Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Legendary SB

Star Wars Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

22 posts in this topic

Teaser trailers don't show much but it already looks better than Force Awakens in my opinion.  That said TFA isn't hard to beat as long as they have an at least somewhat original story in TLJ.  

SacFalcFan likes this

So the "Jedi have to die".

Anyone want to read into that one?

I took that to mean that Yoda's version of what a Jedi is supposed to be needs to die. Even Yoda realized he was a fault for his Jedi getting aced by only two Sith because he was teaching them to fight a 1000 year old war. I'm thinking that Luke has tapped more into Grey Jedi teachings, to incoporate the Light and the Dark Side into a new Jedi philosophy/teaching.

But we'll see. 

19 minutes ago, Statick said:

I took that to mean that Yoda's version of what a Jedi is supposed to be needs to die. Even Yoda realized he was a fault for his Jedi getting aced by only two Sith because he was teaching them to fight a 1000 year old war. I'm thinking that Luke has tapped more into Grey Jedi teachings, to incoporate the Light and the Dark Side into a new Jedi philosophy/teaching.

But we'll see. 

In other words, they would be Jith's.

13 hours ago, Nereek said:

In other words, they would be Jith's.

Does that mean that Luke Jith'd himself.  Or is he looking to share his Jith with Rey?

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Does that mean that Luke Jith'd himself.  Or is he looking to share his Jith with Rey?

Luke gonna have to fight finn for Rey.

On 04/15/2017 at 3:28 PM, Statick said:

But we'll see. 

I hate to be "that guy", but the line is "It's time for the Jedi to end". Either way, I have a feeling that Luke plans to end the Jedi Order while still practicing the Force.

Why should the Jedi end? To stop young Jedi from going to the dark side? 

I don't get it. Granted, I grew up with the EU novels and particularly enjoyed the books about Luke's training academy with Han and Leia's children training under him. 

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Why should the Jedi end? To stop young Jedi from going to the dark side? 

I don't get it. Granted, I grew up with the EU novels and particularly enjoyed the books about Luke's training academy with Han and Leia's children training under him. 

Probably. I think the argument is going to be that by trying to suppress the dark side, it leads to some being seduced by it. By trying to suppress and eradicate the Sith/Dark side of the force, they end up creating the thing that destroys them. True balance is allowing both sides to exist and using both sides for good. Like the Gray Jedi. 

Statick and Skeetbird like this

10 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Probably. I think the argument is going to be that by trying to suppress the dark side, it leads to some being seduced by it. By trying to suppress and eradicate the Sith/Dark side of the force, they end up creating the thing that destroys them. True balance is allowing both sides to exist and using both sides for good. Like the Gray Jedi. 

That one shot of the books may be that Luke has found the Journal of the Whills, which is thousands of years old and predates the Jedi and the Sith. I'm of the opinion that, according to the Whills, he's found that Jedi philosophy has become askewed, that there's more to just the strict doctrine of just adhering to the Light Side.

GEORGIAfan likes this

13 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

I hate to be "that guy", but the line is "It's time for the Jedi to end". Either way, I have a feeling that Luke plans to end the Jedi Order while still practicing the Force.

I believe he's going to revise Jedi teachings.