All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Some of y'all are really bad at reading.
  3. great deal. I would like him to crank up the sack stats to at least 8 sacks/yr though. I know how valuable Grady is in all aspects of the game - TFL's, taking the double-teams, etc - but he is capable of 8-10sacks/yr and a little more havoc.
  4. Do you know how old Mack is? What in the world makes you think we'd sign him to an extension?
  5. Heck of a deal...makes me wonder where all the crazy 18-20m a year figures were coming from.
  6. You hear folks talking about "self-loathing Jews . . . ". I'm not sure if that's an actual thing or not. I hope you aren't taking a shot at me with that, btw. I am not being "racist against my own people" with the JBBPR. I'm probably expressing my bias FOR Jews. I am proud of my Jewishness. I am proud of Jews. I expect us to set a good example. It frustrates me when folks do things that reflects poorly on us. So I call them out. Plus, I'm trying to be funny. And, as Bryan Cranston (Dr. Whatley) told Jerry Seinfeld "It's our sense of humor that sustained us as a people for 3,000 years"
  7. You don’t think they will want to assume some of Debo’s contract this year while we have the CAP? Let’s say Julio drops to 10, Grady is 8, that leaves 5-6 million we could add on to Debo’s 1.8 mill
  8. Oh, not complaining, understand completely why they did those 2 moves, just saying that was another reason for not spending big on FA.
  9. If Debo gets the same overall as Grady, it would almost definitely be an extension since he has a year left. It would be 4 years, $68 million in new money, but effectively about 5 years, $70 million going forward. I figure they would probably raise his cap hit a bit for this year from the ~$1.5 million it currently is. I'd say add another $5 million this year for Debo and his contract would be very reasonable in future years.
  10. you have to secure your long-term base players - and you have to do so w/ maximum leverage. The Vic deal is much more arguable but Falcons had no choice but to do what they did w/ Grady. We weren't gonna get a good deal w/ him unless we played it all the way out. Giving Justin Houston a two year deal had some risk as it impacted the salary cap for two years as opposed to just the one year for Vic.
  11. I hope he's out there eating all the *** and otherwise living his best life
  12. No. Grady will be a new hit, around $8MMish. Julio's is already accounted for on the cap, so if anything his will go down. And Debo's isn't changing, his deal would be an extension. So after the Julio deal, that cap space is all free cap that they probably intend to roll over.
  13. Freaking steal
  14. Very good deal. If Grady has a bad day, there will be 100 threads on Falcons over paying him.
  15. I wish Billy was here, he'd get a kick out of my present disillusionment even if he skipped all the text blocks.
  16. He's a guy I'd like to see outside of the desert. His numbers have been tremendously better on the road over his career (outside of 2019) and he's still pretty young (doesn't turn 28 until October). Has the potential to see a Gerrit Cole-like boost if he goes to the right situation.
  17. It’s 2020 I’m curious about. Should be interesting to see the structure. We will know a lot about player cuts once these numbers are released
  18. Trump has to apologize for those tweets. That's what the term dog whistle was made for. Sorry I can't support that kind of nonsense. With the exception of one all of them are born here in the US. So what are you really saying? He essentially said go home to where people look like you. Garbage racism tweets.
  19. Good point
  20. Well, that and the 28 mil in cap tied up by Vic and Grady.
  21. I'd say Foye replacing Duke is a given. If he doesn't then DQ needs a talking to by upper management.
  22. That’s what I am saying. How will we split the 23 between Grady & The Jones’s I’d just give all 3 an 8 million CAP hit for 2019
  23. Grady was always gonna be first. He had waited his turn and his contract was on a deadline, Julio is under contract. Debo is 2020 but Falcons are starting now to buildup goodwill and gives team a little more leverage to start talks earlier and also allows for more longer term options in cap strategy. These moves we are making now is why we didn’t go out and chase the Justin Houston’s of the world in free agency.
  24. The Cap is increasing ~$10 million a season these next two years. I think we’ll be fine.
  25. Not that I dont believe and maybe I missed it where did the cap number come from I didn't see any details yet
  1. Load more activity