Sipifalcon

O.J. Howard visiting

81 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2017 at 9:32 PM, Vandy said:

If we're truly going BPA, I wouldn't  mind another TE (Engram or Everett or whoever) to pair with Hooper. A very deep draft at TE.

gonna be a fun draft my friend.

Yep, I believe it's my favorite time of the year.

Vandy likes this

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Alabama didn't utilize Julio either and I think he turned out OK. 

Not a good comparison.

DogIsYourName likes this

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, kiwifalcon said:

I've heard stuff like he doesn't block which is BS I've seen plenty of film where this guy blocks.He would kill it in this offense.

He can block. He was awful he first two years but he obviously progressed. The thing most people aren't realizing is how underutilized he truly was at Bama. He should have been getting 5 to 6 targets a game at minimum, but kiffin just didn't go for it. We had new qbs 3/4 years and we relied a lot on the run and bubble screens. Plus Amari cooper had almost a million catches in 2014 which took away from OJ's production. I love OJ and as a Bama fan am glad for what he did at the university, but I would be a little upset if we traded up for him. I think he would flourish in this offense, but I think we also have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball

kiwifalcon likes this

On 4/14/2017 at 8:31 PM, SamMills51 said:

The next thing that comes to mind:

How to destroy your future part 2.0: Waste draft capital and the future on a TE. 

You mean like the Panthers?  Your TE was drafted with the exact same pick we have.

falconsd56 likes this

5 hours ago, jtwade said:

He can block. He was awful he first two years but he obviously progressed. The thing most people aren't realizing is how underutilized he truly was at Bama. He should have been getting 5 to 6 targets a game at minimum, but kiffin just didn't go for it. We had new qbs 3/4 years and we relied a lot on the run and bubble screens. Plus Amari cooper had almost a million catches in 2014 which took away from OJ's production. I love OJ and as a Bama fan am glad for what he did at the university, but I would be a little upset if we traded up for him. I think he would flourish in this offense, but I think we also have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball

I actually think after seeing this guy block he could be very well utilised in this scheme that's why I like him over all the others because he could be usd as tha 6th o-lineman and in a stretch scheme like ours where they are asked to run and pull he could well be a good asset to have in that regard.