oztin

Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

172 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Clark said:

Goodness.... why must everything be someone else's fault?  Apparently you were raised to be a victim.  Where I am from, you take personal accountability for your actions. 

So you're telling me no one in your entire life influenced you in anyway at all??

40 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So you're telling me no one in your entire life influenced you in anyway at all??

Influence goes both ways. People can be great examples or horrible warnings. When somebody does something wrong, and they KNOW it's wrong, they are responsible for their own actions.

Would you excuse a kid for shooting another kid dead if he stated Grand Theft Auto as the idea of where he got it?

Edited by JD dirtybird21
Yo_Lover likes this

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

That guy wanted nothing to do with salvation or help.

I know all about that scenario too. Like Hernandez some of these kids choose the wrong way. 

3 hours ago, athell said:

I hope he accepted Christ before he died. Did he make bad choice with murder involvement? Yes. Did he deserve prison time? Yes. Is capital punishment valid in certain felonies? Yes. Does every criminal deserve a chance at salvation? Yes. This thread doesn't need derailed into a liberal, Pollyanna rant. Jeffrey Dahmer was monster who deserved lethal injection. A thug killed him in prison, but its said he accepted Christ before he died months earlier. That's great news to a horrible chapter in serial killer history.

Edited by BIRDLAND 2.0
athell likes this

9 hours ago, Pape said:

The story of Aaron Hernandez is a complicated one. Its also a sad story anyway you look at it.

A little insight into Hernandez can be found in a story by Sports Illustrated. If you have the desire to get a little glimpse into his life, this story is a good read. Doesnt explain it all, but, as i said, it offers a little insight from one who would know

https://www.si.com/longform/2016/aaron-hernandez-brother-dj-hernandez/

Thanks for this background story, Pape. It really did shed a lot of light on Aaron Hernandez' family, his relationship with his brother...and that fatal weakness he exhibited early on for choosing the wrong friends.

Maybe it just finally all sank in after the most recent trial; not only what he'd done to himself, but what he'd done to his family and the families of the dead men who'd crossed his path.  Too much shame, too much guilt, nothing to look forward to except....some day dying in prison. So, might as well get it over with and avoid further torment.

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Influence goes both ways. People can be great examples or horrible warnings. When somebody does something wrong, and they KNOW it's wrong, they are responsible for their own actions.

Would you excuse a kid for shooting another kid dead if he stated Grand Theft Auto as the idea of where he got it?

GTA doesn't teach kids shooting is cool. Friends can persuade you one way or another. For example Colby and I use to be good friends. But we ended up following different groups. I moved on to a group that goes to college with me. He moved on to the group of friends that party, drink, and do drugs. Sometimes it's a simple as they fit in and are afraid to leave because no one wants to be alone. Or maybe Hernandez had a disorder. Or maybe he just wants to kill for kicks and giggles. The point I'm trying to make is it's not our place to judge.

10 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

GTA doesn't teach kids shooting is cool. Friends can persuade you one way or another. For example Colby and I use to be good friends. But we ended up following different groups. I moved on to a group that goes to college with me. He moved on to the group of friends that party, drink, and do drugs. Sometimes it's a simple as they fit in and are afraid to leave because no one wants to be alone. Or maybe Hernandez had a disorder. Or maybe he just wants to kill for kicks and giggles. The point I'm trying to make is it's not our place to judge.

I get your point. But Hernandez shot someone in the face and took his life. There is zero justification or excuse for that behavior. Sick, influenced, whatever, he deserves to be judged at the very least 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I get your point. But Hernandez shot someone in the face and took his life. There is zero justification or excuse for that behavior. Sick, influenced, whatever, he deserves to be judged at the very least 

I see your point. I just don't see the point in celebrating a death. It's poor taste.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I see your point. I just don't see the point in celebrating a death. It's poor taste.

This I agree with. I'm not celebrating his death by any means nor am I making jokes. But I definitely won't defend him from fools who WILL make jokes because he isn't worth fighting for, at all.

Yo_Lover likes this

4 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I hope he accepted Christ before he died. Did he make bad choice with murder involvement? Yes. Did he deserve prison time? Yes. Is capital punishment valid in certain felonies? Yes. Does every criminal deserve a chance at salvation? Yes. This thread doesn't need derailed into a liberal, Pollyanna rant. Jeffrey Dahmer was monster who deserved lethal injection. A thug killed him in prison, but its said he accepted Christ before he died months earlier. That's great news to a horrible chapter in serial killer history.

Even if he did, according to my understanding of God and the Bible, murder of ones self (suicide) immediately sends a person's soul to heIl. Now I could be wrong on that because I'm not God and it's not my call. That's just what I believe about the matter.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Even if he did, according to my understanding of God and the Bible, murder of ones self (suicide) immediately sends a person's soul to heIl. Now I could be wrong on that because I'm not God and it's not my call. That's just what I believe about the matter.

Apostle Paul says you take down the tent , he was using tent metaphor since he was a tent maker , the soul is still intact, to be separate from body is to be alive in Christ, if one has believed in Him. See @athell's post in Hernandez thread where Aaron wrote Scripture on his forehead before he died. Best, Birdland 

8 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Apostle Paul says you take down the tent , he was using tent metaphor since he was a tent maker , the soul is still intact, to be separate from body is to be alive in Christ, if one has believed in Him. See @athell's post in Hernandez thread where Aaron wrote Scripture on his forehead before he died. Best, Birdland 

God is the giver of life and he is also the only one who should end a life. People control over who lives and who dies is horrific. I just don't see how that's forgivable. But it's not my call or judgement. I saw athell's post. Doesn't mean I agree with it.

15 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Where did I say that?  Of course I have had tons of influences in my life, both good and bad.  BUT at the end of the day, only I am responsible for my actions.  None of my influences made me do anything.  I made the final call. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Clark said:

Where did I say that?  Of course I have had tons of influences in my life, both good and bad.  BUT at the end of the day, only I am responsible for my actions.  None of my influences made me do anything.  I made the final call. 

Whatever you want to believe. I'm not gonna argue with you. If you wanna be sick and celebrate a death you go ahead. I'm gonna pray for him. I'm gonna pray for his victims. And I'm gonna pray for his family and friends. 

I don't care what you say. Everything that happens in our life influences us in one way or another.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Whatever you want to believe. I'm not gonna argue with you. If you wanna be sick and celebrate a death you go ahead. I'm gonna pray for him. I'm gonna pray for his victims. And I'm gonna pray for his family and friends. 

I don't care what you say. Everything that happens in our life influences us in one way or another.

I too will continue to pray for his family and the victims families.  I will let you pray for him. 

18 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Are you seriously going to question Tebow's character? If Tebow has any character flaws or issues then he's the greatest deceiver on the face of the earth.

Just a joke man, did I miss something, is he the first/second messiah? And yes there are many who question his motives. I do not know enough about him personally to say one way or the other. Just because the hype machine depicts him as something, that does not necessarily prove he lives up to that depiction. 

Edited by Cheap Talk

AH's lawyer is now implying that he was murdered in his cell. Based on his sociopath tendencies, would have to agree with that. A sociopath rarely tries to inflict harm on themselves, they are all about survival at all costs. 

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

My wife and I have had this discussion before and she and her family were of the same understanding as you in that if a believer commits suicide that person goes to ****.  It has led us to dive into the bible a bit, and I don't know if there is any scripture to actually support that is there?  I mean, no doubt it is a sin, however we are all sinners so if AH had accepted the lord as his savior, isn't that the one true key into the kingdom?  Not saying you are wrong, I honestly don't know and don't ever intend to find out.

Also, just ignore CT, he is a fear mongering troll better left unacknowledged.

22 minutes ago, athell said:

My wife and I have had this discussion before and she and her family were of the same understanding as you in that if a believer commits suicide that person goes to ****.  It has led us to dive into the bible a bit, and I don't know if there is any scripture to actually support that is there?  I mean, no doubt it is a sin, however we are all sinners so if AH had accepted the lord as his savior, isn't that the one true key into the kingdom?  Not saying you are wrong, I honestly don't know and don't ever intend to find out.

Hard to believe you have ever picked-up a religious document of any kind, you sure do not live it!

4 hours ago, athell said:

There's no one single verse that states that suicide condemns someone to heIl. But there's many verses that talk about how the body is the temple of the holy spirit and how we're not supposed to harm it. We're supposed to take care of it. There's also verses that says that it's God's decision to give or take away life.

But yeah, I'm not going to act like I fully know one way or the other. It's not my call.

athell likes this