All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Seems like 10 years ago.
  3. Agreed....but even the LB’s have been bad this year. Dre & Foye have been a disappointment
  4. How in the h*** can an NFL team go 4 or 5 games without a sack?? You should be able to get a sack despite how bad a scheme is or anything else. Stats like this make you realize that this defense is completely void of talent. Even Debo doesn't seem as explosive as in the past. Grady is hustling but he's got no help. I think everyone outside of Grady is overrated. The players we thought were good are just not. Rico, Kazee, Neal(injured or not), Campbell, etc. We all know that Vic and Takk suck.
  5. Also look at coaches with strong ST’s pedigree. Guys like Belichick, Lynn, Meyer, Harbaugh, Marrone etc all say it’s the kind of coaching that most resembles being a HC as Nd provides the best training. Given an opportunity to talk with Belichick, Spagnuolo asked Belichick what in his coaching career had been most beneficial to him. “Without hesitating, he said, ‘I coached special team for three years,’ ” Spagnuolo said. Monday night, dressed in a suit for opening night of Super Bowl week, Belichick was asked about the influence his tenure as a special teams coach had on his career. Typically tight-lipped, Belichick spoke for 1 minute 47 seconds. “Being a special teams coach is the best training I ever had to being a head coach,” Belichick said. “Certainly, being a coordinator is a great experience. Being a special teams coach, you work with every player on the team, with the exception of the quarterbacks. “Those relationships, and understanding how to deal with different positions, different types of players, all the players at different levels — young players, developmental players, core players, players whose primary role was the kicking game, players whose secondary role was the kicking game. You put all that together, that was a tremendous experience.”
  6. It may be time for a new voice....maybe. None of us really know. I personally wantes to give Smitty one more year but I reconized that it was probably time for a new voice. But as we have learned first hand....a new voice is not always the right voice. At this point nothing really would suprise me.
  7. Apparently, you can only June 1st two players per year and that most certain would be Free and Carpenter (if you gonna cut him he can’t be a pre-June 1st as it’s not helping cap)... Tru can be an outright cut so we gain almost a flat $5M and eat most of the dead money in 2020; helping more in seasons like 2021 and 2022. Free could be a straight cut but the $3.5M yield isn’t as appealing, IMO. We could use the help once top-51 rule no longer applies and you need the entire roster to fit under cap after preseason. That would yield $6.5M and defer $3M dead to 2021.
  8. I echo @vel. I'm not sure he's ready to be a HC. And I know the trend right now is the hot young offensive guy, but Kubiak, you'd have to imagine is having a large hand in what Minny is getting out of that offense -- specifically the running game now. I like Stefanski, but he's young, and he hasn't even been a play caller for a full season yet. I don't want to wander into another Freddie Kitchens deal. I think he's legit, but it might be a little early.
  9. We out here making history!!! Feels good man!
  10. Nick Foles. Famous running NFL QB man.
  11. How would you feel if they hired Stefanski?
  12. Yeah I'd like to see Ulbrich as interim DC
  13. And, he is on pace for over 105 catches, well over 1,200 yards and 9 TDs...so, he meets @g-dawg‘s criteria. So, we’re keeping him without anyone PAYING HIS VALUE. While we re-allocate resources. Pretty simple. If highest bidder throws a high 2nd or even a 1st? Alright, we can talk. Tru/Free/Mack/Stocker are all easier to make cap space with regarding their contract than refusing to pay Austin for his prime seasons. A 5 year deal takes him through age 29. Heck, I’d consider letting Neal walk off his option or cutting Rico for a FS this draft to create space for the return we are getting there with them as starters. Defense needs an overhaul but it WONT be 100% this offseason just like the OL got all the attention and still needs time. The goal should be getting D on track, becoming a dominant D finally by the time Ryan hits 36+. Draft is the primary way we have to build moving forward regardless. Hooper ain’t worth losing just to create another need. Get me a 2nd or higher to justify the drop at TE we would have by keeping Stocker and Graham as the 1/2...
  14. RPO isn't a running QB thing.
  15. Meow?
  16. Yeah. Tanking would be an actual change of strategy and might be an improvement.
  17. Maybe Wilson will trip and fall behind the line of scrimmage.
  18. That's what I was thinking too. Need an offensive minded HC.
  19. I don't even know man and I feel like if I actually think about it it will be a colossal waste of time because the Falcons will do the exact opposite and make some obscure hire I just want competence. Coach and coordinators that can utilize our talent instead of wasting years of their careers while they flounder around trying to figure it all out.
  20. Well, you finally said something we can agree on --- Smart IS a d**n good coach!
  21. Harbaugh bolting out of Michigan!
  22. This right here is all people should be focused on. Head coach is bigger than how someone is going to manage one side of the ball. And you never know where that right fit is gonna come from. The right guy could be a grizzled offensive line coach who's never called plays in his life, or it could be a bright young special teams coordinator like John Harbaugh. Could I interest anyone in John Harbaugh right about now?
  23. Ppr league that’s 35 pts amongst them 2
  24. I would think Les could get a bigger check if UM would offer. Not sure he’d be their top pick but think he’d do better than khaki pants
  25. We're still trying to chase that WCO thing, so anyone who runs anything remotely similar is gonna be thrown in the mix. Like you said, though, people think they want a head coach, but they keep describing what they want in an offensive coordinator. Bill Belichick has had how many of his assistants get head coaching gigs? None of them have come close to replicated his success. Bill Belichick is a totally singular entity unlike anything this game has ever seen.
  26. Our DEs are in coverage all the **** time. It's Quinns fault
  1. Load more activity