All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Looking at the voting so far, it's 33% for three different positions, ensuring no matter who we pick at #14, two-thirds of the board won't be happy. So, in another words, TATF status will remain quo.
  3. My vote is one of the Devin’s
  4. Easton Stick all the way.
  5. ok who's pre-ordered imperator:rome i know there are some fellow paradox nerds in here
  6. That's an awesome draft. I don't like the LSU TE and probably prefer Gardner Minchew to Rypien as a developmental QB but otherwise solid. Walk away with Wilkins, Winovich, and Johnson is a win IMO.
  7. I don’t know him. Let me check him out
  8. And not at all surprising
  9. These guys are pretty much on point.
  10. Good deal, brother. I see the heavy feet now and the lumbering first step similar to a big ‘gallop’ as mentioned in the video. His length helps make up for some of that, but man if he could work on having smoother, fluid, quicker feet in his steps, then he could be something. Has the strength and length, but needs better feet. Any idea as to how well an OT prospect with foot speed issues may improve in that area in his NFL career?
  11. Basically, what the title says, if we had who we thought could be/become top tier in this defense (those last 3 words are important) at nearly every position on defense sitting there at 14, who would you pick and why? Which position, if picked, would most put this defense over the top? A DL "Gap Penetrator"? A Tough big body NT type? A "Michael Bennett type" Edge rusher who can move inside? A "speedy" bend around the edge type rusher? A top tier WLB? A top coverage CB? A "rangy" top tier Free Safety? Note: I left out MLB and SS because I made these choices based off of who I generally see this board saying we need the most, the players that I most see people saying we need to get our defense over the hump. (Deion and Neal seem to be accepted as being satisfactory at their positions) If you have another type that you really think that I should add to the poll, say so, and I will try to accommodate depending.
  12. Some reporting that the militia group that detained migrants were supported by border patrol officers or at least the border patrol officers turned a blind eye to their illegal activities. That’s pretty serious.
  13. If we get Wilkins and Winowich I'd lose it! That would be a great push for Beasley and Takk.
  14. I can't stop laughing at Waylon's face in the second picture.
  15. Easton Stick please
  16. They made numerous mentions to how the women and children were going to the Crypt to be safe during the battle. I'm now convinced that was foreshadowing for the Night King raising the dead in the Crypt during the battle to attack from within the castle.
  17. McGinn has been doing this forever, primarily for Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. You can search around for them. https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/columnists/bob-mcginn/2016/02/26/bob-mcginn-2016-nfl-draft-outlook/84833058/ http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/2015-nfl-draft-outlook-b99448618z1-293321531.html/
  18. I’d only take him or any QB with the 4th round comp pick or later, but we already resigned schaub, so it’s doubtful.
  19. Yes, I know, QB isn’t really a need for another 2-3 years. But it’s the NFL and you never know when the backup will be forced into action....and I think Ryan Finley could be special. If available in Rd 3, would you consider taking him? I would. Reminds me a lot of Ryan
  20. Remember, you asked, I can't be held responsible for any baby making these pictures induce in @WOR 's mom At the Easter parade at her school. Mom made costumes for the whole class.
  21. As Ferrell and Sweat jockey with Florida’s Brian Burns to become the third edge player drafted the top spot will be decided between Ohio State’s Nick Bosa and Kentucky’s Josh Allen. Sixteen evaluators were asked to pick the best pass rusher in the draft regardless of position. That vote went Bosa, nine; Allen, five, and Ferrell and defensive tackle Ed Oliver, each one. The evaluators also agreed to rank their top seven edge players, with a first-place vote worth seven points, a second worth six and so on. Bosa led with 11 first-place votes and 106 points. He was followed by Allen, 96 (four firsts); Sweat, 71; Ferrell, 55 (one first); Burns, 52; Jaylon Ferguson, 26; Jachai Polite, 12; Oshane Ximines, 10; Chase Winovich, eight; Joe Jackson, five; Anthony Nelson, four, and D’Andre Walker, three. RANKING THE EDGE RUSHERS 1. NICK BOSA, Ohio State (6-3 ½, 267, 4.80, 1): Follows in the footsteps of his brother, Joey (6-5, 272, 4.82), who also played for the Buckeyes for three seasons before being drafted third by the Chargers in 2016. “He’s just like his brother,” said one scout. “They move alike but I think he’s more fluid than (Joey). The guy is tough, athletic, knows how to play and used his hands. I’m not sure what you wouldn’t like.” Quit the team and school about a month after suffering a core injury in Game 3 that required surgery. He wasn’t a starter in his first two seasons. “The thing last year bothered me a little bit,” said a second scout. “There’s a sense where they’re almost non-committed. That attitude the Bosa boys have doesn’t endear you to them. When you’ve got a father (John) that was a first-round pick and the other side of the family (Eric Kumerow) was a first-round pick, all these defensive ends, you sit there and go, ‘Well.’ They just have this sense of arrogance about them. But they work on their body and they play.” Scored 23 on the Wonderlic intelligence test; Joey had 37. Vertical jump, broad jump, bench-press reps, arm length and hand size all very comparable. “He is an intense player,” said another scout. “More on the collision side than the finesse side. He really gets after it. He throws his body around and he’s making tackles all over the field. He’s got body control. A very, very disruptive football player.” Finished with 77 tackles (29 for loss) and 17 ½ sacks. “Montez Sweat ran 4.41, Nick Bosa ran 4.81,” said a fourth scout. “I feel he’s at his ceiling right now. I feel like he’s tapped out. He’s not explosive. He’s not heavy-handed.” From Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 2. JOSH ALLEN, Kentucky (6-5, 260, 4.64, 1): Returned to the Wildcats for his fifth year after realizing his performance had slipped in 2017. “The strength is what improved the most from last year to this year,” said one scout. “It helped him be able to finish at the quarterback.” Put up 17 sacks in 2018 after having 14 ½ in his first three seasons. “He gained like 15 pounds,” said a second scout. “More productive because he can actually rush with power now. Big-boned guy. He can turn the corner. Probably a notch below elite talent coming out but he’s very good.” Finished with 220 tackles (42 for loss) and 11 forced fumbles. “I’ll be the only guy in America that thinks this way but I was disappointed,” said a third scout. “He’s not a (Rashan) Gary or a guy that you turn it on and in 10 plays you know exactly what he is. He has some slipperiness to him. What I didn’t like is he consistently stopped his feet and got too high. That happens to guys that don’t have a plan. They kind of go in and hope for the best. He did make plays. I just didn’t see him as a guy that will wow you right from the start.” Arms were 33 ½ but hands were a tiny 8 ¾, smallest at the position. “I shook his hand and I thought, ‘That’s half a hand,’” said a fourth scout said. “Looks the part physically. Great kid. He can run. Will never be able to handle a linebacker position.” From Montclair, N.J. Wonderlic of 15. 3. MONTEZ SWEAT, Mississippi State (6-5 ½, 260, 4.44, 1-2): Doctors have discovered that Sweat has an enlarged heart. He participated in the Senior Bowl and combine. Last year, Michigan DT Maurice Hurst fell to the fifth round with what one source described as a similar condition. “I think it will be a pure judgment call for every medical staff,” the scout said. “We’re meeting on it this week.” His blazing 40 enhanced his draft position. At the same time, his arms measured a position-best 35 ¾ and his arms were 10 ½. “Allen and Sweat are very similar guys,” said another scout. “One-year big production guys. Long and lanky. Look the part. Are they Pro Bowl-caliber players? I don’t think so. They’re going to get drafted where Pro Bowl-caliber players get drafted. I like him, but he’s not Von Miller.” Kicked out of Michigan State in April 2016 after failing at least one drug test and getting involved in some other dustups. “Kind of a party culture there,” said a third scout. “We had some guys from Michigan State talk about him positively during the time he was there. We’re OK with it.” Finished with 105 tackles (30 ½ for loss) and 23 ½ sacks. “That workout stuff, you don’t see on the field,” a fourth scout said. “He’s a gangly athlete. He gets beat up at the point of attack. As a rusher, he’s not a fluid-moving guy. He wins with his length. Just kind of a one-trick pony. He’s scary. He does play hard. But his workout numbers and what you see on the field are two different things.” Scored 14 and 19 on the Wonderlic. From Stone Mountain, Ga. Could be compared to former Titan Jevon Kearse (6-4, 262, 4.45). “Not a bad comparison,” said a fifth scout. “Inside stab. Inside move and he gets his arms under. He’s got such great arm length. I don’t like his person, but with that length and that speed he can develop if he’ll take coaching.” 4. CLELIN FERRELL, Clemson (6-4 ½, 263, no 40, 1): Serious-minded student of the game. “He’s one of my favorite players,” said one scout. “His production is unbelievable. He knows how to play. He’s not an elite athlete but he maximizes everything he has.” Three-year starter from Richmond, Va. Outplayed Alabama LT Jonah Williams in the national title game. “He’s big, long,” said a second scout. “He can run. Athletic. Great kid. There’s no way he gets out of the first round.” Won’t run a 40 before the draft. Arms were 34 1/8, hands were 10 ½. “He’s kind of that tweener pass rusher, those guys that look the part physically but just don’t have the twitch and the traits that make you a really good one,” a third scout said. “I don’t see where he wins consistently. He’s not going to win with his strength or power on the inside or bull rush and he’s not fast enough to consistently win on the outside. In college, they had those two first-round D-tackles that were taking up three interior (blockers) so he was blocked one-on-one a lot on the outside. I like him. He just doesn’t have that twitch.” Youngest of seven children from Richmond, Va. Attended an all-boys Catholic military school. “Solid player,” a fourth scout said. “He’ll squeeze out one or two Pro Bowls.” Blew out an ACL late in his high-school years. “He’s been pushed by Dabo Sweeney for the last two years,” a fifth scout said. “Like he’s the next Reggie White. I didn’t see that. I think his instincts are marginal. I just don’t think he finds the ball very well. He benefits from the other two guys. The kid tries. He’s kind of a bull rusher from outside. I’d take (Chase) Winovich over him.” Wonderlic of 21. 5. BRIAN BURNS, Florida State (6-5, 242, 4.60, 1): Third-year junior from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. “He’s got a basketball body,” said one scout. “Has a legitimate chance to be one of those up-down guys. A rusher on third down and play as an off-the-ball linebacker. He can drop and cover. Ran like a scalded dog.” Played at just 215 pounds in 2015 and in the low 230s last year. Bulked up to 249 for the combine but was down to 242 at pro day not long thereafter. “He’s better coming out as a pass rusher than Leonard Floyd,” said a second scout. “More productive. Got a more natural knack for it. You’re checking the pass-rush box with him. Somebody will probably take a chance. It might be late 1.” Finished with 123 tackles (38 ½) for loss, 23 sacks and seven forced fumbles. Arms were 33 7/8, hands were 10. Resisted some efforts to increase his weight at FSU. “The weight obviously was manufactured for the combine,” said a third scout. “I think he plays in the 235 range. He’s just not that big of a guy. You’re going to get bounced around a lot if he’s 235, 240. He’s very nimble as a pass rusher. He’s got some bend to him. He’s got a nice spin move inside. He can work the edge. He’s a six, seven, eight sack guy.” Wonderlic of 22. “Not very tough or physical,” said a fourth scout. “Weak against the run. He’s got to win with his get-off. After that he doesn’t have moves and isn’t strong. Doesn’t have finish. He’s an athlete, not a football player.” 6. JAYLON FERGUSON, Louisiana Tech (6-4 ½, 271, 4.82, 2): Was scheduled to make visits to 20-plus teams before the draft after his combine invitation was rescinded for off-field incidents. “The makeup will determine it,” said one scout. “There are some makeup concerns. Those things will hinder him.” Spent 30 days in jail as a high-school senior after punching a kid out. Arrested for public intoxication in 2017. Wonderlic of 18. “He had 44 sacks, which is pretty impressive,” said a second scout. “You can’t have 44 sacks without having some skill. He’s fluid. He has a feel for it. If a guy’s overplaying him he comes underneath. A lot of them were when the quarterback was running around and he cleaned up and got him. He will have to work to be more of a complete player. At this point you’d look at him as a designated pass rusher. If you teach him to play the run better you might have a heck of a find.” Finished with an NCAA-record 45 sacks and 187 tackles (67 ½ for loss). “Sacks translate,” said a third scout. “He doesn’t have the twitch to be a true DPR. He will have to be a guy that wins with power. He played LSU and Mississippi State this year and had like three, 3 ½ sacks in those games. He steps up when the competition steps up.” From St. Francisville, La. 7. JACHAI POLITE, Florida (6-2 ½, 256, 4.85, 2-3): One of the most polarizing players in the draft. “Polite is a better player than Burns but he had a terrible off-season,” said one scout. “Good on tape but ran slow. He’s a problem. Not a great character guy.” Posted 11 of his 15 sacks in 2018, his first season as a starter. Then ran poorly, tested terribly and left a sour impression during interviews with some teams at the combine. “He completely bombed the post-season,” a second scout said. “His test numbers are awful. You’re going to get squat out of Polite his rookie year. He’s going to be overwhelmed with the transition to the NFL. But he can get after the passer. He’s boom or bust.” Stood at a podium at the combine and complained that the Packers were too hard on him during an interview. Hard to coach, influences young players and disturbs the locker room. Wonderlic of 17. “He’s got a lot of issues,” said a third scout. “He’s even a reach to take him in the second round. I see more third round with the whole package. But people overpay for rushers. Got a messed-up family and off-field stuff. There’s a lot of (bleep).” Finished with 78 tackles (28 ½ for loss), eight forced fumbles and 15 sacks before declaring a year early. “He’s just out there,” said a fourth scout. “Doesn’t know how to play. I thought he was slow. Bad against the run. Low motor.” From Daytona Beach, Fla. 8. OSHANE XIMINES, Old Dominion (6-3 ½, 255, 4.81, 2-3): Fifth-year senior, four-year starter. “I got a little bit intoxicated with his person,” one scout said. “I think he’s going to will himself to win. He’s going to be a situational pass rusher. Not a good kid. Great kid.” Captain, diligent worker and humble, strong-willed teammate. “He’s a yoked-up guy,” said a second scout. “He’s got some body armor. He has better play strength than weight-room strength even though he looks like he hasn’t missed a day in the weight room. I know he doesn’t have elite long speed but he has short-area quickness, agility and contact balance. At the Senior Bowl he looked great. He’s got a great motor. His sack production looks like it can translate because he has the tools to build a repertoire of moves and make them all work.” Finished with 176 tackles (51 for loss) and 32 ½ sacks. “I’d take him over Polite just because I think Polite’s terrible,” a third scout said. “He’s a raw athlete-pass rusher. I don’t think he has natural football-type instincts.” From Ahoskie, N.C. 9. CHASE WINOVICH, Michigan (6-2 ½, 254, 4.65, 2-3): Prep quarterback from Pittsburgh came to Ann Arbor as an inside linebacker and moved to TE briefly before finding a home at RE opposite Rashan Gary. “He made more plays in one game than Gary did in three games,” said one scout. “What a (bleep) wild horse rider guy he is. He is going to play 10 years in the NFL. I don’t give a (bleep) what anybody says. He must be in the huddle when they call the plays because he gets to the ball. Some 3-4 team might try him as a linebacker but I don’t see that in him. Forget all that height-weight-speed (bleep). Put on the film and see who makes the plays.” Finished with 166 tackles (43 for loss) and 18 ½ sacks. Wacky personality. Dyed his hair, can’t stop talking and constantly asking questions in the football building. “He’s kind of a big-time millennial guy,” said a second scout. “He really started to feel himself in the branding. Some of that stuff bothers me. But then he is a good football player. All the Michigan tape was Chase Winovich making plays.” Ran a swift 40 and posted the best short shuttle (4.11) at the position. “You don’t see any defensive linemen that get under 4.25,” said a third scout. “He plays his butt off. He’s a complete player. He refuses not to be. He’s one of those guys that has the heart of a lion. His intensity is infectious.” Wonderlic of 31. “He’s like a big, dumb puppy,” a fourth scout said. “He wants attention all the time. He could polarize teammates that way. The older guys will roll their eyes at him and the younger guys think he’s the man … he’s not super-gifted but he’s not a stiff, either. At pro day he did outside linebacker drills and looked really good. I think a 3-4 team will pick him higher than a 4-3 team.” Compared by one scout to Rob Ninkovich. 10. JOE JACKSON, Miami (6-4 ½, 277, 4.85, 2-3): Somewhat moody third-year junior from Homestead, Fla. “He’s a strong-side, base, 4-3 D-end,” said one scout. “Not twitchy but has ideal length. He’ll be a two-down base guy. He has to get in the right scheme.” Arms were 34 1/8, hands were 10. “He can’t play inside,” another scout said. “Kind of high cut. Not a great pass rusher. Tries to be an edge rusher but he doesn’t have that kind of ability. Doesn’t have that kind of speed or burst around the corner.” Emotional player that the Miami staff considered hard to handle. Finished with 129 tackles (35 ½ for loss) and 22 ½ sacks. 11. ANTHONY NELSON, Iowa (6-7, 271, 4.83, 3): Fourth-year junior. “He’s more along the Zach Allen line than he is a rusher,” said one scout. “More of a big guy that will drop down inside and play as a subpackage rusher and then as a base end on first and second downs.” Highest Wonderlic score (39) at the position. Arms were 34 7/8, hands were 9 7/8. “He can gain 10, 15 pounds easy,” another scout said. “He can play the outside run and he’s got a little bit of anchor to him. He’s not some scrawny kid that doesn’t have any strength. He’s got some pass rush. He could get in the quarterback’s face.” Finished with 119 tackles (31 for loss) and 23 sacks. “Typical Iowa,” a third scout said. “Tough, play-hard type. Not a lot of moves. Second round would be a little rich for me.” From Urbandale, Iowa. 12. BEN BANOGU, Texas Christian (6-3 ½, 253, l4.61, 3): Started at Louisiana-Monroe in 2015. Sat out 2016 as a transfer and then started two seasons for the Horned Frogs. “He’s got the gifts to be a very good pass-rushing outside linebacker,” said one scout. “He’s got just enough size limitations that if he doesn’t hone in on the fundamentals he will never be able to take advantage of his burst and athletic ability. He has the tools to be a good rusher but we’ve seen that guy come in and not do anything. Where he goes is very important.” Led the edge rushers in vertical jump (40) and broad jump (11-2). “He’s a 3-4 outside backer,” said a second scout. “Yeah, he can run, but he’s not very instinctive. He’s tough enough. Great kid.” Finished with 156 tackles (45 for loss) and 20 sacks. From McKinney, Texas. 13. D’ANDRE WALKER, Georgia (6-2 ½, 253, no 40, 3): Two-year starter. “Just a tough, gritty guy,” said one scout. “Just maximizes what he’s got.” Came from nothing in Fairburn, Ga. Overcame academic obstacles because of his hard work. “Doesn’t have the same body type as the (top) guys but I like him,” said a second scout. “He can rush from a down position as an end more than being a run-down player. He can fit a 3-4 outside backer. He’s athletic enough to stand up. In the mold of Derrick Morgan, who played with the Titans. Not a dynamic sack guy. More of a pressure and hurry guy.” Finished with 112 tackles (27 ½ for loss) and 13 ½ sacks. 14. JUSTIN HOLLINS, Oregon (6-5, 249, 4.46, 3-4): Projected as a late-round pick or free agent at the start of his senior year. Parlayed his most impressive regular season, an outstanding week at the East-West Game and an eye-opening workout at the combine into possible mid-round status. “Better athlete than player,” said one scout. “Not a lot of urgency. He flashes as a rusher. Best on the line of scrimmage. He’s not a glass-eater. It’s Oregon. Who’s tough that comes out of Oregon?” Finished with 184 tackles (36 for loss) and 14 sacks. Wonderlic of 30. From Arlington, Texas. 15. JORDAN BRAILFORD, Oklahoma State (6-2 ½, 249, 4.66, 4): Fourth-year junior from Tulsa, Okla. “He’s just light in the ***,” said one scout. “Struggles at the point in the run game. We didn’t think he was the athlete we’re looking for at linebacker. Plays hard, has some pass rush. Undersized end. As a rusher he has some juice. Active. Got burst.” Played MLB on some passing downs and with his hand down rushing from outside on some others. “Played four different positions,” said a second scout. “He can run, he can hit and he can cover. He’s not exactly what you’re looking for but those guys play. He never looked out of place.” Wonderlic of 27, graduated with a degree in business. Finished with 135 tackles (31 ½ for loss) and 16 sacks. OTHERS: Maxx Crosby, Eastern Michigan; Jalen Jelks, Oregon; Shareef Miller, Penn State; Christian Miller, Alabama; Carl Granderson, Wyoming; Andrew Van Ginkel, Wisconsin; Porter Gustin, Southern California; Austin Bryant, Clemson; Wyatt Ray, Boston College; Sutton Smith, Northern Illinois. THE SKINNY UNSUNG HERO Wyatt Ray, OLB-DE, Boston College:Effective pass rusher with 17 sacks in four seasons, including nine in 2018. Limited by speed (4.87), arm length (32 ½) and hand size (9 3/8). Developmental player with a degree of stiffness in his movements. He’s the grandson of the late Nat King Cole and the nephew of the late Natalie Cole. SCOUTS’ NIGHTMARE Sutton Smith, LB, Northern Illinois: Piled up 14 sacks rushing off the edge in 2017 before coming back with 15 more as a fourth-year junior. Despite the extreme production, teams are considering trying him inside because his size (6-0 ½, 232) and arm length (30 ¾) might make rushing outside against NFL tackles too tall of an order. PACKERS’ PICK TO REMEMBER Keith McKenzie, LB-DE, Ball State:Seventh-round draft choice in 1996. Made the team as a rookie and played four seasons in a backup role, registering 18 ½ sacks. Departed as an unrestricted free agent for Cleveland in February 2000 for $4.225 million over two years. Returned to Green Bay in November 2002 and played four games before being released in January 2003. Played six games for Buffalo in ’03, his final season. Finished with 157 tackles (26 for loss) and 29 ½ sacks. QUOTE TO NOTE NFL personnel man: “Speed to power is the big thing today. What happens is, when you get off the football with acceleration and explosion usually the tackle sliding out on you is out of balance. Even though he may outweigh you by 50 to 60 pounds, if he’s out of balance and you’re coming off with body lean and you strike him with power you can roll him right back into the quarterback.”
  22. probably something throwing that out in the wind to drop his stock, he's more than strong enough and his anchor is more than good enough. If he is there in the second round he is a no brainer pick, but he will likely go bottom of the first round. I will take either Cody Ford or Jonah Williams if they are there, if not I would go with either Greedy Williams, Ed Oliver or trade back and take Lindstrom.
  23. Great mock, brother. If these picks would come close to panning out the Falcons would be in really good shape for the foreseeable future.
  1. Load more activity