting out "feelers" to return to the NFL, like I stated in the start of this thred, he cannot compete in recruiting with the "BIG" schools, we still have the pieces on"O" but the "D" is a horror show, Mr Blank, lets show the toughness we're missing, lead us into "Accountability" gut this staff in the 'bye' week & start the search for the new, tough staff.....Thank You
  3. I thought he could thrive at OG. But he will be a solid RT as well
  4. Some "experts" were saying guard might be McGary's eventual position. We'll see.
  5. Beasley,campbell,trufant,rico, takk and oliver packed it in. Kazee need to grow the f..k up. Matthews got complacent once he got his money. Did nothing to protect matt. Its like they dont even care. TD and quinn are responsible for his horrid roster and should be exiled to the state border. Blank needs to gut at least 80% of the defense. And 20% of the offense.
  6. here it is as compiled by SportsTrac. I tried copy/paste these numbers before and it comes out jumbled mess - so I am just going to provide the link and those interested can check it out for themselves: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/cap/2020/ 2020 Falcons Salary Cap Summary: $200 mm - Falcons Cap committments - Active Contracts $199 mm - Projected 2020 Salary Cap per NFL team $7 mm - Falcons Salary Cap Rollover from 2019 $204 mm - Falcons Salary Cap after adding 2019 carryover and subtracting some dead money $1.6 mm - Salary Cap room heading into 2020 for Falcons 39 - Players under contract 51 - Number of players counted in salary cap (Top 51) 53 - Number of players on active roster Statements about 2020: Falcons have $1.6mm in salary cap room now for 2020. Falcons currently 12 roster players under the 51 limit $1.6mm salary cap room divided by 12 players = $133,333/player $500,000 = Vet Minimum with no experience $555,000 = Vet Minimum with 1 year NFL tenure $605,000 = Vet Minimum with 2 years NFL tenure $700,000 = Vet Minimum with 3 years NFL tenure YES, there will be cuts and hopefully some more trades - but look at the above. There needs to be A LOT of things done just to complete an NFL roster. There could be 2-3 rookies that will get paid well that are drafted in Rounds 1-2. Falcons figure now to have a Top 5 draft pick if this season holds. Quinnen Williams was drafted #3 overall and his rookie year cap hit is $6mm. Add that to the mix above. Now you are up to 40 players on your roster and you are $4.5mm OVER the salary cap and need to add 11 more contracts. If everyone else was a vet minimum with no experience - you would need to clear another $5.5mm just to field a roster. Now throw in another high contract in Hooper - you just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper. YES, you can go to your top players and keep extending them and bonusing them but as you do that - it makes it harder and harder to cut them in the future - not really ideal to do that for players in their 30's especially. My point is to try and show all of you that while the Falcons Bank maybe isn't closed - it really should be. The bottom 1/2 to bottom 1/3 of our roster will continue to get worse - at least the veteran role players and spot starters will get worse - if you believe they are properly valued in relation to their pay.
  7. McGary is struggling with quick edge rushers but let’s get all the mistakes out in a wasted season. Once we reach nine losses I am inclined to sit Matt Ryan and Julio Jones and Grady and Debo
  8. Dirk's gonna Dirk. If Lindstrom is ready to go at any point this season, he needs to get reps. He needs to build that rapport with McGary, who if all goes well, will be together for the next 10-12 years.
  9. he getting paid $$$ so he dont care thats what he wanted
  10. It looks to me like the whole offensive line has checked out. Oliver is lost and Bryant is through. They're all stealing checks at this point.
  11. Again you are twisting the factual record for some unknown purpose. I specifically stated, "when the race had a top 4 or less." We reached that point a few weeks ago. In fact, my prediction correlated pretty strongly to what actually occurred. You win some, you lose some.
  12. Yeah they're responsible for getting too many athletes and not enough actual football players that have that desire and dog to get better. They're also responsible for that option they picked up. Fair enough. However, they're not entirely responsible for his piss poor, heartless play. Example. Grady was a fifth round pick but his pass rush moves, run defense and awareness has gotten better year after year. Vic was a first round pick with Olympic-esque athletic ability but doesn't have that dog and still hasn't developed a real pass rush move. He doesn't care enough. It's not a coincidence that guys like Grady get better and guys like Vic don't. I don't understand how you don't show up for OTAs when your HC was the only one who backed you. I can almost guarantee that there is animosity towards Vic in that locker room. His teammates are around him more than anybody. They know he doesn't care enough. They know what kind of guy he is. So when that 13 million dollar option got picked up and he's still trying to get by with his athleticism and first round status, how do you think other grown men are going to react? Vic did this to himself. Julio said "this is on us, not Q". It is examples like Beasley that Julio is probably alluding to.
  13. Also the fact he put together a 16 sack season justifies the potential the front office saw in him. No player coming out of college is perfect but the pick was made to get a top pass rusher and during his first two seasons (first year was very good for a rookie DE) that's exactly what he was. The mistake was not drafting him but resigning him when it was clear his heart was no longer in it.
  14. I'm a bit puzzled as well. How has the Democratic party been moving to the left through my lifetime? The Democratic party I have witnessed presided over the continuing of foreign interventions, increased the surveillance and police states, gave us a horrific crime bill that locked up hundreds of thousands, a failed healthcare plan that was recycled from the GOP, and an increase in income disparity. But they have an openly gay man running for president, so start planning the May Day parades, comrades.
  15. Should have traded him last year. What a waste of tremendous talent.
  16. Don't stop...beeeeleeeevin
  17. Awful in space. Like I said, not a fan, but he's an effort guy
  18. Despite their late eruption, Belichick held the Chiefs to 7 points into the 4th quarter in last years AFCCG
  19. Hez the second coming of JA98, nice guy, soft, funny how he is on the trading block & no one wants him....enough said
  20. Hoop was the first player in one of my real time drafts that Dimi actually drafted. I think he's very good and a 3rd down chain mover. With that said, his blocking is atrocious. He is gonna get Ryan or Free killed. In light of that and our upcoming cap challenges, I wouldn't mind moving on. I think Graham may be just as good as a receiver and maybe a better blocker.
  21. Not saying it's factual but that's just how some guys are. Some in it for the money, some in it for the game. He's single with no kids as far as I know so the only family I can assume he wants to provide for in the moment is his mom and dad
  22. Imagine our players calling the plays lol Now that would be comedy.
  23. I thought that was one of the times @Leon Troutsky and I were arguing about impeachment/me ****ting on Pelosi for not wanting to. Gave me a chuckle that it was because you thought they should only start impeachment deep into the nomination process lol
  1. Load more activity