Draftnut57

Can you believe that Lance Zierlien Ranked our Draft 25th best draft?

43 posts in this topic

• By Lance Zierlein---------------------------------------This man has somewhat against the Falcons, evidently he has something against us, I think many people are jealous because they have the best young team in the NFL because we had another Great off season Just like last year and they know we will be dominating the league again as long as Ryan stays healthy ...  Draftnut 57. It looks like people will not pay attention to such non sense ,, Every body in the Football world know we are the youngest , and have the best chance in the NFL to win it all,, Now put that down that is Draftnut57s ranking for this year..
  •  
  • NFL Media draft analyst
  • Published: May 3, 2017 at 05:00 p.m.
  • Updated: May 3, 2017 at 06:03 p.m.
  • 0 Likes  |  0 Comments

Let's take a look at the draft hauls of the 32 teams in the league. In putting this list together, I looked at how teams addressed their needs, operated within the confines of their draft picks and sprinkled in my own assessments of some of their selections. My rankings continue with teams 25-28.

Note: Click through the tabs above to where each team is ranked.

falcons_logo.jpg

25. Atlanta Falcons

Draft picks: Takkarist McKinley (No. 26 overall), Duke Riley (No. 75 overall), Sean Harlow (No. 136 overall), Damontae Kazee (No. 149 overall), Brian Hill (No. 156 overall), Eric Saubert (No. 174 overall)

Atlanta found help for Vic Beasley in the form of Takkarist McKinley. While McKinley might miss the beginning of the season as he rehabs from shoulder surgery, he is a talented rusher with a big upside. Duke Riley adds another LB who can run, but it will be interesting to see if he is stout enough in the NFL. The addition of OG Sean Harlow in the fourth felt way too early. CB Damontae Kazee might not have great speed, but he believes every pass is his when it is in the air.

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Didn't even mention Hill or Saubert, and only mentioned the negatives with Tak and Duke. I'm sure he thought our last draft sucked too so we'll see where we are in six months or so. 

Exactly! For us the have only 6 picks to start with and them all being the 31st pick in those rounds, and to wind up with all those amazing players we got,, which were all our greatest needs.. Evidently he hates our team to make up such a lie... :rant:

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Exactly! For us the have only 6 picks to start with and them all being the 31st pick in those rounds, and to wind up with all those amazing players we got,, which were all our greatest needs.. Evidently he hates our team to make up such a lie... :rant:

Like SNL's Sean Connery told Alex Trebeck. Not family rated. If you've seen the skits , you know the line. TATF wishes you hugs and kisses, Lance. 

I could see him thinking Lamp, and Rivers gives us better value than Takk alone. **** Rivers was graded higher than Takk. I can't disagree with that now, as moving up to take a player at a position of need and trading away a pick that could yield a starter at the biggest area of need(OG), is usually  a bad idea when you pick a DE graded lower than Rivers that was selected i the 3rd. Rivers may be better than Takk. We really needed that 6th and 7th this year. We could have grabbed Gonzales(pk) in the 6th I think. Bryant could hit the wall at any point. We need to draft his replacement, and yes a 6th for the best kicker coming out is a good deal.

Zerlein's draft profiles are **** sometimes. His report on Saubert is just wrong.  The move up for Takk, when we could have gotten Lamp/Budda Baker in the first, moved down in the second a few spots and get Derick Riversin the third. HE had Rivers rated higher than Takk so obviously to him Lamp or Baker+Rivers+extra picks doesn't equal Takk/Riley/+ picks. He may be right(to some degree) but we addressed our needs with quality players, that weren't constantly hurt in college. I wish we could have gotten Takk without moving up, but we did not want to get a top 3-4 end like Taco. Buit Dallas could have been eyeing him, and Steelers eyeing Watt the entire time, and could have gotten Takk either way but why risk not getting the player you know you need to complete you DLINE. Takk, Poe,Grady,Beasley? Takk averaged between a pressure every 4-5 rushes. That is all we need him to do.

gazoo likes this

3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Zerlein's draft profiles are **** sometimes. His report on Saubert is just wrong.  The move up for Takk, when we could have gotten Lamp/Budda Baker in the first, moved down in the second a few spots and get Derick Riversin the third. HE had Rivers rated higher than Takk so obviously to him Lamp or Baker+Rivers+extra picks doesn't equal Takk/Riley/+ picks. He may be right(to some degree) but we addressed our needs with quality players, that weren't constantly hurt in college. I wish we could have gotten Takk without moving up, but we did not want to get a top 3-4 end like Taco. Buit Dallas could have been eyeing him, and Steelers eyeing Watt the entire time, and could have gotten Takk either way but why risk not getting the player you know you need to complete you DLINE. Takk, Poe,Grady,Beasley? Takk averaged between a pressure every 4-5 rushes. That is all we need him to do.

I love our draft picks we got, My favorite was Hill, We've been needing a RB of his size , strength , and wiggle for a back of that size and with speed.

In 2016:

24. Atlanta Falcons

Draft picks: Keanu Neal (No. 17 overall), Deion Jones (No. 52 overall), Austin Hooper No. 81 overall), De'Vondre Campbell (No. 115), Wes Schweitzer (No. 195), Devin Fuller (No. 238)

The Falcons added quality football players in the first three rounds, but seemed to reach a little bit beyond that. Still, it looks like they added core talent and speed at linebacker with Deion Jones.

AndySG, g-dawg, Falcon918 and 8 others like this

16 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

It hasalready been reported Dallas wanted Tak

Good thing he's awesome at being wrong. 

Also, it's dumb as **** to be ranking draft classes when we're still 4 months away from ANY draft pick seeing real NFL action. I really don't know why these guys rank this stuff this early. 

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry I read that wrong.. either way.. horrible analysis.

Edited by tywreezy33

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I could see him thinking Lamp, and Rivers gives us better value than Takk alone. **** Rivers was graded higher than Takk. I can't disagree with that now, as moving up to take a player at a position of need and trading away a pick that could yield a starter at the biggest area of need(OG), is usually  a bad idea when you pick a DE graded lower than Rivers that was selected i the 3rd. Rivers may be better than Takk. We really needed that 6th and 7th this year. We could have grabbed Gonzales(pk) in the 6th I think. Bryant could hit the wall at any point. We need to draft his replacement, and yes a 6th for the best kicker coming out is a good deal.

Rivers higher than Takk? By who? You? Because that's about it. Rivers was taken in the third round. Clearly no one else thought that

We could have grabbed Gonzales(pk) in the 6th I think. Bryant could hit the wall at any point. We need to draft his replacement, and yes a 6th for the best kicker coming out is a good deal.

No one wastes a roster spot on an extra kicker for the future, for good reason.  If you're going to draft one, draft them when you actually have an opening, or better yet, don't draft one at all.

Kung-Pow likes this

If ur going to ***** about the draft, at least know when we draft! We never had a 6th round pick. You lose all credibility when you don't even know the basics of what your bitching about

I rarely read anything about any of our picks pre draft on this board other than Hill.

I think many astute posters here  not hearing what TD and Quinn had to say in analysis, and seeing their favs go later .....would have had a similar grade. This is a promising draft for us, but not necessarily for every team.

To be honest, we only had 6 picks, the only team I can think of who had fewer were the Pats. We then overpayed slightly to trade up for a player, some (albeit wrongly) think may have fallen to 31. I can understand why some will be dubious.

The reality is DQ has a vision on defense, second to none (IMO) in the league. The players he targets fit specific roles within his sub packages, so in all likelihood this draft class will be looked at very differently at the end of this season. 

AndySG, Kung-Pow and Cole World like this

This persecution complex is par for the course for every Nfl team's messageboard I have ever visited.

Every team's fanbase thinks the league and the media have it out for them.

Why is that?

My take is this is the time of year where people reconcile their mocks (guesses).  No one should be concerned about analysts who probably don't know much about this team saying we had the xxth best draft based on some projection of kids who have not played a down of NFL football.  Our past couple of drafts have taught me (as a devout fan who watches every down of Falcon football) that DQ and company know the team they are building and can get more out of guys than any armchair analysis can..

Kung-Pow likes this

The only thing I had against Takk was his injury. I hate drafting injured players, but hes good. Real good. Riley is like having Jones all over again. The two feed each other emotionally. That's good. Riley, like Jones, can sub any LB position. 

We had a great draft. I don't read crap like that.