FentayeJones

Film Study: Quinn on Why Falcons Re-Signed Ishmael

33 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, oztin said:

Because he's a good player that can fill in two spots in your team and see minimal drop off

it's funny but we use to always joke about him being a slow safety but he would be a fast LB and now he's made the switch

Just now, dirtybird2k5 said:

He basically plays whatever role Jabrill Peppers would play for us...

I would selfishly like to see Peppers fall to us 2nd or better 3rd...probably unlikely.

1 minute ago, Sipifalcon said:

Ish is a damm good football player 

DQ wats good football players...he will find places for them to excel, at least on the defensive side of the ball...

If he is not making the tackle, he is always around where the ball is, split-seconds away from the tackle. He needs to be a Falcon.

Like him a lot. He gives you the type of quality play  you typically get from veteran-min players that outperform their salary. Guys like Bernard Pollard, etc. Not an exceptional player but a good solid football player. 

For a 7th rounder, thats great return. 

4 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

I would selfishly like to see Peppers fall to us 2nd or better 3rd...probably unlikely.

LOL toker ....:)....extremely unlikely he even falls to us at 31.

TheFatboi likes this

Matchup league you resign guys who can dictate advantages for us with regards to personnel use.

Gotta say for a 7th round pick to still being in the league and playing on a consistent basis Ishamel has done a fine job for us.

TheFatboi likes this

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Matchup league you resign guys who can dictate advantages for us with regards to personnel use.

Gotta say for a 7th round pick to still being in the league and playing on a consistent basis Ishamel has done a fine job for us.

I told guys his rookie year he was a good player we needed to keep. It's funny how most wanted him cut. Even after he made plays his rookie year. Most forgot about the pick six against the bucs as a rook. Then his second year against the lions wanted him cut because tru blew an assignment and Ish tried to make up for It and run it out and make a play. Even then I defended him. I don't know what it is but I can see in players what most fans can't early on. 

2 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

He basically plays whatever role Jabrill Peppers would play for us...

Peppers is A LOT more athletic than Ish.  I still think Peppers would make a better SS than FS in our system though.

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I told guys his rookie year he was a good player we needed to keep. It's funny how most wanted him cut. Even after he made plays his rookie year. Most forgot about the pick six against the bucs as a rook. Then his second year against the lions wanted him cut because tru blew an assignment and Ish tried to make up for It and run it out and make a play. Even then I defended him. I don't know what it is but I can see in players what most fans can't early on. 

Considering he's been on the team since 2013 through 2 changes of regime and has still made the squad tells me what type of guy this dude is.Hes definitely a worker nothing spectacular but a guy who comes to work every day and does his job wheather it be on defense of STs.Gotta have guy's like this.

TheFatboi and mdrake34 like this

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Considering he's been on the team since 2013 through 2 changes of regime and has still made the squad tells me what type of guy this dude is.Hes definitely a worker nothing spectacular but a guy who comes to work every day and does his job wheather it be on defense of STs.Gotta have guy's like this.

He's a football player. Quinn likes those types. 

Vandy, kiwifalcon and papachaz like this

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Peppers is A LOT more athletic than Ish.  I still think Peppers would make a better SS than FS in our system though.

Quinn could make that happen.

45 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

ish, and brooks reed are two good reasons a Lb is not a strong need this yr

Ehh, Reed is really more of a SAM than a true off scrimmage LB. We lost Wheeler, Spoon, and Worrilow. Even if you count Ishmael, we still need to add at least one more pure off scrimmage guy at least for depth purposes. Guys like Reed, and a probable eventual draft pick will share that off scrimmage/pass rusher role, lessening the need for pure off scrimmage guys, but we probably still need one more.

Tim Mazetti likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Quinn could make that happen.

He wouldn't "make" it happen though. Quinn preaches focusing on what a player is best at, so if Quinn thought that his skills were better suited to SS, then that's where he'd play. He ain't about forcing square pegs into round holes.

7 minutes ago, hjerry said:

He wouldn't "make" it happen though. Quinn preaches focusing on what a player is best at, so if Quinn thought that his skills were better suited to SS, then that's where he'd play. He ain't about forcing square pegs into round holes.

The Mike Person experiment at C was most definetely forcing a square peg in a round hole.

:)

but I think you took my point a little too literally on Peppers. 

Falcons would be more than fine with both Peppers and Neal playing back there.