BoomGoesTheDynamite

THE SAINTS ANSWER FOR JULIO JONES & MIKE EVENS

120 posts in this topic

Lattimore never seemed like an upper first round quality corner to me. He's decent, but he's certainly a lot of work.

Last year had better first round corners than this year. As deep as this class was, it was pretty thin in clear first round talent.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Lattimore never seemed like an upper first round quality corner to me. He's decent, but he's certainly a lot of work.

Last year had better first round corners than this year. As deep as this class was, it was pretty thin in clear first round talent.

Agree, especially considering he missed a ton of games due to hamstring injuries and was basically a 1 year wonder. I could be wrong, but having Hooker at FS helped either Conley or Lattimore get drafted higher...

Saints would have been better off trading back the 32nd pick to NE for Butler and getting a DE in the 1st.

Edited by hotlanta

29 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

You're kidding, right?

Kayoh likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You're kidding, right?

I don't see a first round corner from this class. Not kidding at all when I say many of them have issues.

Lattimore has his hip issues. He has other issues as well that makes him a 2nd rounder imo, such as giving up on inside releases, etc.

Reoccurring soft tissue injuries usually don't just disappear. See sjax.

He will be their answer for 4-6 games a year.

Godzilla1985 likes this

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

I don't see a first round corner from this class. Not kidding at all when I say many of them have issues.

Lattimore has his hip issues. He has other issues as well that makes him a 2nd rounder imo, such as giving up on inside releases, etc.

Lattimore will be a Pro Bowl corner in a couple years 

And his health issues were hammys, Not hips.  

Kayoh and FalconOdense like this

Lattimore is a good cover corner. Yall don't have to downplay him. Will he shut down Julio as a rookie? No. But he can grow into a corner that could give our offense problems. 

Kayoh, Jerz and Scott1988 like this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Lattimore will be a Pro Bowl corner in a couple years 

Possibly. It will take a while longer than some will expect. He's got potential, but not worth a first rounder imo.

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Lattimore is a good cover corner. Yall don't have to downplay him. Will he shut down Julio as a rookie? No. But he can grow into a corner that could give our offense problems. 

If the Saints don't develop a pass rush, it won't matter

1 minute ago, SamMills51 said:

Possibly. It will take a while longer than some will expect. He's got potential, but not worth a first rounder imo.

Question, why did Gettleman and Rivera REALLY let Norman walk? I've never dived into the details but it just seems so weird to let go of an elite corner who wants top dollar when you play in a division that has Julio and Evans.

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Question, why did Gettleman and Rivera REALLY let Norman walk? I've never dived into the details but it just seems so weird to let go of an elite corner who wants top dollar when you play in a division that has Julio and Evans.

We'll never know for sure....but Me thinks because Both sides let it go too far to where Norman felt disrespected 

PokerSteve likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If the Saints don't develop a pass rush, it won't matter

Saints are idiots. Took a corner and safety like they will do anything. No pass rush, no defense. HeIl, no LBs. They are all secondary. They're probably hoping Rankins and Fairley wreak enough havoc on the interior and having Cameron Jordan is going to be good enough. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Me thinks because Both sides let it go too far to where Norman felt disrespected 

Then that's poor upper management period. Elite players don't hit the market because teams don't let the best get away. Norman was probably equally valuable to that team as Kuechly.

Vandy and dozer like this

Just now, vel said:

Saints are idiots. Took a corner and safety like they will do anything. No pass rush, no defense. HeIl, no LBs. They are all secondary. They're probably hoping Rankins and Fairley wreak enough havoc on the interior and having Cameron Jordan is going to be good enough. 

They are idiots. Drew Brees is the reason they win 7 games every year. Without him, they are easily a bottom 3 team in the NFL. When you have an all time great QB, it should be SO simple.

g-dawg, Drew4719 and Vandy like this

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He values the trenches. It's a strong philosophy. I agree with it. The problem now is TDavis is 34, Kuechly is battling serious concussion issues, and Shaq Thompson hasn't become the player many thought yet. Add in an old edge rush group and that front seven is eroding fast. The safeties are only average. It's a weird mix of talent on that defense. I think they may have spurts, but for the most part I think they look inept on defense this year. 

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Passed on jonathon Allen...

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Passed on jonathon Allen...

I get taking Lattimore if he's the best CB on the board. It makes sense. But come on. You take Allen over Lattimore all day. But when Loomis is your GM...

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

so what were your impressions of your Panties Draft Haul?