RandomFan

Freeman contract rumors -- ESPN

170 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

that's bad, especially for a frickin BACKUP! Dude fell in the shower and concussed himself, like wtf lol The hypocrisy is REAL. Let that be Willy Mo and he's being crucified, even though he played WAYYYYYY more snaps. Let Tevin take the full load and he's probably going to miss half the season smh

He surprising it's never the upper area that he's injured like Freeman is , soo he could last a season 

29 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

you're basically saying that when you state what is too much or too little for Freeman to get paid. U Sound just as crazy as the people that cry on draft day every year because they found out they were way off for months lol

I just have a PERSONAL OPINION that Free isn't an every down back and doesn't deserve 8+ mil. He can't carry the load by himself.

robertap and caponine like this

12 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Freeman deserves a big contract. I hope it doesn't hurt the team in the cap but he's more than earned whatever he gets. 

It won't.  Levitre and reed are combined @12mil, cap is rising and we structure deals very well.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not to mention the rate that the salary cap is going up each year. People need to forget the **** salary cap even exists.

Bingo!

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

our FO really needs to make sure they've got their priorities in order. You can't pay Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, Ryan Schraeder, Alex Mack, Jake Matthews, Dontari Poe, Grady Jarrett, Vic Beasley, Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Jalen Collins, Keanu Neal, AND Deion Jones. You just can't do it. Figure out who's the most difficult to replace and sign those guys, let the rest walk.

Yep, another reason we need to win our Superbowl(s) now...sooner than later we are going to have to let some of our talent go. As long as we keep drafting this way it should be a little easier to do though.

Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Freeman is a special talent.  He is not as easily replaceable as some might think.  There are only a handful of backs in the NFL with his receiving ability and the dude is just a warrior and all around good guy.   If we let Free walk, we would miss his production but even moreso, the team would lose part of its CT DNA that Quinn says is so important.

I would let Teco walk before Free

Nah bruh, Free is a glue guy and a must re-sign.

TOTALY AGREED! TD and DQ is not going to let a player that talented and a key member of the Brotherhood walk. Guys like Free don't come around very often. Great RB and a **** of a receiving nightmare for LBs. You don't let special players like him walk. So, give it up guys. TD will sign him. 

Just curious, how much do you guys think Teco will want when it's his time? How much is rotational RB worth? Is it crazy to believe we can retain both? 

Edited by TexasFalcon4Life
Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, droopy1592 said:

Watch the film when Teco and Freeman are on the LOS as a receiver. Freeman has gotten bodied up by fast LBs and smothered by DBs. Teco smokes whoever is across from him.  Teco runs routes better than any RB in the league and has good hands (Freeman has hands too) It's part of our offense (pass catching backs ) more so than other offenses and Teco is an indispensable back against teams with great DBs and pass rushes. If Teco didn't go off in Denver would we have had the same success? Could Freeman replicate that performance? They sort of had Julios number and Teco was the X-factor in that game. Teco ate Denver and Seattle(playoffs) for lunch. Could Freeman do the same?

What? 

12 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He can kick rocks if he wants 8 mil a year.

Yeah RBBC members don't get 8 mil. Hill is starting to look like an insurance pick for 2018, as much as a 3rd down back this year

6 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah RBBC members don't get 8 mil. Hill is starting to look like an insurance pick for 2018, as much as a 3rd down back this year

LOL!!!!! He looks like a rookie to me. And unproven rookie at that.

youngbloodz and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I personally think that if Hill has a good season we would be better off keeping Hill and Coleman than breaking the bank and having Hill and Freeman and letting Coleman walk. Coleman and Hill would be a better talented backfield with two different types of backs than Hill and Freeman together. Coleman is a long threat and has caught deep passes on LBs and DBs while Freeman has only done that when left wide open. I haven't seen Freeman make a safety or CB look bad like Coleman. I just have that feeling that the talks with Freeman aren't going to go well. His agent seems like they are going for big money. I know people disagree but the sum of Hill and Coleman will be greater than the sum of Freeman and Hill, imho

You talking crazy. Free regular shakes DBs. I mean i dont even know what ypu mean by saying that. You believe Coleman is better. That's understandable even though i disagree. But Coleman has never made a DB look as bad as Free. That's asinine to even suggest that 

2 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Watch the film when Teco and Freeman are on the LOS as a receiver. Freeman has gotten bodied up by fast LBs and smothered by DBs. Teco smokes whoever is across from him.  Teco runs routes better than any RB in the league and has good hands (Freeman has hands too) It's part of our offense (pass catching backs ) more so than other offenses and Teco is an indispensable back against teams with great DBs and pass rushes. If Teco didn't go off in Denver would we have had the same success? Could Freeman replicate that performance? They sort of had Julios number and Teco was the X-factor in that game. Teco ate Denver and Seattle(playoffs) for lunch. Could Freeman do the same?

You again talking crazy. Leveon Bell is the best route runner as far as RBs. And it isnt close

45 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I will bet you anything you want Hill wont be a 3rd down back unless Free or teco is hurt. He isnt taking their touches

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

dayum straight.

I remember him ( after the fumble )  he was mad,  teammates were trying to console him  and he wasnt having any of it . that TD was the next time he touched the ball.  He'd have ran over the entire team , had it gotten in his way.

Flying Falcon likes this

23 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

I remember him ( after the fumble )  he was mad,  teammates were trying to console him  and he wasnt having any of it . that TD was the next time he touched the ball.  He'd have ran over the entire team , had it gotten in his way.

yeah I saw that too.   You would think everyone would act the same but not really.   Some would, but not all - he was on a mission - as he often is.

Freeman's goals line up with Dan Quinn's goals and the Falcons' goals.  I want him on this team for at least 4 more years - our SB window fits his window of continued peak performance(if he stays healthy).   

I like Free's attitude of gratitude as well - one time he was thanking Matt Ryan on the sideline "thank you for believing in me dog.....thank you". :)

Slappywhite, RandomFan and Vandy like this

4 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I personally think that if Hill has a good season we would be better off keeping Hill and Coleman than breaking the bank and having Hill and Freeman and letting Coleman walk. Coleman and Hill would be a better talented backfield with two different types of backs than Hill and Freeman together. Coleman is a long threat and has caught deep passes on LBs and DBs while Freeman has only done that when left wide open. I haven't seen Freeman make a safety or CB look bad like Coleman. I just have that feeling that the talks with Freeman aren't going to go well. His agent seems like they are going for big money. I know people disagree but the sum of Hill and Coleman will be greater than the sum of Freeman and Hill, imho

Droopy bro how is 8 mill per structured correctly breaking the bank for one of the better producing RBs in the league?

Coleman to me is a one trick hitter at the moment if he doesn't get that crease he won't make yards it's that simple.He hasn't developed that patience as yet that Freeman has to let his blocks set up in front of him.

The other advantage Freeman has is his make something out of nothing ability once Coleman commits its over with him.Freeman can find holes is more slippery and has deadly footwork that can spring something out of nothing.

Deep speed is Coleman's only advantage over Free.

I love both backs because of the complimentary nature they bring to our offense but I think a speed back like Coleman is easier to find than a guy like Free.

RandomFan likes this

4 hours ago, Kayoh said:

and the expected salaries of said players will have increased by 2-5 mil a year each.

It won't matter sign them long term structure them friendly so everyone we want to sign can fit.Front load where we can and we keep rolling.

This salary cap stuff is a used tired excuse.

I remember when Ryan got his back when and even then we've had upwards of 30 mill every FA period since to go to market.

Who cares if player salaries rise contract structure is all that counts nothing else.

The secret to me is getting the guaranteed monies off the books as quickly as posssible so we don't carry the big dead money hits if a player doesn't perform and the timing of deals to match it up where another players monies come off the books the Alford and Trufant deals are a great example of this.

2 hours ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

TOTALY AGREED! TD and DQ is not going to let a player that talented and a key member of the Brotherhood walk. Guys like Free don't come around very often. Great RB and a **** of a receiving nightmare for LBs. You don't let special players like him walk. So, give it up guys. TD will sign him. 

Just curious, how much do you guys think Teco will want when it's his time? How much is rotational RB worth? Is it crazy to believe we can retain both? 

We will not pay Freeman 8 mil a year. We just drafted Hill, and have to sign TECO next year. Bell is a feature back, and as such shuld be paid more. Freeman can;t expect the same pay for less play. I mean If bell has 300+carries and makes 8 a yr, and Free gets 200 carries, why would they be paid equally? Freeman is good, but he isn't THAT good. If he ran a 4.45-4.5 maybe. Hill is a lighter version of Turner, and runs with power and speed, but with good/great vision. Hill has the abilities to be a feature back in a Power scheme in the future, especially if he has receiving skills that Wyoming couldn't, or wouldn't, use. Freeman, despite his size, is good enough avoiding the big hits to play the feature back role, ala Warrick Dunn style imo. Also, I watched theh whole of Dunn's career, and Freeman is an all aroud better rb. Better acceleration, better stop/start, maybe the best vision of any rb in the NFL. If we can pay Free 8 mil, and also be sure we can ink Beasley and Mathews then we should do it, and take the FA period off next year from top tier signings. Is Freeman worth 8 mil a year? Yes, because he is a top 5 rb in this league whether it's by committee or not. He took 60%+ of snaps, and has scored 27 times in two years. Freeman deserves around 4/year with a load of incentive based pay, which REALLY seems like it would pique his competitive interest. If those bonuses add up to 8/ yr then he deserves 8/year. It's just a reality that you can't pay at or slightly above market value. Freeman wouldbe wise to take 5/yr starting this year, rather than making 1.9 this year and  going to auction, with a very real possibility of a significant injury impeding him from top dollar. I have to think if there is ONE player in this league that would take less$ to win it would be Free.

caponine likes this

25 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Droopy bro how is 8 mill per structured correctly breaking the bank for one of the better producing RBs in the league?

Coleman to me is a one trick hitter at the moment if he doesn't get that crease he won't make yards it's that simple.He hasn't developed that patience as yet that Freeman has to let his blocks set up in front of him.

The other advantage Freeman has is his make something out of nothing ability once Coleman commits its over with him.Freeman can find holes is more slippery and has deadly footwork that can spring something out of nothing.

Deep speed is Coleman's only advantage over Free.

I love both backs because of the complimentary nature they bring to our offense but I think a speed back like Coleman is easier to find than a guy like Free.

Your fooling yourself if you think Coleman is a one trick pony , 

People are forgetting Colemans ypc didn't dip last year when Freeman's did. Freeman has to be RBBC. He couldn't handle a full load last year and shouldn't be paid like a 3 down back. I'm overstating this quite a bit but I do think he shouldn't be paid more than 7.5-8 a year. 

caponine and Jerz like this

14 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

People are forgetting Colemans ypc didn't dip last year when Freeman's did. Freeman has to be RBBC. He couldn't handle a full load last year and shouldn't be paid like a 3 down back. I'm overstating this quite a bit but I do think he shouldn't be paid more than 7.5-8 a year. 

What RB these days isn't a RBBC?

Before you say Bell or Peterson, it's a reason they stay injured and miss games. No knock on Coleman cause I like him to death, but he has been RBBC and hasn't played a full season yet.

RandomFan likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I will bet you anything you want Hill wont be a 3rd down back unless Free or teco is hurt. He isnt taking their touches

You'll have to excuse the insanity here that somehow the only reason Hill was drafted was so he could replace Freeman or Coleman.

Vandy and youngbloodz like this