BCurt57

I'm a little concerned

54 posts in this topic

with this years draft. DQ was swamped with the playoffs and by the time the SB was over college football had ended. This year we consistently took guys who were assumed to be going lower. I'be heard him twice say "Thomas and other guys talked to him (met him)." We have a problem at guard, the TE won't get on the field. I'm still one of those who thinks is a bad talent evaluator. We'll see, but we ignored OL and have no depth there at all.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, BCurt57 said:

with this years draft. DQ was swamped with the playoffs and by the time the SB was over college football had ended. This year we consistently took guys who were assumed to be going lower. I'be heard him twice say "Thomas and other guys talked to him (met him)." We have a problem at guard, the TE won't get on the field. I'm still one of those who thinks is a bad talent evaluator. We'll see, but we ignored OL and have no depth there at all.

What?

No really? Since Quinn got here TD/Pioli/the janitor/whomever you want to give credit for the drafts/etc has been on fire. Even if just looking at he first round TD has been good all along. (Remember first round stil has around a 50% bust chance)

Matty Ice - Homerun.
Sam "thesackmaker" Baker - sucked (Altough part of it might have been due to injury)
Perria Jerry - Injury bust imo. Guy looked explosive on college tape; after the injury he was just a JAG. Still better then some first round picks
Sean Weatherspoon - See above. Except he did have one elite season.
Julio Jones - Homerun.
Desmond Trufant - Homerun.
Jake Matthews - B+. Solid if not spectacular.
Vic Beasley - Homerun.
Keanu Neal - Homerun.
Takk - ???

2 busts out of 9. That is well above the NFL average.

Edited by EuroFalcon
jas82487 likes this

29 minutes ago, BCurt57 said:

Wait, what did I just read? Please go back to bed and wake up tomorrow and try it again, cause mate, you're drunk.

atlbaby likes this

College players get scouted YEARS before they're ever drafted. Us going to the SB wouldn't have set us back in that regard. None of our coaches rae the ones scouting people either.

20 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Translation: Quinn didn't pick the players I wanted so as armchair GM of the TATF I deem him a terrible evaluator.

Truth haha

Just a fail of post and it was posted twice.

Starts off with by the time the SB ended college Football has ended. By week 17 of the NFL regular season every meaningful college football game has been played except 1 generally.

Do you think coaches (Quinn) spend their Saturdays watching college football scouting players from a TV broadcast?

59 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Translation: Quinn didn't pick the players I wanted so as armchair GM of the TATF I deem him a terrible evaluator.

This!!!!^^^^

Herr Doktor likes this

10 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Just a fail of post and it was posted twice.

Are you SERIOUS!!!??? It was so of a fail he had to do it twice???? Lmao 

Herr Doktor likes this

47 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wait, what did I just read? Please go back to bed and wake up tomorrow and try it again, cause mate, you're drunk.

Was gonna say go back under that rock he has been under for the past two seasons... But... yours is good too! lol

Herr Doktor and Falconsfan567 like this

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

little early to be drunk posting, no?

Seems like he is using a combination of ESPN and Heath Evans as his sources after waking up from a 2 year coma to me!

SMH. 

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17