E. T.

Braves vs Nats

567 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Regardless, he could have just let Dickey bunt Suzuki over and let him keep pitching. Instead he continued his ******* terrible situational managing and is burning through the bullpen for no ******* reason.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Regardless, he could have just let Dickey bunt Suzuki over and let him keep pitching. Instead he continued his ******* terrible situational managing and is burning through the bullpen for no ******* reason.

Exactly. But somehow someone has yet to convince me that I couldn't do a better job. All they can say is "well why aren't you a manager then?"

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Lane Adams is an OF at Gwinnett hitting .378 with 4 HR right now. He can play all 3 OF positions and his main position is CF. Give that man Bonifacio's job.

Unknown is a phenomenal poster with an incredible post to like ratio.. give that man bonifacio's job

Unkn0wn likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. But somehow someone has yet to convince me that I couldn't do a better job. All they can say is "well why aren't you a manager then?"

Yup..   agree to disagree then.. :shrug:

12 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yup..   agree to disagree then.. :shrug:

I just wish you can't give me 1 reason why I couldn't make better decisions based on my track record that I've provided here?

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just wish you can't give me 1 reason why I couldn't make better decisions based on my track record that I've provided here?

You don't give snit much credit.. and I can point out some statements made here that would dispute your theory as well.. 

For example, if Dickey stayed in and bunted we still don't score a run and don't give up a run (assuming Dickey continued at somewhat the rate in which he was).. thus the score is still 3-2

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You don't give snit much credit.. and I can point out some statements made here that would dispute your theory as well.. 

He doesn't deserve much credit. What has he done to deserve so much credit? Have I been wrong? Yeah, sure. Have I been right a lot? HelI yes. But whatever. Not worth getting into it again with you because its just not worth it.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He doesn't deserve much credit. What has he done to deserve so much credit? Have I been wrong? Yeah, sure. Have I been right a lot? HelI yes. But whatever. Not worth getting into it again with you because its just not worth it.

Agreed on the latter

Edited by TheTrue7

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

For example, if Dickey stayed in and bunted we still don't score a run and don't give up a run (assuming Dickey continued at somewhat the rate in which he was).. thus the score is still 3-2

I wouldn't have bunted because I hate bunting. I hate bunting because bunting has been proven to LOWER a team's chances of scoring. I would have let Dickey swing it because he's already gotten 2 hits this year and 3 RBIs and has proven he's not completely lost at the plate. If he hits into a double play, then he hits into a double play. But my chances of him getting a hit are higher than they are with Bonifacio and everything is about percentages in baseball. You make the decisions that have the highest possible percentage that favors your team. That's why it's not hard to be a manager when talking about the strategic part of the job.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I wouldn't have bunted because I hate bunting. I hate bunting because bunting has been proven to LOWER a team's chances of scoring. I would have let Dickey swing it because he's already gotten 2 hits this year and 3 RBIs and has proven he's not completely lost at the plate. If he hits into a double play, then he hits into a double play. But my chances of him getting a hit are higher than they are with Bonifacio and everything is about percentages in baseball. You make the decisions that have the highest possible percentage that favors your team. That's why it's not hard to be a manager when talking about the strategic part of the job.

In all that you're relying on a pitcher to get a hit.. those aren't great odds, even with you feeling it is.. same score you just managed us to.. unless Dickey gives up more runs

Edited by TheTrue7

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

In all that you're relying on a pitcher to get a hit.. those aren't great odds, even with you feeling it is.. same score you just managed us to.. unless Dickey gives up more runs

Got a higher chance of Dickey getting a hit than Bonifacio.

Well, that was a disappointing series. Still had a winning record on this home stand though, 4-3. 

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Got a higher chance of Dickey getting a hit than Bonifacio.

Can't argue that.. but either swinging the bat was not a good call