All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Actually they didn't bench Alford for Oliver. Oliver got a little more playing time but Alford still had a majority of the snaps. Oliver got about 20 snaps a game where Alford was still getting over 75% of the snaps. Now if Oliver had been getting 100% of the snaps maybe he plays better this season.
  3. The one intriguing argument for Raheem is that he has worked on both sides of the football. That should not be underestimated as with DQ it became crystal clear that he has no clue whatsoever about offense. He even made that official by essentially removing himself from anything but „his“ defense. Also I kind if like giving a second chance to him because he didn‘t fail in Tampa because of failed X and O but because he just wasn‘t ready to be a HC.
  4. He knew what was gonna happen, and now he's leaking ******** to the press suggesting that it might have been the result of his incompetence rather than a willing betrayal of an ally, while the GOP blames the Democrats for starting impeachment proceedings. They're obfuscating just for the sake of making it more work to know what been obvious, that he intentionally created this situation.
  5. True, but by that point, it might not even matter if he had a copy of their game plan.
  6. Reading the press clippings?
  7. Yeah. I mean at this point Mortenson is saying the exact thing most of us are thinking. Gotta hear it out of Blanks mouth
  8. he knows the Seahawks better than an interim coach does.
  9. I mean guys what did you expect him to say? He's not canning him now. Makes no sense before the bye week. If they look absolutely inept the next two weeks, he's obviously gone. But right now he's coaching for his job. The next two weeks are auditioning to coach beyond the bye week. After that, it's coaching through the year. End up with a winning season and he'll be back because that will be VERY impressive.
  10. yeah, I thought about that as well - remembering what @Carter said. That is some messed up sheot if players cannot get their F-ing heads in a game. You only have like 13 games per year - I would think there should be no trouble getting up for all of them.
  11. You’re spot on w Franklin. His value as a recruiter greatly outweighs some of the dumb **** I have seen him try as a coach. Just wish we could line the QB up under center once and a while. hopefully he has now seen enough of Noah Cain to stop messing around with this 4 back rotation and feed him the ball. He runs with purpose...definitely gonna play on Sundays. love the front 7 talent, still not in love with the DB group though.
  12. Lol. His last game as a head coach of the Falcons will most likely be getting torched by Pete Carroll and the Seahawks ironically. After the game Dan will probably ask Pete for a job back with the Seahawks.
  13. If we get curb-stomped by the Rams I just don't see how Quinn will make it to the Seahawks.
  14. There’s always that one game we just don’t play well in for whatever reason it is. This year maybe just so happened to be a 2-3 South Carolina team. I hope anyway. Hope we don’t see that kind of piss poor game again. We’re obviously not as bad as we looked Saturday. Perhaps more importantly to note though is we’re maybe just not as good as we thought. Tough pill to swallow.
  15. Deshaun Watson also came back to Earth after his historic performance against the Falcons by throwing 1 TD and 2 Int against the Chiefs.
  16. name me a team that kept the interim the next year and succeeded long term. Its never a good idea.
  17. Especially when passive is destroying you...
  18. The most important reason to fire DQ during the season is to have our players - most of whom will be around in 2020 for various reasons - can show that the fault was not in them but the scheme. We need to give the new HC video material to evaluate players. Having only material on 16 games of DQ failed scheme has only limited value.
  19. Now that's one load of crap. "Giving up territory" is not exactly the same thing as intentionally losing. War of Art talks alot about keys to winning wars which begins and ends in how you treat your troops. To ask them to lie down and lose would be one of the most demoralizing things any general could do to his troops.
  20. I highly doubt it happens. I fully believe he could pull it off though. UGA is a desirable job for any potential OC. With the talent they have and the high profile you could easily turn that into a HC job.
  21. The only way we lose on purpose is asking young guys with secure deals to just play bad or coach them wrong on purpose. You think that happens? the ONLY question you have to ask is would the Falcons let Ryan and Julio sit the last 3 games with coordinators supposedly fighting for their jobs...and expect the NFL not to say anything about deliberately not playing their stars that other teams pay to see intentionally trying not to win? Miami made moves before this season started with future in mind. Same as Raiders last year. Those moves don't happen in the last month of the season. Mack and Tunsil were moved before week 1. Get it? There is no excuse for Falcons to alibi themselves and it's just wishful thinking to expect them to try to lose. Get it? I WANT BETTER PICKS TOO BUT THE REAL WORLD ITS VERY SPECIFIC HOW YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT IN THE NFL. Meanwhile, a Top 5 pick wouldn't change our terrible coverages. DQ just said reviewing today that Murray was able to throw the ball in under 2 seconds on 19 or 20 attempts...yeah. Coverage still sucks so... Also, we aren't even considering injuries! Change the player and lets say he is still hurt this year. Guess what? Draft picks in year 1 aren't drafted to immediately turn around the entire team. You have to have something in place; hence the stop-gap signings. I actually see a lot in the OL moving forward. DL was gonna be a project either way. Better if we cut Vic and signed a vet or two for that $13M truth be told...
  1. Load more activity