theProf

Players that the Falcons have worked-out or had in for official visits by position

94 posts in this topic

The following list of players that the Falcons have worked-out or had in for official visits was compiled from a pinned topic thread in the NFL Draft and Free Agency message board by poster Unintentional Grounding, with substantial input from posters FentayeJones and hjerry.  Last year all the Falcons draft choices came from players that the Falcons either worked-out or had in for visits. Most all of Atlanta's draft selections in recent years have also been  from players worked-out or had for official visits. The following list does NOT include players that the Falcons have only interviewed, scouted at the Combine or Senior Bowl, attended pro days without individually working-out, or had in for the Falcons “local players workout”.

At this point, it appears from the following list that the Falcons are really targeting the OG and OT positions on Offense and the DE and LB positions on Defense. Positions that the Falcons do NOT appear to be targeting are the WR, QB, and C positions on Offense, and the DT and CB positions on Defense. There is still about two weeks to go before the draft, so I hopefully we can keep this topic thread updated with additional workouts/visits as they occur.

Players that the Falcons have worked-out (W) or had in for official visits (V) by position, with the projected draft round, according to cbssports.com nfl draft prospects, indicated before the players' name:

OFFENSE:

OG  

1 Forrest Lamp - WKU - W

2-3 Isaac Asiata - Utah - W

3 Danny Isidora – Miami- W

6-7 Aviante Collins - TCU -W

- Ethan Cooper - Indiana - W

- Corey Levin – UTC- W

OT

1-2 Garett Bolles - Utah - W

4 Julien Davenport – Bucknell - W

5 Sam Tevi - Utah - W

- Corey Levin - UTC - W

- Taylor Gadbois - Southeastern Louisiana - V

- Darrell Williams Jr - WKU - W

C

- Cam Keizur - Portland State – V

- Max Halpin - Western KentuckyW

RB

3-4  Kareem Hunt – Toledo – W

4-5 Brian Hill - Wyoming - W

6 Elijah McGuire - Louisiana Lafayette – V

- Tre Sullivan - South Alabama – W

TE

1 OJ Howard- Alabama - V

4-5 Jonnu Smith  - FIU - W

6 Eric Saubert – Drake - V

7 Anthony Firsker - Harvard - V   (cbssports has him under FB)

QB

- Justin Thomas - GT - W

- Austin Apodaca - New Mexico - W

WR

3 Carlos Henderson - Louisiana Tech - W

- Mitchell Paige - Indiana - W or V  (also a returner)

Noel Thomas - Connecticut - W

DEFENSE:

DE

1 Derek Barnett - Tennessee – W

1 Charles Harris -Missouri - W

2 Jordan Willis - Kansas State – W

2 Tarell Basham - Ohio U - V

2-3 Derek Rivers - YSU - W

4-5 Tanoh Kpassagnon  - Villanova – W

4-5 Dawuane Smoot - Illinois - V

6-7 Keionta Davis - UTC – V

7 Keion Adams - Western Michigan - W 

7 Avery Moss -  Youngstown State - W

- Ryan Watson - Air Force - W

DT

2 Chris Wormley - Michigan - V

7 Grover Stewart - Albany State – W

LB 

1 Haason Reddick - Temple – W

1-2 Takk McKinley - UCLA - V

1-2 Tyus Bowser - Houston - V

6-7 Tanner Vallejo - Bosie State - V

7 Samson Ebukam - EWU - V

7 Jalen Reeves-Maybin  - Tennessee - W

CB 

3 Cam Sutton - Tennessee - W  (also a returner)

4-5 Howard Wilson - U of Houston - W

6 Brandon Wilson - U of Houston - W

- Taylor Reynolds - James Madison - V 

S

2 Budda Baker - Washington - V

3-4 Justin Evans – Texas A&M - V

Jonathan “Rudy” Ford - Auburn - W

- Maurice Smith – UGA - V

- Tre’ Sullivan - Shepherd - W

Kicker

- Matt Davis - UNC-Pembroke - W

I saw this on reddit and figured it complements this topic. Players with multiple meetings with teams: 

Atlanta Falcons

Derek Barnett, Tarell Basham, Tyus Bowser, Taylor Gadbois, Antonio Garcia, Forrest Lamp (3X), Elijah McGuire, Dalvin Tomlinson, Tanner Vallejo

Would love Barnett in the first just don't know if he makes it to 31... could pull a similar trade like we did with Trufant and I would honestly be okay with it. 

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

what about:

DT - Davlin Thompson, Alabama

TE - Evan Engram, Ole Miss

I thought we either had visit or workout with each of those guys above - NO?

Tomlinson was at the "Local" workout, and Engram was interviewed at the Senior Bowl.

I know its WalterFootball, so take it with a grain of salt but they have an up to date list for every team: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Edited by Ryan2Jones1989

Great list.  Thx for posting.  

On the DE/LB and OT/OG, they could be looking at those as one position also.  Meaning if they can't get the DE they want, maybe they grab a LB that they can make an edge rusher, same for the need at Guard, maybe the take a tackle and put them at guard.  

All of which means, Guard and DE are or need and they are focused on filling those positions in the early rounds.  

PokerSteve likes this

13 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

Great list.  Thx for posting.  

On the DE/LB and OT/OG, they could be looking at those as one position also.  Meaning if they can't get the DE they want, maybe they grab a LB that they can make an edge rusher, same for the need at Guard, maybe the take a tackle and put them at guard.  

All of which means, Guard and DE are or need and they are focused on filling those positions in the early rounds.  

You are correct. I think I've read where the Falcons would consider Garett Bolles more at the OG position, rather than his collegiate position of OT.  Tyus Bowser could also be considered as a pass-rushing DE on passing downs, and a Stongside LB in the base defense.

RichardCNile likes this

There are several more but I wanted to make sure Wormley was in this thread...he is a legit 2nd rounder at 5T and 3T for us...had an amazing 3 cone at his size and his character/football IQ are top notch for Falcons brass

22 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

There are several more but I wanted to make sure Wormley was in this thread...he is a legit 2nd rounder at 5T and 3T for us...had an amazing 3 cone at his size and his character/football IQ are top notch for Falcons brass

Thanks Iceman. I have justed added Chris Wormley to the initial posted list.

If McGuire fell to us in the 6th that would be a fantastic pick. Has Freeman-esque features, elite vision, cutback ablility, allusive and breaks ankles in open field. Is a very good receiving threat, with WR capabilities to get the ball at the highpoint, and is good at improvisation when the Qb is extending a play out of pocket, and comes back to help. Have seen him beat a Lb and pretend to have the ball coming his way causing the defender to commit a holding call by defending a pass that isn't coming. He would be a tremendous 3rd down back, upgrading Terron ward.eeman and Falcs couldn't get a deal done he would be able to produce similar numbers in our scheme Imo. He is exactly what you look for in a back with the ZBS. I have no idea why he is so underrated. I hope we can trade down in the first and pick up some late round picks, bc there are starting quality T.E. and RB late. Would like to draft a kicker late if there is a good one out there. I don't scout kickers much, but I think I will now.

23 minutes ago, theProf said:

Thanks Iceman. I have justed added Chris Wormley to the initial posted list.

Check the bookmarked post in the FA and Draft forum...@hjerry did a synopsis of guys towards the end of the thread....

Based on Falcon filter, this is THE MASTER LIST. I don't see any deviation in the draft from this list. Picks will be coming from here. Sucks regarding Samaje Perine and Adam Sheehan. I can adapt.

2 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

He doesn't even sniff the athletic thresholds the Falcons seem to have when drafting early. Not even close. I doubt he's even in consideration at any point. https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/charles-harris

Michael Bennett did not show well at the combine, Harris numbers are actually slightly better. I sure hope we haven't ruled out Harris. 

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Do this include players scouted at campus pro days? 

No, unless the player was indicated as being individually worked-out by the Falcons coaching staff while at the pro-day. From the OP:

" The following list does NOT include players that the Falcons have only interviewed, scouted at the Combine or Senior Bowl, attended pro days without individually working-out, or had in for the Falcons “local players workout”.