All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Should have been his 2nd hit.
  3. A 9??? They should not release Wonderlic scores... And players are no longer loyal to teams in NFL
  4. You're stuck with Fromm for at least the next year so you might as well get used to it.
  5. Dansby just saved himself from a lot of ribbing with that hit.
  6. By BOB McGINN The 14 personnel people were asked to rank in order their seven best offensive linemen regardless of position. A first-place vote was worth seven points, a second was worth six and so on. Left tackle Andre Dillard led with 76 points (four first-place votes), and Cody Ford with 63 (three), Jawaan Taylor with 51 (three), Williams with 46 (three) and Garrett Bradbury with 40 (one) rounded out the top five. Following, in order, were: Chris Lindstrom (33), Erik McCoy (23), Elgton Jenkins (15), Kaleb McGary (13), Greg Little (10), Max Scharping (eight), Michael Deiter (five), Tytus Howard (four), Nate Davis (two), Chuma Edoga (one), Mitch Hyatt (one) and Dalton Risner (one). The scouts then were asked to name the player among the top 10 or 12 prospects with the best chance to bust. Little was identified as the leading candidate to fail with 4 ½ votes, followed by Williams (three), Dillard (2 ½), Taylor (1 ½), Lindstrom (one), Risner (one) and Ford (one-half). “Collectively, it’s a good group,” said one exec. “But there’s no dominant player. I don’t see a Trent Williams or Tyron Smith in terms of that kind of athlete, just that kind of specimen at the position. There are a lot of good guys who are tackles that will move inside and be good guards.” RANKING THE OFFENSIVE LINEMEN TACKLES 1. ANDRE DILLARD, Washington State (6-5, 310, 5.01, 1): Fifth-year senior. “Like him a lot,” said one scout. “He’s quick, uses his hands well. He’s patient. He can bend. He pass blocks, and that’s what people do now. He can do that. Easily.” Started 39 of his 42 games at LT. “Best left tackle prospect in the draft,” said one scout. “Really nice feet. Always has a base under him. Will be a Day 1 starter for somebody that needs one.” Led the tackles in the broad jump (9-10) and short shuttle (4.40). “I’m not a big fan because he’s not strong and he comes from Washington State,” a third scout said. “They’re way behind in technique. They’ve never been in a three-point stance. Somebody that needs a tackle, (bleep), there aren’t any. They’re going to take him in the top 15, probably. But you put on the Senior Bowl, that big ol’ giraffe from Iowa (Anthony Nelson) beat him for a sack. He didn’t have a great Senior Bowl. He’s a year away. But really good kid. He’s not a dog. He’s got really good feet.” Everywhere coach Mike Leach has been, his teams throw the ball and then throw it some more. “He could bust because of the offense he plays in,” said a fourth scout. “He’s a pass protector in college. That’s what he does. Plays in a two-point stance. He’s always kind of on his heels playing backwards. Well, he’s not going to be able to do that in the NFL. He’s got to play forward. He’s got to put his hand on the ground. I worry about guys from those kind of teams. All they do is pass protect 55 times a game. You wonder how it translates.” From Woodinville, Wash. 2. JAWAAN TAYLOR, Florida (6-5, 313, no 40, 1-2): Third-year junior. “I don’t know how he fails,” said one scout. “Even with bad technique I think he’s a good player … he’s a right tackle. You may try him on the left but very few have gone from right to left. Completely different skill set. He’s a dynamic, great talent at right tackle, and your right has to be almost as good as your left. Von (Miller) and Khalil Mack come from there.” Good arm length (35 1/8). “He is so overrated,” said another scout. Started 33 games at RT and two on the left. “He wasn’t even good at Florida,” said a third scout. “They had a reject (Montez Ivey) playing left tackle and he played right. He’s D.J. Humphrey Jr. Nice feet and nice movement but it looks like he’s not interested in playing half the time. He’s not physical. The guy refused to run.” Clubs have no 40 time because Taylor wouldn’t run at the combine or pro day. “He’s a big dude that doesn’t move very well, which is going to be a problem,” a fourth scout said. “He’s top-heavy and doesn’t move his feet. He doesn’t slide well. He doesn’t redirect well. If he grabs you and holds you he can maul you some. But even in the run game he just doesn’t have that surge off the ball and ability to position his body and get on top of people. I’m shocked at where he’s supposed to be going, as a top-10 pick. Wow. The guy’s going to struggle.” Scored 20 on the Wonderlic. From Cocoa, Fla. 3. KALEB McGARY, Washington (6-7, 319, 5.10, 1-2): Fifth-year senior. “He’s Rob Havenstein, the Wisconsin guy,” one scout said. “That’s exactly what he is. Slot him in at right tackle. He’s a second-round pick and plays for eight years. He’s always going to be a one-position guy, but I think he’s really good at that one position. I feel very comfortable what I’m going to get out of him.” Made all 47 of his starts at RT. Vertical jump of 33 ½ inches paced the tackles. “He’s got ability,” said another scout. “I’m scared of the medical. He had a heart thing going on since he’s been in college. He started like the last three years with it so he should be OK. It scares the **** out of me.” McGary underwent three procedures in high school to correct cardiac arrhythmia. His family lost its farm in Washington during the 2012 recession and a fire severely damaged their current home in Fife, Wash., more than a year ago. “He’s like a big (expletive) ogre,” said another scout. “He’s a better athlete than you want to give him credit for.” Wonderlic of 25. “Big, stiff robot guy.” a fourth scout said. “(Max) Scharping moves better and has better balance. I don’t like him.” 4. GREG LITTLE, Mississippi (6-5, 310, 5.30, 2): Third-year junior declared making after 29 starts at LT over three seasons. “Made a mistake by coming out,” one scout said. “Not ready. Really impressive looking former 5-star kid that hasn’t put it all together yet. You wouldn’t feel good about putting him on the field next year and saying he’s your starter. I could see him busting.” His father, Derrick, was drafted in the sixth round by Tampa Bay in 1989 as a LB but never made it. “I liked him over Taylor,” a second scout said. “He tested awful. Didn’t look very good in the drills. A lot of people were disappointed the way he worked out. He’s very light on his feet. He’s not a glass-eater but he plays whistle-to-whistle. Good competitive kid play in, play out.” Long arms (35 ¼), big hands (10 ¼) and a Wonderlic of 20. Weighed almost 350 as a freshman but overcame it. “When his number was called he got down to 320 as a freshman and that year (2016) he played well,” said a third scout. “That’s hard to do in that league. That’s what makes me think this kid has a chance to make it. Will Greg become a perennial Pro Bowler? He’s talented enough. A lot of people see a lot of fail in him. He’ll end up being like Cordy Glenn … a solid left tackle.” From Allen, Texas. 5. TYTUS HOWARD, Alabama State (6-5, 322, 5.05, 2-3): Fifth-year senior. “Maybe the highest ceiling (of all the offensive linemen),” said one scout. “Arguably the best small-school prospect with Nasir Adderley, the safety from Delaware. Can play both tackles, and I could also see him playing guard.” Arrived on campus as a TE. “He’s a good athlete, and has nice feet,” a second scout said. “They played Auburn (Sept. 8), and Auburn had like the third-best D-line in the nation. He just wasn’t very strong. I would certainly draft the guy in the fourth. I’d really like to work with him, but I don’t understand why at Alabama State he’s playing the right tackle and not left tackle.” From Monroeville, La. 6. CHUMA EDOGA, Southern California (6-3 ½, 310, 5.19, 2-4): Fourth-year senior. “He’s got talent,” said one scout. “It’s the makeup stuff. Is he going to be willing to do the things it takes to maximize what his skill set is? He’s got a starter’s skill set.” Flunked a drug test in 2015, ejected for pushing an official in September 2016 and suspended for a game that October for violating team rules. His Nigerian father was murdered in front of him in Africa. Has taken himself out of games at crucial times. “He is 100% a character risk,” said a second scout. “I would never draft that guy. He’s got the second best feet in the draft but he is a (bleep).” Highest Wonderlic of the tackles (34). Long arms (34 ¾). From Atlanta. 7. BOBBY EVANS, Oklahoma (6-4 ½, 310, 5.25, 3): Fourth-year junior. “He’s not bad,” one scout said. “Not a top-flight athlete but he’s long (arms were 34 ¾) and he’s smart (Wonderlic of 22). Knows how to play. He uses his length and initial positioning, but then after that he doesn’t have much movement and redirect and feet. He’ll be a right tackle or a guard. Maybe early third day.” Shifted to LT last year after starting 26 games at RT in 2016-’17. “He can play tackle and he’s got really good feet,” another scout said. “I’d take him in the third round so quick it would make your head spin.” Hails from Allen, Texas. “He can’t play left tackle – no way in ****,” another scout said. “He’s going to have to be a guard. He’s not bad.” 8. YODNY CAJUSTE, West Virginia (6-5, 309, no 40, 2-3): Played just one year of football in high school because he was so focused on basketball. “He’s got up side,” said one scout. “The question on him will be intelligence. He’s got explosiveness, he’s got pass pro. He can play guard, too. It’s can he do it mentally? We still have questions. He plays in that (spread) scheme and it’s a pain to evaluate.” Blew out his knee in the 2016 opener but returned to start his final two years at left tackle. Fifth-year senior from Miami. “He’s got really good feet but not as strong as you’d like,” another scout said. “I don’t know if he’s a physical enough guy to play guard.” 9. RYAN BATES, Penn State (6-4 ½, 307, 5.10, 3-4): Fourth-year junior with 34 starts. “He played left tackle and he has a chance to play left tackle in the league,” one scout said. “He’s not a hard worker. His attitude is, if he plays football, fine. If not, that’s fine, too. I gave him a second-day grade because of his athletic ability and he tested well at the combine. Not that he’s a bad kid. It’s just that football is not that important to him.” His 28 reps on the bench matched the position high. Arm length (32 ½) could necessitate a move inside. Asked if Bates might walk away from football, another scout said, “He could. We live in a different environment. He’s not that good, either.” From Warrington, Pa. 10. MITCH HYATT, Clemson (6-5 ½, 305, 5.29, 4): Started 57 games at LT for a team that won two national championships. “Amazing how much football he’s played there and how highly recruited he was and he’s not a very good player in terms of the NFL,” said one scout. “Started as an 18-year-old left tackle and he’s just a guy. He’s not going to come in and knock anyone’s socks off physically or athletically.” Consensus All-America as a senior. “He’s a great kid but just limited as an athlete,” said a second scout. “Doesn’t have great length. Doesn’t have great power or foot quickness. What are you hanging your hat on?” Team captain. From Suwanee, Ga. OTHERS: Oli Udoh, Elon; David Edwards, Wisconsin; Dennis Daley, South Carolina; Chidi Okeke, Tennessee State; Jackson Barton, Utah; Yosuah Nijman, Virginia Tech; Isaiah Prince, Ohio State; Paul Adams, Missouri; Josh Miles, Morgan State; Trey Pipkins, Sioux Falls; Tyler Roemer, San Diego State; Donnell Greene, Minnesota; Justin Skule, Vanderbilt; Montez Ivey, Florida GUARDS 1. CODY FORD, Oklahoma (6-3 ½, 330, 5.25, 1): Possibly the most physical blocker in the draft. “That sumbitch is tough and he’s mean,” one scout said. “He bends his knees. He keeps his feet moving. He is technique-sound and disciplined, and coaches love that. I think he could be a good NFL tackle but he’ll probably be a great guard. I want to tell you. He is aggressive.” Fourth-year junior saw his first season as the starting LG (2016) cut short after three games by a broken fibula. Made four starts at LG in ’17 before starting all 14 at RT last season. “He’s not as light on his feet as Dillard but for a big guy he uses his length well,” a second scout said. “I think he can play any position on the line really besides center. Bends pretty well. Competes to the whistle. He’s tough.” According to one scout, the only negative was his penchant for drawing 15-yard penalties. “Big, physical pounder,” said a third scout. “If you’re in a power scheme you’re going to like him, but so many teams are zone blocking. I don’t think he fits every scheme.” From Pineville, La. “He’s not going before Dillard but I’d take him before Dillard,” a fourth scout said. “He’s a mean son of a gun.” 2. CHRIS LINDSTROM, Boston College (6-3 ½, 307, 4.93, 1-2): Generally started at RG in 2015, ’16 and ’18 but spent most of ’17 at RT. “I think he’s a safe pick,” said one scout. “He’ll probably be a 10-plus year starter at guard. He’s strong enough. He’s a pretty complete football player. You’d want to utilize his movement because he’s got it.” Easily the fastest guard in the class, led the position in the broad jump (9-9) and posted 29 on the Wonderlic. “I think he can compete and start if not Year 2 then definitely by Year 3,” another scout said. “His biggest issue will be the power and the anchor. That’s why he’s not playing for you right away. He’s got to develop from that standpoint. But he’s got some quickness, some burst, some flexibility.” His father, Chris, played DE for four teams from 1983-’87. “He tries hard, he really tries hard,” a third scout said. “But he plays high and he’s a catcher. He gets pushed around. Why are people so excited about Lindstrom? No strength. Plays high.” From Dudley, Mass. 3. MAX SCHARPING, Northern Illinois (6-6, 321, no 40, 2-3): Fifth-year senior with 53 starts, including 27 at LT, 18 at RT and eight at RG. “He’s played left tackle but he’s got to be a guard,” one scout said. “He’s a top-heavy big guy. He plays to how smart he is (Wonderlic of 31). You’d think that kind of guy would have a little more aggressiveness. He’s competitive enough but not overly aggressive, which he’s going to have to be to survive. He’ll go second round. He’ll blow people away with the off-the-field stuff. He’s not by any means a top-flight athlete but he’s a better athlete than McGary.” Born and raised in Green Bay, where he graduated from Southwest High School. Will be the first player from one of the four Green Bay public schools to be drafted in 31 years. “Like him,” said another scout. “He’s not elite in his movements or traits but he’s solid and pretty consistent. I think he can play four spots. If you move him to guard I think he’d be effective because he’s got size.” Added a third scout: “From size and athleticism he’s kind of what you’re looking for. From a technique and temperament standpoint, he didn’t quite get there for me. The best thing is the size and athleticism are uncoachable aspects whereas the temperament is more of a decision on his part. If you like the person you go ahead and take him.” 4. DALTON RISNER, Kansas State (6-5, 311, 5.32, 2-3): Fifth-year senior with 34-inch arms. “He can play tackle to get you out of a game but he’ll have some deficiencies there because he’s just a stiffer athlete,” said one scout. “When he’s in tight quarters he’s strong. He’s got length, he’ll play tough, he’s got the right makeup. Highly experienced. He’ll be a good player.” Made 50 starts, including 13 at center in 2015 and 37 at RT the past three years. “I don’t love Risner at any position,” said a second scout. “He’s a hard-working guy, got good size. He plays too tall for a guard, I don’t think he’s a great enough athlete for left tackle and he isn’t stout enough to be a right (tackle). Can he start? Yeah, because there’s worse offensive linemen.” One of five players in K-State history to be a three-time captain. “If you can name me one Kansas State offensive tackle that’s ever played in the league you get the gold star,” said a third scout. “There’s not a good history of them. They’ve have had some interior guys. Cody Whitehair plays (center) for the Bears.” From Wiggins, Colo. 5. DRU SAMIA, Oklahoma (6-4 ½, 306, 5.28, 2-3): Played RG next to Ford. “He’s a barroom brawler – he’s out of control,” one scout said. “You like him in the run game but he’ll scare the **** out of you in the pass game protecting your quarterback. He’ll work it out. You love the competitive nature of the kid.” Fourth-year senior made 10 starts early in his career at RT and then 38 at RG. Made a concerted effort to cut down on personal foul penalties in 2018. “Samia is a tough, upper strength, rasslin’, run-blockin’, old-style guard who isn’t as good as (Josh) Sitton,” another scout said. “Fifth round.” His 38 on the Wonderlic led the guards. “Big, physical pounder,” said a third scout. “If you’re a zone-blocking team and you’re trying to do that on the interior against Aaron Donald, Jurrell Casey, those quick guys, good luck. You’re not ever getting them. How many power-blocking schemes are there? My guess is 10 or less.” From Sacramento, Calif. “Limited athlete,” a fourth scout said. “Just a tough guy.” 6. CONNOR McGOVERN, Penn State (6-5 ½, 310, no 40, 3): Third-year junior. “Old-time guard,” said one scout. “Mauler type. He is not an athlete at all.” Started at center in 2017 and at RG last year. “Strictly a guard,” another scout said. “All the coaches at Penn State loved him. He’s going to play because he wants to and he’s a big, tough, strong kid.” Dedicated weight-lifter from Larksville, Pa. “Love him,” said a third scout. “The more he gets in space the more he struggles, but he’s strong as (bleep). He can run block. It’s not even close between him and Samia (meaning McGovern is much better).” 7. MICHAEL JORDAN, Ohio State (6-6, 313, 5.30, 3-4): Third-year junior from Canton, Mich. “He surprises you movement-wise every once in a while but he’s a major waist-bender,” said one scout. “It’s hard for a guy that tall to bend well. It kind of negates his strength. He’s disappointing. He was the first freshman to start at Ohio State since Orlando Pace (1994) on the offensive line. You expect he’s going to be awesome. Then you see him and he’s big and long, but his film is kind of blah.” Started at guard in 2016-’17, then at center in ’18. “I don’t like him,” said another scout. “He’s just big. He’s top-heavy, soft, not quick. He did play better as a guard last year (2017).” Had the best vertical jump (32 ½) and the longest arms (34 ¼) of the guards. “Not a bad player,” said a third scout. “He’s not a center, though.” 8. MICHAEL DEITER, Wisconsin (6-5, 310, 5.25, 3-4): Fifth-year senior ranks as probably the most versatile blocker on the board. “He’s big, tough, intelligent (Wonderlic of 24),” one scout said. “He can swing to center. Because of that versatility he’s going to start Year 1.” Finished with 24 starts at LG, 16 at center and 14 at LT. “I like him pretty much,” said a second scout. “Functional athlete. He’s not nimble but has some quickness and bend. Nasty. Doesn’t have top anchor but he’ll be a solid starter.” Dropped more than a few notches based on his inauspicious showing at the Senior Bowl. “I thought Deiter was the biggest bomb/bust of the week,” a third scout said. “He played like crap. No strength. Got pushed around. Not physical. I was shocked. Wisconsin guys all work in concert. They’re all kind of the same guy. Sometimes it’s hard to do (evaluate) them because they don’t get isolated much. Good scheme. That was a frightening performance. Guys were just running through him. When you can’t get your hands on guys those 11-inch hands don’t work.” His hands measured 10 ¾ at the combine, largest of the guards. “I think all the Wisconsin offensive linemen stink (in this draft),” said a fourth scout. “Deiter, too. He stinks. He’s got no power.” From Curtice, Ohio. 9. NATE DAVIS, NC-Charlotte (6-3, 315, 5.22, 3-4): Started most of his career at RG before moving to RT in 2018. “He’s built how you want a guard to look,” said one scout. “In this league you’ve got to have *** and mass, and he’s got that in spades. Heavy-handed guy. He’s not 6-4, 6-5 but he plays well. He’s got good length. He has to clean up some things with his stance and his hands and just the angles. But he’s a smart enough guy (Wonderlic of 21). I think that guy’s starting for you by the second year and you’re very happy with him.” Fifth-year senior helped himself at the Senior Bowl. He hurt himself with a four-game suspension at the start of last season for academic reasons. “He played right tackle against Tennessee (Nov. 3) and totally dominated,” said another scout. “He can pull and get to the second level. He’s going to be a great guard because he’s so quick and mobile.” From Ashburn, Va. 10. NATE HERBIG, Stanford (6-3 1/2, 333, 5.42, 4-5): Third-year junior. Loves football, but tends to get overly emotional and it affects his play. “His stuff is more off-field-related,” said one scout. “It’ll be a matter of buy-in on his part. Is he going to do all the things necessary to maximize his ability? That’s the biggest concern. He’s not that exceptional of a talent where you say, ‘I’ll put up with it.’” Started at both guards and played some at RT. “He does have some size and some toughness but he’s a very average athlete,” another scout said. “Not real mobile. Got average feet. I don’t know why the guy came out. Kind of stiff.” Led the guards in the bench press (29 reps) but one scout said he didn’t play strong. From Kalaheo, Hawaii. OTHERS: Ben Powers, Oklahoma; Phil Haynes, Wake Forest; Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin; Javon Patterson, Mississippi; Zack Bailey, South Carolina; Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas; Andre James, UCLA; Bruno Reagan, Vanderbilt; Derwin Gray, Maryland; O’Shea Dugas, Louisiana Tech; Lester Cotton, Alabama; Alex Bars, Notre Dame. CENTERS 1. GARRETT BRADBURY, North Carolina State (6-3, 305, 4.93, 1-2): Played TE in high school and DT early in Raleigh before moving to guard in 2015 and then to center from 2016-’18. “He’s the prototype starting center in the NFL,” said one scout. “His size and strength issues will always persist. He’s not a midget. He’s actually bigger than Ryan Kalil (6-2 ½, 297, 4.96). I see a similar player, and the guy at Philadelphia, Jason Kelce (6-2 ½, 280, 4.91).” Fifth-year senior with three seasons as the starting center. “He’s quick and smart (Wonderlic of 35) and he competes and he blocks people,” a second scout said. “That’s the profile up here. Those kinds of guys play forever.” His hands (10 ½) were the largest at the position. His bench-press total of 34 was No. 1 as well. “He’s just a technician,” said a third scout. “A very good one.” Has short arms (31 ¾), but his hands (10 ½) were the largest among the centers. From Charlotte, N.C. 2. ERIK McCOY, Texas A&M (6-4, 305, 4.87, 1-2): Two-star recruit from Lufkin, Texas. “Really good football player,” said one scout. “You could almost play him at guard. He’s a good athlete. Quick. He positions. Does all the right things. Stronger than his size. He’s competitive. He works it but he’s not just a kick-your-*** guy.” Fourth-year junior with 36 starts at center and two at guard. Voted Aggies’ MVP on offense last season. “He’ll be your starting center by Year 2,” said another scout. “He’s tough, he’s nasty, he’s a dude.” Wonderlic of 26 and 29 reps on the bench. “Quinnen (Williams, of Alabama) pushed him the first series a couple times but this guy had a great battle with him after that,” a third scout said. “He blocked guys that will be in the NFL. He is strong and he is tough and he continues to put guys on the ground. He’s the best center I’ve seen in years.” 3. JONAH WILLIAMS, Alabama (6-4 ½, 303, 5.16, 1-2): Led the centers in broad jump (9-4) but, despite scoring 39 on the Wonderlic, finished second to Allegretti’s 42. “Technically sound, very consistent,” one scout said. “Good hand placement. Good lateral quicks. He’s not a gifted prototype at left tackle but he finds a way.” Started all 29 games at LT in 2017-’18 after starting all 15 at RT as a true freshman in ’16. “Could be a good left tackle but his highest ceiling is at center,” another scout said. “His best work is at the second level. That’s why I think he could be an elite center.” From Folsom, Calif. “He may not be the best left tackle but he’s the best offensive lineman,” said a third scout. “He could be a really good guard and potentially a center. He could play left tackle in the NFL. Jake Matthews does that, a guy with (similar) height (6-5 ½) and short-arm limitations.” Matthews, the sixth pick in 2014, has started all five years at LT for Atlanta with 33 3/8 arms. Williams’ were 33 5/8. Others, however, have their doubts that Williams will ever be brawny enough. “He lacks strength,” said one. “He lacks power. He’s got a lower body that cannot generate power.” 4. ELGTON JENKINS, Mississippi State (6-4 ½, 311, 5.10, 2): Fifth-year senior. “He and McCoy are very, very similar,” said one scout. “Really good football player. Good athlete. Balance, hands, feet, FBI (football intelligence). I’d say late first or second.” Started 26 games at center in 2017-’18 after making five starts at LT, two at LG and one at RG in 2015-’16. “He doesn’t have a dominant trait but he’s productive, strong, experienced,” another scout said. Longest arms (34) of the centers. Wonderlic of 19. “I like him but he has a little degree of stiffness,” a third scout said. “He’s never had a quarterback under center. If he’s going to have to step and reach (block) that’s going to be hard.” From Clarksdale, Miss. 5. ROSS PIERSCHBACHER, Alabama (6-3 ½, 307, 5.22, 5-6): Fifth-year senior, four-year starter. “When you’re getting into the seventh round you can take a guy like him who played at a high level and started every game (57) in college,” said one scout. “Durable, smart (Wonderlic of 26), tough. Can play multiple positions, none of them well. But he can do it. Or do you take the talented, inconsistent, maybe not very smart guy with some up side who can excite you but also can kick you in the (bleep)? I don’t like the player but I do think he’ll go in the late rounds just because he started (every) game and can play guard or center, smart as heck, no maintenance. It’s going to be a hard cut with him.” Saban went all the way to Cedar Falls, Iowa to recruit him. His first 42 starts were at guard before the move to center in 2018. Other scouts dismiss him. “If he was not from Alabama he wouldn’t even be talked about,” said one. “He’s overachiever personified. He just works and works and works. He’s got no feet, no balance.” Short arms (32 1/8), too. OTHERS: Nate Trewyn, UW-Whitewater; Brandon Knight, Indiana; Tyler Jones, North Carolina State; Lamont Gaillard, Georgia; Nick Allegretti, Illinois; Tanner Volson, North Dakota State; Trevon Tate, Memphis. THE SKINNY UNSUNG HERO Oli Udoh, T-G, Elon: Four-year starter at tackle but might shift to guard. Ran fast (5.06), has excellent size (6-5 ½, 324) and scored 27 on the Wonderlic. Weighed 380 five years ago. Size runs in the family. His great grandmother stood 6-8. Both parents are from Nigeria. Intriguing developmental prospect. SCOUTS’ NIGHTMARE Tyler Roemer, T, ex-San Diego State: Booted off the team late in the season for the latest in a number of off-field incidents that shortened his career by two-plus seasons. Rangy (6-6 ½, 309) and tested well athletically. Forte is pass protection. Tackles are too scarce and he’s probably too talented to go undrafted. PACKERS’ PICK TO REMEMBER Aaron Taylor, G, Notre Dame: First-round draft choice (No. 16) in 1994. Suffered a torn patellar tendon in a June minicamp not long after the draft and sat out his rookie season. Bounced back to start all but three games at LG from 1995-’97, playing in two Super Bowls. With Marco Rivera waiting in the wings the Packers let Taylor walk to San Diego as an unrestricted free agent (four years, $10.85 million) in March 1998. He started all but three games in 1998-’99 before injuries led to his retirement at age 27. QUOTE TO NOTE AFC personnel man: “Hey, one thing I learned a long time ago. You can’t fix soft. You can talk about all the other stuff. How fast he is, how high he jumps, all that stuff. But when you get in this league, man, you’ve got to have an element of toughness.”
  7. If we trade up to 3 Williams better be the pick but I dont really want to trade up to 3 though
  8. Man these Cleveland fans start cheering at every flyball lol
  9. Vicks overall body of work is still a disappointment of what he should've became. Vick was a gift and a curse. One minute he had me on the edge of my seat for a game-breaking run. The next minute he had me cursing because he fumbled or turned the ball over the ball. It drove me absolutely crazy how he always ran with the ball out in one hand the way he did. Despite Vick having some good memories on highlight plays, I pretty much started to sour on him as a QB around the end of his tenure in Atlanta and started coming around to the reality that he would never evolve his game.
  10. Via McGinn: NFL Scout on Ed Oliver: "Two scouts referred to Oliver as “a pain in the ***.” Said one: “Just talks too much trash. Running his mouth will get him in trouble somewhere. I would doubt he’d have any loyalty to his team when he becomes a player." Via McGinn: NFL Scout on Trysten Hill: “Gets in & they just knock him around. He’s not very good.” “The new staff didn’t like him." “It had to do with social media & he didn’t get along with the new coaches. Has maturity issues. Mom was in prison for a year. Guy’s on the edge.” Via McGinn: NFL Scout on Alabama RB Damien Harris: (Late to a meeting before the Tennessee game in 2018 and didn’t start.) “Kind of a pain in the ***,” a scout said. “But he is talented.” Via McGinn: NFL Scout on DL Rashan Gary: “I’m not sold that Rashan Gary loves football,” a third scout said. “His football character is not very good. His interview wasn’t good. He thinks he’s this great worker." Via McGinn: Georgia WR Riley Ridley had a Wonderlic of 9. Scout: “He’s the best receiver out of everybody as far as running routes and catching the ball. He's not very smart.”
  11. Y’all some straight up bishes. Seriously. I’m literally funning folks and it became a thing. Gawd. Where’s the fun. Where’s the introspective and the knowledge of this Braves board history?! Oh that’s right. Most are just visiting.
  12. Dude...maybe but that was tongue in cheek smart dry humor sarcasm. We burn each other from time to time. He’s not that guy. It was a joke. He’s a legit emotional fan.
  13. Video games and fantasy sports
  14. Luke Jackson, Dan Winkler, Josh Tomlin, and Jacob Webb only threw 1 inning each yesterday. Webb should most definitely be getting some action tonight. We've got to see what we've got there.
  15. LOL that ain't it brother. Super Bowl 51 broke me. I rarely got angry at sports before then, it did something to me deep down no joke.
  16. Naked Arya is so awkward cause she's aged so dam slowly compared to everybody else I know she's supposed to be all grown now but still she's our little Arya Stark
  17. Dang it!! There goes the shutout!
  18. It's certainly ruined quite a few people's abilities to objectively assess the real thing.
  19. Makes sense.....with the number of innings that the bullpen threw yesterday.
  20. Falcons will probably keep only 4, maybe 5 DTs on the roster. We have Jarrett, Davison, Senat and Crawford pretty much as locks. We also have DTs Zimmer, Bennett and Mariner. That means if Hageman makes the team it’s because we decided to keep 5 DTs and decided to keep him over Zimmer, Bennett and Mainer. We could also draft a DT. This, of course going by the numbers it’s a big uphill climb which is why I haven’t predicted he would make the roster.
  21. Wow!! Surprised Max Fried is still in the game.
  22. Fried is becoming a stud.
  23. Lol! Sports video games have ruined everyone’s expectations for the real thing!
  1. Load more activity