gazoo

Official 2017 Atlanta Falcons Schedule ( Terrible bye week)

61 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

I swear I don't see a loss in there, look out 1972 Dolphins were coming for your a$$...

Heath (Concussion Head) Evans Doesn't see any losses on NE's schedule either so why not us too!

5 Primetime games will give us an opportunity to showcase our pissed off team.  The thing that I don't like though is how primetime games take more out of them physically and throw off their schedules.  With the early bye, prime time games all over the place, and back-loaded division games, the 1st round bye is more important than ever.

First victim = Chicago

9 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I get having dallas and nyg on sunday night.

No reason that we should not have played the packers or a division game.

Falcons and Saints monday night is always a winner in terms of quality of a game

I think they are keeping us week 2 to allow  maximum time for the stadium to be completed considering they haven't demolished the dome and we lee hearing setbacks. Nothing's more embarrassing than not having a finished stadium week 1...

except youbknow... that other thing that was embarrassing 

43 minutes ago, russ7000 said:

division games all in the 2nd half of the year  ??   wow     

Yep, they are going to keep us Bird fans in the division running all season unless we blow everyone out and others flail. 

11 hours ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

I swear I don't see a loss in there, look out 1972 Dolphins were coming for your a$$...

Yeah, don't see any game on the schedule that's an automatic loss. . Some tough games, but Falcons can beat any team on that schedule.

5 hours ago, bossFALCON™ said:

Then a tough stretch of games weeks 7-11, 4 of 5 on the road. Could see us staying up in the northeast after the NE game like we stayed on the west coast last year.

I think that stretch will show us who we are...3 wins and the early bye might not be so bad.

We can't go less then 4-1 before the bye...unless the division is poor.

13 hours ago, gazoo said:

2017 Atlanta Falcons schedule

Week 1: @ Chicago Bears, 1 p.m., September 10, FOX

Week 2: vs. Green Bay Packers, 8:30 p.m., September 17, NBC

Week 3: @ Detroit Lions, 1 p.m., September 24, FOX

Week 4: vs. Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m., October 1, CBS

Week 5: Bye Week

Week 6: Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m., October 15, CBS

Week 7: @ New England Patriots, 8:30 p.m., October 22, NBC

Week 8: @ New York Jets, 1 p.m., October 29, FOX

Week 9: @ Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m., November 5, FOX

Week 10: vs. Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m., November 12, FOX

Week 11: @Seattle Seahawks, 8:30 p.m., November 20, ESPN

Week 12: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m., November 26, FOX

Week 13: vs. Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m., December 3, FOX

Week 14: vs. New Orleans Saints, 8:25 p.m., December 7, NBC/NFL Network

Week 15: @Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 8:30 p.m., December 18, ESPN

Week 16: @New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m., December 24, FOX

Week 17: Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m., December 31, FOX

You play the games and win it. You don't find excuses because of the Bye week. 

The bright side is that we are not playing any cold weather team in December outdoors. We play the Patriots and the Jets in October, not late November or December. 

The 2nd half of the season will end with 5 home games and one tough road game at Seattle. The front end of the schedule is manageable all the way to week 6. The middle more difficult with 3 three road games @NewEngland @Jets @Panthers. But, it is still very manageable. I wouldn't be surprised to see us at 6-0 before going to New England on the road.  

@Seattle

@tampa bay

@saints

2 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

5 Primetime games will give us an opportunity to showcase our pissed off team.  The thing that I don't like though is how primetime games take more out of them physically and throw off their schedules.  With the early bye, prime time games all over the place, and back-loaded division games, the 1st round bye is more important than ever.

First victim = Chicago

Don't forget the National game on Fox-Atlanta vs Dallas. 

Meh. Don't know if it's a terrible bye week yet. 

We also have a late-season 11 day rest right before three consecutive division games. That's pretty decent. 

Only thing that bothers me a bit is the 1pm road game on Week 1. I mean, really? 

We will handily win the division if our offense doesn't take a big hit adjusting to new offensive coordinator.

thatt said, at this point  I'd rather have the bye week late in season than I would week 4 as any team obviously would at this point. 

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

We will handily win the division if our offense doesn't take a big hit adjusting to new offensive coordinator.

thatt said, at this point  I'd rather have the bye week late in season than I would week 4 as any team obviously would at this point. 

Except the team who has a significant contributor or two get banged up in Week 3. 

The value of a given bye week isn't fleshed out until you see the team's situation as the bye week approaches. Julio tweaks a hammy in Week 3 or 4, we're going to be happy about that Week 5 bye. 

4 hours ago, stingbee said:

Don't forget the National game on Fox-Atlanta vs Dallas. 

Nobody is really considering that a 'prime time' game per se. I imagine we will be shown to the majority of the nation, but Giants and SF are also playing at the same time on FOX. So we aren't the only game that will be on. 

12-4. I think we lose our home opener and the rematch against the Pats for a little embarrassment but win the last 6 to roar back.

Depth is gonna be key to survive the bye.

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Except the team who has a significant contributor or two get banged up in Week 3. 

The value of a given bye week isn't fleshed out until you see the team's situation as the bye week approaches. Julio tweaks a hammy in Week 3 or 4, we're going to be happy about that Week 5 bye. 

There  are scenarios where not having a 1st round draft pick could be better than not having it. If the pick was a bust, it would have been better to have not had the pick in the first place and wasted all the money and coaching effort.

That doesn't mean you can't say at this point it's better to have our 1st round  pick then not have it.

Thus, the value of having your first round draft pick isn't fleshed out until the player proves he is not a bust.

My argument is based on what we know today. What we know today is no team would want a bye week in week 4 the day the schedule comes out. No team would want to forfeit their first round draft pick before the draft simply because the player could be a bust either. 

The bye week won't matter so much to this team. We're built so well with great depth that the only position losses that would really hurt us is losing Matt or both backs for an extended. Besides that we're built for the long haul. Even with a late bye we were long hit by the injury bug but we prevailed. The week 5 bye won't be any different. We still sustained injuries after the late bye last season. We could've lost Matt after the bye last year and the season was over. Injuries happen. We made it all the way to the SB only to sustain injuries to the wrong crew at the wrong time. The oline. I'm sure the team ain't even thinking about when the bye week is. 

James Bond 007 likes this

23 hours ago, gazoo said:

That's not necessarily true. You could have a significant injury in late weeks that affect the rest of the season. And since the meat of our divisional games are at the end of the season that would be the wrong time to have a key injury to Matt or both backs or the line with Mack like last year. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

The bye week won't matter so much to this team. We're built so well with great depth that the only position losses that would really hurt us is losing Matt or both backs for an extended. Besides that we're built for the long haul. Even with a late bye we were long hit by the injury bug but we prevailed. The week 5 bye won't be any different. We still sustained injuries after the late bye last season. We could've lost Matt after the bye last year and the season was over. Injuries happen. We made it all the way to the SB only to sustain injuries to the wrong crew at the wrong time. The oline. I'm sure the team ain't even thinking about when the bye week is. 

I think even coming off a Thursday night game - we played that Philadelphia game tired.   The brutal schedule before week 10 really showed up in that game - and the bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

gazoo likes this

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That's not necessarily true. You could have a significant injury in late weeks that affect the rest of the season. And since the meat of our divisional games are at the end of the season that would be the wrong time to have a key injury to Matt or both backs or the line with Mack like last year. 

Well, it's not necessarily true a 1st round draft pick is a good thing either. What if he ends up being a bust? 

So while I completely agree there are situations where the bye week coming early can be favorable, there are far more situations where having the bye week late in the season when the entire roster is banged up and get a week off to mend prior to going into the playoffs is better. There are also far more situations where your 1st round draft pick is a good thing rather than a bad thing thus I would rather have the pick than not have the pick.

Having Chicago week one might be boring but I think it's a good chance for everyone to knock the rust off and get our new coordinators feet wet with the team.