middlegatv

680 the fan schedule rumors coming in now

179 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

On the other side, you probably don't want to see how easy the Panthers schedule looks.

Just a hint: Right after our only MNF game, we have a bye. No short schedules for us at all.

I'd like to see it. Can you post it in here for us man? Surprised you haven't already.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Heath Evans is ridiculous! Have no idea why he hates the Falcons so much. Got the Cowboys at only 8-8 this year but beating the Falcons.

Yeah, He is Already Starting his $hit again!

Will probably have us at 6-10, one game better than he did last year.

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17
Drew4719 and YungFalco like this

18 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

exactly what I'm saying. stressful weeks. at least we will have an idea of how we look by then

The schedule is ******** but whatever diamonds are made under pressure...and we shine brighter than we ever have..nothing but faith in that 

People ***** every year about "Falcons got screwed because X team got X number of days off before they played the Falcons." crap without taking into account that the NFL isn't doing it on purpose. There's so many things that have to be taken into account for scheduling. You can't have a football game in a stadium there's a previously scheduled event there. It causes some things to happen that aren't ideal like playing 3 straight road games or 3 straight home games. The Falcons aren't the only team that has to play teams coming off their bye or with extra rest and things like that.

YungFalco and Drew4719 like this

7 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

acfa9e857840ecfbc6d601f86d87a9f0.jpg

Wow. Outside the 49ers and Eagles, you guys play the same schedule as us. I guess i expected an easier schedule than that for you guys.

6 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Thanks. I could see the panthers winning 10 or 11 games on that schedule. We'll just have to win more.

It all depends on their idenity-crisis QB.

He could revert back to MVP form. Then again he might check out on the season before preseason is over.

1 minute ago, middlegatv said:

Wow. Outside the 49ers and Eagles, you guys play the same schedule as us. I guess i expected an easier schedule than that for you guys.

Everyone in the same division plays the EXACT same schedule. The only difference is playing the same place team from the other two conference divisions you are not playing that year. 

Which means ATL plays the 1st place teams, from West and East.

PK Manley and Drew4719 like this

Looks like I'll be at the first 3 games, and maybe having saved up enough to get the back to back sun/Thurs home games as I won't be over in 2018.

So any news on single game tickets, season ticket/PSL holder presales for single tickets, etc, let us know.

Get to visit a friend in Chicago and then get 6 days out at Zion and Bryce, and finish up visiting another friend who had the misfortune of missing our Wembley collapse but being over in London for the Chiefs whipping the following year, in Detroit.

4 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Haven't really compared, but I can see us easily being 13-3 with that schedule, with losses to the Patriots, once to you guys, and once to Tampa.

*EDIT: yeah, the order is different, which is what I'm getting at. You have the bulk of your strong opponents in the second half, while ours is spread out in an easy manner to sweep. 

Edited by SamMills51

3 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Everyone in the same division plays the EXACT same schedule. The only difference is playing the same place team from the other two conference divisions you are not playing that year. 

Which means ATL plays the 1st place teams, from West and East.

You are correct, sir.

Saw a pretty funny comment on a Bears message board.

In the first game against the Falcons

If the Falcons have a 28-3 lead in the 3rd quarter … the game will end at about 42-6

On another note..are you guys ready for the barrage of 28-3 jokes when we're dropping 40 burgers on teams?

22 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

You are correct, sir.

Yeah, Its a perfect number schedule of teams. Which will make it difficult/interesting IF they ever expand.

1 minute ago, PK Manley said:

While the Browns and Jags get no primetime games.  It's really kind of BS, tbh.

The Browns nor Jags deserve to get any primetime games. Now that being said, I thought every team had to play at least 1 TNF game?

1 minute ago, middlegatv said:

I just saw the following on nfl.com.

Are any of your fellow fans starting to wonder where Cam's true interest is? Football or the fashion world?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801384/article/cam-newton-outfit-works-because-im-dripping-goo

BTW, isn't that a really disturbing title? "... dripping goo"?

Cam Newton's recent comments on his injury and playing through it.

"But at the end of the day, I felt as if there was another thing that was achieved," Newton said.  "I wear the 'C' patch on my jersey with great pride, and I feel as if it comes around again, would I reconsider it? Yeah, but also knowing those guys that I'm going to give every single thing that I have to give for this game, for the fans, for my teammates, especially.

"I'm getting the mojo back," Newton said, sweating through a Nickelodeon-themed Under Armour hoodie. "It's not as tragic as some people made it out to be. But I'm still being a professional about it - still getting treatment and making sure I'm getting stronger with the rest of my body as well.

"RV is doing an unbelievable job with managing a lot of things, but I'm still trying to maneuver and add different aspects that may be pushing the pendulum, but it's just that push to get back."

"...I think the bigger picture was I'm one of the leaders on this team," Newton said. "I just want to set a good standard that, listen, the team comes first and I'm just going to put myself in position to try to lead this team as much as possible."

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Browns nor Jags deserve to get any primetime games. Now that being said, I thought every team had to play at least 1 TNF game?

I'm just saying that if they're willing to give Dallas that much national exposure, teams shouldn't need to "deserve" to get just one for their franchise.

I guess not on the TNF thing...I thought that as well.  Looks like it might only be 15 weeks this year.

25 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

I'm just saying that if they're willing to give Dallas that much national exposure, teams shouldn't need to "deserve" to get just one for their franchise.

I guess not on the TNF thing...I thought that as well.  Looks like it might only be 15 weeks this year.

It's the NFC East effect. All those teams get 3 or 4 prime time games a season and the NFL wonders why TV ratings are down and why people are sick of those 4 teams.

PK Manley likes this

Here's an example of another team getting schedule by the NFL schedule, the Dolphins

• Week 2 - at LA Chargers
  • Week 3 - at NY Jets
  • Week 4 - vs. New Orleans (in London)
  • Week 5 - vs. Tennessee

Talk about getting screwed. Look at all that travel.

Slappywhite and Drew4719 like this