BirdFan33

We are expected to open the season at home on SNF

62 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, coastiemike said:

It's going to be the Cowboys.  They generate the most ratings nationwide. They have the two most talked about players last season.

And with Dez saying they would/could have beat us. 

50 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Man how I would love to open the new stadium by stomping the saints in prime time in front of a national audience....but agree with others it will be the pack or the boys possibly the seahawks

Isnt the Seattle game in Seattle again ?   Im thinking will be GreenBay too.

As a Falcon fan I would love to see the Saints.  Unfortunately I feel that our rivalry is one of the best rivalries that nobody but the teams involved care about and it I'd guess it would be a team with a bigger draw like GB or Dallas as others have mentioned.  In which case, bring on America's team would like to see them start the season with an L and the best way to make that happen is do it ourselves!

I would love it for it to be Green Bay because I cant stand Rodgers and would love to humiliate them again. 

If its the Cowboys, cool. I want to see how our defense goes up against Elliot and Prescott. 

I think it will be the Panthers.  

The NFL brass loves the Packers too much to let them be humiliated 2 games in a row on prime time.  

On 4/16/2017 at 5:47 AM, BirdFan33 said:

Looks like the Pats will host KC and we will host our first game on Sunday night in week one. Can't wait to see who we play. 

Per PFT

On 4/16/2017 at 5:47 AM, BirdFan33 said:

Looks like the Pats will host KC and we will host our first game on Sunday night in week one. Can't wait to see who we play. 

Per PFT

Here is the logic:

It had to be a playoff team or a team with a winning record from last year to be featured on SNF.

The Patriots are eliminated because it is already reported they will play Kansas as their opening game. 

The obvious choices are Green Bay, Dallas, and Seattle. 

My bet is on Green Bay, and then Dallas. It will not be an NFC South because none of them made it to the playoffs. 

Matt Ryan v Aaron Rodgers makes sense. The Falcons will have two SNF games, Two MNF, and one TNF game. They will be featured with one national game on Fox. 

The two SNF games will probably Green Bay and New England. The Fox national game could be Seattle or Dallas. MNF game could feature the Saints and the Bucs. The TNF game could be a against the Panthers or Jets. 

2 hours ago, stingbee said:

Here is the logic:

It had to be a playoff team or a team with a winning record from last year to be featured on SNF.

The Patriots are eliminated because it is already reported they will play Kansas as their opening game. 

The obvious choices are Green Bay, Dallas, and Seattle. 

My bet is on Green Bay, and then Dallas. It will not be an NFC South because none of them made it to the playoffs. 

Matt Ryan v Aaron Rodgers makes sense. The Falcons will have two SNF games, Two MNF, and one TNF game. They will be featured with one national game on Fox. 

The two SNF games will probably Green Bay and New England. The Fox national game could be Seattle or Dallas. MNF game could feature the Saints and the Bucs. The TNF game could be a against the Panthers or Jets. 

Well the Patriots are eliminated because that's an away game for us, and they say it's going to be a home game for us. 

It won't be Seattle because that's an away game. 

It will be Dallas or Packers due to the number of eyes that will watch the matchup. It will be the one they think will draw the most viewers, thus more money. So it will be Dallas. And if I'm wrong on that, it will be the Packers. I think we can forget about the Saints or any other team. They just don't have the draw Dallas does, then the Packers. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't Dallas. 

On 4/16/2017 at 9:38 AM, Jesus said:

Get ready for 60 mins of amazing Collinsworth commentary about how great the new stadium is. 

along with how great the QB for the other team is......

General rule: I don't read PFT.

That said, a fair point is made about it being GB or Dallas for our home opener.  I still am not sure we don't open in NE to start it off for that Thursday game and get the home opener in week 2 though.  Is KC going to be a bigger draw than a SB rematch?

2 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

General rule: I don't read PFT.

That said, a fair point is made about it being GB or Dallas for our home opener.  I still am not sure we don't open in NE to start it off for that Thursday game and get the home opener in week 2 though.  Is KC going to be a bigger draw than a SB rematch?

I can see a scenario where we have our home opener on sunday night and then have the rematch week 2 monday or Sunday night

On Sun Apr 16 2017 at 7:19 PM, fuego said:

When did he say that

Posted (edited)

I have to admit I'm hyped about the upcoming schedule release.

I don't remember feeling this pumped waiting for the new schedule after our first SuperBowl. We faced Minnesota at home in the FOX 4:00 game. We lost 14-7 or something like that to open the  1999 season, and then we traveled to Dallas for game 2 on MNF. That game basically struck a death-blow to the rest of the '99 season. It was all over when Jamal went down.

It's funny how one tries to delude themselves into believing everything will be okay after a team-traumatic injury like that. So many of us back them kept thinking Ken Oxendine could carry on. That didn't last long.

And the same with Doug Johnson when Vick went down in the 2003 preseason. Wish there was a way to know how the 2003 season would have played out if Vick had not missed most of the season. Perhaps they make a return trip to the playoffs, Dan Reeves doesn't get fired, and Jim Mora Jr. NEVER even gets the opportunity to coach the Falcons.

Edited by middlegatv

29 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I can see a scenario where we have our home opener on sunday night and then have the rematch week 2 monday or Sunday night

Yea, I think we're looking at both (our home  opener and the Pats game) as nationally televised for sure.

On 4/16/2017 at 7:19 PM, fuego said:

they didn't beat that GB defense, what's Dez think they would have done against us? they sure weren't going to hang with our offense, that's for sure. We'll find out this year, eh?  

middlegatv likes this

16 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

When did he say that

5 minutes ago, papachaz said:

they didn't beat that GB defense, what's Dez think they would have done against us? they sure weren't going to hang with our offense, that's for sure. We'll find out this year, eh?  

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-says-the-cowboys-are-the-only-team-that-couldve-beaten-the-falcons/