Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamMills51

LB Reuben Foster Tests Positive

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So he gets sent home from the combine... now this chit.  But but but...

Let me repeat, he got himself sent home during the biggest week of his career...the NFL combine!

Then we MUST take his word that his diluted sample was because he was sick and wanted to flush his illness out before his test so he'd feel better...  Regardless, this is considered a positive test & he will spend his first days in the NFL on the substance abuse program with one strike.  

My gosh this dude has some of THE BEST film of any player... a fkg beast!  But but but... he's now managed to have another HUGE setback just 1 week before the actual draft.  WOW, can you say RISKY?

Of course it could all be just crazy bad luck or bad timing... A GM/Owner has to ask himself if he wants to pay 1st round money given the element of risk here. Simple as that.

He was sent home after going balistico  on a hospital worker.  He could not control himself during the biggest interview of his life. 

Was it the same day and place that he submitted his urine sample?  Are the two incidents linked?  

Let me get this straight.  He was dehydrated, drank fluids and he managed to "dilute" his urine.  Yeah, NO.

He was a beast in college, but I would not draft him in the first.  There are other talented defenders in this draft.  I don't want a guy that might have a PED problem.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, etherdome said:

He was sent home after going balistico  on a hospital worker.  He could not control himself during the biggest interview of his life. 

Was it the same day and place that he submitted his urine sample?  Are the two incidents linked?  

Let me get this straight.  He was dehydrated, drank fluids and he managed to "dilute" his urine.  Yeah, NO.

He was a beast in college, but I would not draft him in the first.  There are other talented defenders in this draft.  I don't want a guy that might have a PED problem.   

These are glaring irregularities at best.  We have to hire professional football players on our payroll that make sense on every level.  It's an expensive proposition that has massive ramifications to our future.  

Given the latest developments I see no reason whatsoever for the Falcons to risk so much.  

When I watch his film he is highly impressive. But you must account for that Bama Dline. Still, he's a search & destroy missile.  

Having said all that, I remain entertained at the depths some here will go to ignore what I would consider bright red flags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, etherdome said:

He was sent home after going balistico  on a hospital worker.  He could not control himself during the biggest interview of his life. 

Was it the same day and place that he submitted his urine sample?  Are the two incidents linked?  

Let me get this straight.  He was dehydrated, drank fluids and he managed to "dilute" his urine.  Yeah, NO.

He was a beast in college, but I would not draft him in the first.  There are other talented defenders in this draft.  I don't want a guy that might have a PED problem.   

What do you mean? It's fairly easy to dilute urine.  

My guess is 1) he actually was sick and had a lot of fluids that caused the diluted test

2) he knew that NFL counted diluted test as a failed test, and would use the sick excuse as an escape route to him doing actual drugs 

3) he just didn't know the NFL counted it as a failed test 

Edited by Diesel_Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

What do you mean? It's fairly easy to dilute urine.  

My guess is 1) he actually was sick and had a lot of fluids that caused the diluted test

2) he knew that NFL counted diluted test as a failed test, and would use the sick excuse as an escape route to him doing actual drugs 

3) he just didn't know the NFL counted it as a failed test 

You crack me up bro.  Name all the other dudes who attended the combine who 

1) Were sent home

2) AND failed the drug test

please just answer the fkg question without all the dramatics... thanks amigo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Romfal said:

I dont see his attitude fitting "the brotherhood" to be honest 

attitudes can be adjusted. influence goes both ways. if you hang with 9 broke guys, you're bound to be the 10th one. and if you're in a room of 52 hard working positive grown men, chances are you'll fall in line, unless you have mental issues

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foster is overrated as a prospect by a lot of people. I'd be pissed if my favorite team took him in the 1st round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Diesel_Bird said:

What do you mean? It's fairly easy to dilute urine.  

My guess is 1) he actually was sick and had a lot of fluids that caused the diluted test

2) he knew that NFL counted diluted test as a failed test, and would use the sick excuse as an escape route to him doing actual drugs 

3) he just didn't know the NFL counted it as a failed test 

There are normal ranges for urine concentrations.  The NFL and their testing officials are, no doubt, aware of those ranges.  Foster's urine concentration fell out of the established range.  It is not likely that a normal set of kidneys would have produced such a dilute sample.  

Let's face it, Foster doctored his urine sample.  

GreggT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Black Francis said:

RTR 

Actually, I like Alabama and I respect their program.  And, unlike many on these boards, I think Saban is the greatest college coach in history.  

Even so, Foster carries too many red flags for my liking.  

GreggT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had this a few times, trying to flush my system before testing for my PO. Yea it doesn't come back positive but they treat it as such for that reason; they know it's because you were most likely trying to flush something lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You crack me up bro.  Name all the other dudes who attended the combine who 

1) Were sent home

2) AND failed the drug test

please just answer the fkg question without all the dramatics... thanks amigo.

 

I'm not making excuses for him.  I was just stating that's it's easy to dilute your own urine on purpose.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

I'm not making excuses for him.  I was just stating that's it's easy to dilute your own urine on purpose.  

Oh, sorry Diesel, I misinterpreted...my bad.  Someone might risk it in the 1st though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, etherdome said:

Actually, I like Alabama and I respect their program.  And, unlike many on these boards, I think Saban is the greatest college coach in history.  

Even so, Foster carries too many red flags for my liking.  

Nice sentiment and I understand your reasoning. I'm Being serious when I say that. To be honest though I just laugh at it all these days. Just all of it. The narratives. I guess I'm getting old. This stuff means less and less to me as the years go by. Still a fan though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Saban exercised Reuben's demons, which it appears he clearly did not successfully do, this kid has serious emotional, and possibly mental issues.  As a toddler, his father shot and killed his mother while she was holding him, and it caused him some injury.  His father then spend the next 16 years on the run from the law. 

After his recruiting/signing day drama (signing with Auburn, getting an Auburn tattoo, then committing to Alabama in the single most awkward interview you've ever seen on tv - repeatedly putting his head into his hands) I gave him a 50/50 chance of ever even stepping on the field at Alabama.  Saban apparently reigned him in enough to get him on the field, but I've had concerns about his head ever since I first saw him going through the recruiting process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Unless Saban exercised Reuben's demons, which it appears he clearly did not successfully do, this kid has serious emotional, and possibly mental issues.  As a toddler, his father shot and killed his mother while she was holding him, and it caused him some injury.  His father then spend the next 16 years on the run from the law. 

After his recruiting/signing day drama (signing with Auburn, getting an Auburn tattoo, then committing to Alabama in the single most awkward interview you've ever seen on tv - repeatedly putting his head into his hands) I gave him a 50/50 chance of ever even stepping on the field at Alabama.  Saban apparently reigned him in enough to get him on the field, but I've had concerns about his head ever since I first saw him going through the recruiting process. 

Yeah, im sorry for his pain but that is gonna take 20 years of treatment to fix...filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0