FentayeJones

Rookies went through SEAL training also

38 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah the coaches did it too... here's DQ and Sark - 

tempAPG_JC_051017_0711--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

When I was in nutcase Marine Corps boot camp, watching the drill instructors show us how it was done was the manliest sh1t I had ever seen in my life. Seeing those guys huff and puff and tough it out without one sign of weakness blew my face off. Talked it and walked it. Too many don't lead by example. I can only respect someone who leads by example. I love Quinn. 

3 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

When I was in nutcase Marine Corps boot camp, watching the drill instructors show us how it was done was the manliest sh1t I had ever seen in my life. Seeing those guys huff and puff and tough it out without one sign of weakness blew my face off. Talked it and walked it. Too many don't lead by example. I can only respect someone who leads by example. I love Quinn. 

Not nearly as hardcore as training Seals or Marines but I always try to lead by example when training my guys at UPS. My supervisors would just tell me what to do and check in every now and then but I like to be there with them. That and I just kinda miss stacking, physical labor makes you feel accomplished.

25 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

oooooooooorah, yut

52 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Sark looking like "This wasn't one of requirements they had when I filled out my application"

Haha haha that's funny right there. I don't care who ya are. Lol

gazoo, ratesforless and Tandy like this

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

Coach Quinn is special man

To be honest, he's kinda rubbed off on me in my personal life too, and I've never even met him in person. I mean, I've always known about competing, working hard, and looking out for your fellow man, but seeing the way the team grew over the last two seasons helped inspire me to kick things up a notch in my life.

For that matter, even though the end result in the Super Bowl wasn't what I wanted, it still served as a teachable moment. I told myself after that point never to take things in life for granted. It's pretty much an affirmation of what my dad used to tell me--"don't assume."

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Sark looking like "This wasn't one of requirements they had when I filled out my application"

LOL. Thought the same exact thing. 

Man, it looks like this Brotherhood thing has taken root deeper than I thought. Even the rooks are eating and breathing the message. Saw Duke talking about the same stuff. Can't wait for this season to start. 

tempAPG_KD_051417_0034--nfl_mezz_1280_10

Edited by ParanoidAndroid
Kung-Pow, Jerz, youngbloodz and 1 other like this

There is one phrase I keep hearing over and over again from even our brand new rookies " My brother's ".  These guys are brainwashed and I don't mean that in a bad way into this "brotherhood".  Also, every one of the player's either drafted or brought in are dog competitors ain't none of them out there simply for a check.    That C/T grade if it hasn't already been implemented across the league, it will be soon for sure.  No one is going to want to play Atlanta in the upcoming years.  Yes I said years.  Quinn is planting the seeds of his culture and we're just barely seeing the sprouts and those sprouts led us to the freaking Superbowl in his second year which we should have won handily. 

We've done something similar in my rugby playing days we did ours with our own NZ SAS.I swear the worst exercise they had us do is drop us in the middle ground of this jungle of gorse and just said walk and keep walking till we say stop.I spoke to them about this later and asked how come there was no objective or finish line they just said we wanted to push you mentally.

Im telling you walking through gorse bush for like an hour I'm like wtf and then thank god a fog horn was blown and we were pulled out of it.

Absolutely flogged cut to ****e and then it was onto the next exercise.For me it just smelt of training the mind and pushing yourself mentally aswell as physically the whole day they were just on you.

They said the day we did was about half as tough as what a person who tried out for the SAS would go through.I was like yeah I just got through the day,probably the toughest thing I've done in my life.

dirtyhairy likes this

4 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Rico is trying to earn everything he can 

I'd say he seems more like a Dan Quinn guy than anyone. He might not be the most naturally talented safety out there, but I'd never bet against him.

Tandy, Kung-Pow, Jerz and 4 others like this

8 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

LOL. Thought the same exact thing. 

Man, it looks like this Brotherhood thing has taken root deeper than I thought. Even the rooks are eating and breathing the message. Saw Duke talking about the same stuff. Can't wait for this season to start. 

tempAPG_KD_051417_0034--nfl_mezz_1280_10

Love it 

11 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Man, I had the same experience in OCS when I was attempting to commission in 2013. Those Staff Sargent's and Gunny's were unreal in PT.