Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msjacob25

Why would DQ

12 posts in this topic

I don't know how to paste a tweet from Twitter on my phone, but Rappaport tweeted tha dq put both Charles Harris and Jordan Willis through a workout side by side at the same time.  Is he comparing them?

RoddyWhite84 likes this

I would think that the players would have to be pretty competitive as well, because they could potentially hurt themselves in draft stock too

I hadn't heard that but that is a brilliant move.  Talk about a straight up comparison of skill level.  I'm sure other coaches do this, but I have never heard of it...sounds like a great idea.

55 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Competitiveness is one of the traits that Quinn always hammers on. It's one thing to hear from college coaches how "competitive" a player is, but if you take two first-round prospects and pair them together in drills, you can see just how competitive they are for yourself. 

Pretty much this. Quinn wants his guys hungry 24/7. Never satisfied and always improving. Which ones will show up, and which ones will show out. There are no favorites.

I was thinking something similar to this the other day, but instead of pitting two draft picks against us they could bring Vic or Reed with them. Vic or Reed could run drills beside the draft prospect and give them a real comparison. 

5 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

I was thinking something similar to this the other day, but instead of pitting two draft picks against us they could bring Vic or Reed with them. Vic or Reed could run drills beside the draft prospect and give them a real comparison. 

I doubt that CBA rules would allow teams to bring current players on prospect workouts.