All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Good news is that we have options at each spot. I would prefer to get DW and Theo, but will still be excited with DW paired with Henderson. I have no clue what we do with that 2nd rb spot. Seems like we are staying in contact with several backs. If I could pick between Arian Smith and Xzavier Henderson, I would take Smith. If we miss on both, I imagine that spot would go to BPA, but who knows for sure what direction the staff would want to go, especially how our wr's have struggled this year.
  3. Always playing from behind doesnt help.
  4. I remember on draft day that Quinn kept saying they were very heated battles over the past two hours about what to do. In no way do I think he wanted to use his first three rounds of draft capital on offense and personnel considering we just spent a first rounder the previous year on offense. Sheffield, Kaminsky, Miller all seem like Quinn picks...Round 1 felt like Pioli. If you recall, he only was the guy who called McGarry and said he was our selection.
  5. So who would Wolf hire as HC?
  6. I hate the Pats, but I almost hope they win it all for Sanu's sakes now. Good guy, played hard & was never utilized enough. From the outhouse to the penthouse...
  7. One 1st rounder who was drafted to run a zone scheme, the other who's got heart problems, and a center who's played in nothing but zone schemes his entire career. You want Harbaugh, then you want a remade offense, because it ain't set up to do nothing scheme-wise from a personnel perspective, that he's known for.
  8. I am an individual, and I did not elect that moron.
  9. Sounds like Theo Johnson had a great visit to Penn State. Gonna be really interesting to see how things close out with TE, RB and WR.
  10. Losing anyway might as well fire away.
  11. If this is even remotely true, TD has had a lot more influences over our players being picked in the draft than any of his defenders are now arguing.
  12. Agree with everything you said, but we are going to have to do a lot more than that. I think we save a bit more cutting Freeman post June 1. We are going to have to shed at least one or two of our top contracts between Ryan, Julio, Grady, Jones and Trufant. Julio has the most value and he comes off the books in 21 if we trade him this year. 22.2 million cap hit next year, but that is what it is. I would build around Jones and Grady, keep Ryan and trade Julio and Trufant for what ever we can get. Next year those picks won't cost much, the cuts you mention above will pay their salaries and in 21 we will have a lot of open cap room. I don't see anyway else we can be competitive next year. Unless people think we will be better with this roster and it is 100% the coaching.
  13. Nothing ‘smart’ about doing that.
  14. Sanu will make the hated Pats better. He is a great player with lots of talent while remaining a leader and great role model. He is very unselfish, plays his heart out and is not ever a prima donna!
  15. Is it too early for someone somewhere to start paying serious attention to Joe Brady? Currently he is the passing game coordinator/wide receivers coach at LSU. Before that he spent 2 years as an offensive assistant learning under Sean Payton, and has used that to very quickly pull LSU out of the 70s and have turned them into one of the most lethal offenses in the country, and Joe Burrow into a very possible #1 overall pick. He’s touted as the next great offensive mind, and although it’s probably too early to give him a head gig, I would give him a serious look at OC.
  16. I did as well. Now it looks like that was just pure luck...
  17. When Grady was on the Franchise TAG our OL was top 5 in CAP allocation
  18. His contract makes it impossible no matter how you feel about him. The dead cap would be insane. (58million)
  19. I would love to let Quinn off the hook for the ***show that part of it turned out to be, I mean it was so transparently bad, but I can't until I see a credible leak or something at least. Very rarely does a HC not get to set his staff up, and when he does it's usually news. If DQ does by some miracle survive another year then we know why. Someone's up there at the Branch feeling guilty for forcing this staff mess on him.
  20. I keep hearing we have all 1st rounders on the OL, time for these guys to have a fire lit under their *sses & show why
  21. I agree with all this. People are saying we shouldn't trade players because the cap hit next year is bad, so there is no point. This is not true. We are going to take the cap hit to signing bonuses anyway. For example, if we were to trade Julio we will take a 22.2 million dollar cap hit in 2020, but he comes off the books in '21 https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/contract-details/ If we could trade him for say, two first rounders, we would have to eat his cap next year, but we have one relatively cheap 1st rounder (the second would be the following year) and then in '21 we would be in the clear. That is the best scenario in that case. Yes, we are going to have to cut some players next year and probably let some good players go (hooper), but hopefully the FO is considering this now. Next year is going to suck boys and girls, but hopefully we are competitive again in '21.
  1. Load more activity