Shiney_McShine

We're getting the band back together.....MBGT 2017

32 posts in this topic

You long timers here remember the MBGT from years past. It's fallen off the last several years. Since there will be a new stadium, we need to rekindle this event. There were some good times and great stories from previous events. 

The targeted game would be the Vikings game, the first Sunday in December. For you beer geeks, that coincides with the Strong Beer Fest at Wrecking bar. Saturday beer, Sunday Falcons. The days before, do as you wish, but we can discuss other activities. 

So....Who wants to get the band back together? 

Posted (edited)

I never got to hang with you, but I did with some of the other posters.... But I am down and will be there. I'll bring the Kentucky Bourbon Ale that my Kentucky friend has me hooked on. 

Image result for kentucky bourbon barrel ale

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci
TheFalconRises and Vandy like this

I'll be there in spirit from the Bay Area. Would be great to hang out with some you and--torch a New England Patriot fans home somewhere in Georgia! 

That would be rad.......I would rather it be the weekend of dec 7th since that is around my birthday(9th) but I would be down if I could get time away from work

Would really like to go, but with that being the weekend after Thanksgiving, back-to-back weekend trips to GA may be tough.

We still have plenty of time, however don't put off planning for this.

As I stated above, there is a Strong Beer Fest that Saturday at the Wrecking Bar in Inman Park. It's about $45 - 50 per person. It's an epic event and I have been to everyone, and judged the last two. I will post a link when the tickets go on sale. It will be October before they are available. It is a beer geek event, so if you are not in to barely wines, barrel aged sours or huge stouts, it may not be for you.

Of course, you are not required to attend as there are other things to do and anyone wishing to volunteer their efforts to organize activities, go right ahead. 

More later. 

Well considering me and Shiney have kept the fire going every year, you know I am in. Already scoping out hotels/flights.

Do we want to try for a group rate on a hotel? If not, I have a Priceline Express Deal for $78 a night in Dunwoody just waiting...

I would love to fly over for this as it has been way too long since my last trip to Atlanta, but unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it for personal/family reasons :-(

Oh and as far as that brewfest is concerned, I went with Shiney last year (many thanks) and if you are into beer at all, this fest is a MUST. It was amazing beers across the board. Great time and well managed.

@Atlfanstckndenver can you pin this? 

I checked my schedule and I am off work that weekend. If we are certain on the Vikings game on December 10th, I will get my tickets asap. It would be great to get a discounted rate at a hotel nearby for the group.

Also, perhaps the team will throw in some giveaways like they used to. 

11 hours ago, Jerry Maguire said:

@Atlfanstckndenver can you pin this? 

I checked my schedule and I am off work that weekend. If we are certain on the Vikings game on December 10th, I will get my tickets asap. It would be great to get a discounted rate at a hotel nearby for the group.

Also, perhaps the team will throw in some giveaways like they used to. 

The team participation was all J Stammer's hard work. I'd be happy just seeing some old friends again!

On 4/22/2017 at 9:53 AM, Duff_Man said:

The team participation was all J Stammer's hard work. I'd be happy just seeing some old friends again!

Not sure if we can ever do that again. The NFL mandated a change in these tours for security reasons. As Duff Man said, lets enjoy seeing long time friends again.