All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Point is the Saints have been handing out stupid contracts for years and continue to kick the can down the road with Brees. I give Loomis credit, he can sure manipulate the cap like a boss. You all have just been nailing your drafts of late...
  3. Slow to the party but you got there.
  4. I wouldn't doubt it. Takk is a low first round guy, who doesn't fail because of a lack of effort. He fails because his talent level isn't in that elite class. Everyone sees Beasley loafing on Sundays. He might as well be picking plastic daisies off the stadium turf.
  5. IKR! I mean, this is common sense that apparently few understand. We don't get money back next year. It isnt subtracted from jack sheet.
  6. Hard pass. Never. I saw a shoot interview with Arn Anderson and he said that if pro wrestling were real, the heavyweight champion would be Meng (Haku in the WWF) and no one else would even be a challenge. The stories of some of the legit fights he's had in bars are legendary.
  7. Just to clear up this comment ... Since 2017 the Saints are 30-9 (.769 winning %) in regular season games. They have right at $27M in cap space with the Top 51 accounted for in 2020. I accurately described how they flipped their fortunes from the days of cap helll.
  8. Start the game with Mularkey TOP, Mularkey once called a game, we had the ball for almost 40 mins of it! If we get behind by 21, Knapp can call the plays for the rest of the game! Even though, Mularkey does hold the record for Most Falcons Points Score in a Half by the Falcons (35)!
  9. You are sick and twisted...and I dig that about you. Stormy says **** off, though. Jk
  10. I got nothing to back it up other than what I see on the field, but I’m confident Takk hates Vic
  11. Do they have to fix everything. How bout we just worry about using what we’ve got to it’s fullest potential while adding to the mix with the draft. This is where I think alot go wrong with team building spreading yourself to thin and not really fixing what’s wrong. We’ve done this before in 07 when the Falcons could be said were in a bigger mess. Big decisions for me don’t even start with the roster the direction coach and GM are thee key they’ll determine what will be done going forward.
  12. No idea. It's hard to tell when everything is falling down around them. I'd love to see him stick around in some capacity.
  13. Wow anyone listen to Snowden on Rogan? What a quagmire we have in government.
  14. He did with his 2003-2004 squads...but who knows if he will do it vs Mahomes. My gut says when the players are making those calls and doing it properly, it means the defense as a as a whole is playing at a higher level. They have more information than Belichick once the play Clock is down below 15 seconds
  15. But is that scheme or training?
  16. Now that’s beautiful man, just beautiful!!! Getting a little emotional over here.
  17. Saints been doing it for years lol
  18. NO!!! Don't want MM calling our Offense again! I remember too well, thinking this guy's "Full Of Mularkey"!!! If we were to keep DQ and change OCs during the BYE, I'd rather see what Greg Knapp could do --- he's our QB coach now, and would probably have a better idea what would work best for Matty Ice....especially, at this stage of his career.
  19. The best Quinn can do at this point is let Vic rush the passer. No dropping into coverage and maybe he can get lucky. Let him walk next season and hopefully get a comp pick.
  20. Here's an outsider viewpoint regarding the cap situation in Atlanta. The cap space looks rough for the Falcons. Trading away a few players, especially 1-2 of those in the Top 10 cap hits, that can bring draft capital is the Falcons best bet. Ya'll gonna need to land draft picks that contribute early to combat that Top 10 cap problem you've got or it's gonna be a long couple of seasons while you try to fix the financial side of things. I felt the Falcons should have traded Julio when he was pushing for another contract. In my opinion you don't reward for past performances, rather for what you expect looking forward. It seems like Blank was more interested in "Julio for Life" or his HOF status versus making a tough call regarding the best future possible for the team. That was a ton of money to tie up to an already cap-bloated roster. Ridley and Sanu were a formidable tandem at a fraction of the cap cost. Ryan is overpaid based on production, but he also tolls behind a weak Oline. The Falcons invested 2 high picks on the Oline last draft, but school remains out until they have time to show more. Alex Mack is nearing the end of his career and can be replaced with a solid rookie, much like the Saints did with the Unger retirement and the addition of McCoy. That move alone would save the Falcons a massive amount as Mack is on the books in 2020 for $10.5M. Given time in the pocket, Ryan wouldn't throw as many picks, and he isn't the problem in Atlanta. Give him 1 more second on passing downs and he could be a solid QB for 4-5 more years. I liked the Grady Jarrett and Deion Jones signings. I thought the Beasley signing was bad enough to get somebody fired. Your edge players on the Dline are too small. You need to invest in a couple of serious Defensive Ends. Your DB's play would improve if the D Front 7 would get pressure on QB's and the scheme is corrected. The Saints were in cap **** a few years ago. It was corrected by Brees accepting a team-friendly contract (Mickey Loomis) and the outstanding draft picks (Jeff Ireland) by the Front Office. People used to laugh and talk about the Saints kicking the can down the road. A look at the cap situation shows that to be false judgement, while still acknowledging the team will have a dead money hit post Brees. It won't be so significant that future has been mortgaged. The team hit on a boatload of picks the last 3-4 drafts that are contributing at a high level today. 12 of those picks are still on on team friendly rookie deals. Long-term the Saints will surely lose a couple of them, so the key is drafting well in advance of that. Example: Vonn Bell is a stud at Safety, but his rookie deal is up next year. So the team invested 2 picks in this year's draft at Safety. Both made the team and already have playing time under their belts. Should Bell walk, the team has a fall back plan in place. They also focused heavily on UDFA's and have added 2-3 every season to the 53 man roster. This year it's rookie sensation Devonte Harris at Returner. His contract in minuscule. Relying on Free Agency should only be used for an occasional plug-in player, but he better be worth it because you're gonna pay top market price him. The NFL is so competitive you simply can't make many financial mistakes without sinking a team.
  21. He would never...real talk. But I know you’re joking. N where do you see a black eye to n me? Pixelation...nvm, I see it now...lol
  22. I could see him being our next HC if he was picked in house. Or as DC. He will make a great DC, IMO. I don't know why he wasn't named the DC before the year. He reminds me slot of Mike Vrabel, in the way he carries himself and how he instantly receives respect from his players due to his playing career and alpha personality. Instantly commands a room. I wouldn't be against keeping the coaching staff intact, upgrading ulbrich to DC, and cleaning house right this front office, starting with TD. DQ's roster is running into the same problem that Smitty's grams ran into: one of the worst pass rushes in the league, OL talent, and depth overall. We also gave some starters that we grew very complacent with as soon as we're drafted like devondre Campbell, and as much as Rico is a tremendous leader and makes slot of big plays, I think he lacks elite range Agathe FS position, and after pass rush, Sanhedrin the FS spot is about as important when it comes to wake it take stock make this defense succeed. Pass rush is simply thebworst I've ever seen.
  23. I don't know why we are bothering here tbh...
  1. Load more activity