slickgadawg

Eric Mangini..." Falcons great landing spot for Richard Sherman "...

214 posts in this topic

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Word is that Sherman wanted out, not that the Seahawks wanted HIM out

That would make a difference to me, LOL, as if I get to vote on it.

Just now, falconidae said:

That would make a difference to me, LOL, as if I get to vote on it.

Personally I'm just all for getting the team better. Sherman had by FAR the best years of his career with Quinn as his DC. And he's 29, not 33. The guy instantly would make this defense better. But, like most posters have pointed out, the Falcons don't really NEED him and I agree with that. However, if they are willing to give Sherman to us for Collins or Alford and a late rounder, they HAVE to make that trade. But I doubt the Seahawks take something like that 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Personally I'm just all for getting the team better. Sherman had by FAR the best years of his career with Quinn as his DC. And he's 29, not 33. The guy instantly would make this defense better. But, like most posters have pointed out, the Falcons don't really NEED him and I agree with that. However, if they are willing to give Sherman to us for Collins or Alford and a late rounder, they HAVE to make that trade. But I doubt the Seahawks take something like that 

Not for Alford, there's a 20 mil dead money cap hit if they Falcons trade him this year.

Don't see any way that a reasonable trade can work.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Not for Alford, there's a 20 mil dead money cap hit if they Falcons trade him this year.

Don't see any way that a reasonable trade can work.

I'm just saying in theory. The only 2 players in the secondary I wouldn't give up for Sherman are Trufant and Neal. I'm perfectly happy with the group of guys we got. But, that doesn't mean we can't get better

4 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Stepped on him or kicked him right?

Yes he stepped on him... Blatantly I think he also got a fine

This thread needed locked and circular filed after it was posted. How about discussing how Poe and Jarret will make the secondary's job easier with QB disruption? :tiphat:

34 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

We seem to waste gobs of time on remote possibilities.  I don't get all the wasted energy being spent on this extremely low possibility.  

It's called the off-season my friend

Kung-Pow and HASHBROWN3 like this

14 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Falcons need help NOW. Sherman and Trufant with Alford in the slot is a MONSTER defense.  Beasley and Poe would let them eat back there...

Related image

Alford would have to be the CB we traded, way to much cap between three dbs

Do we need him? I have to go with Deion on this answer: You can never have enough talented cbs. So, yeah you can always add capability and talent to the secondary. And, no I wouldn't trade Alford, Trufant or Collins.

Now will we trade for him? I haven't read anything mentioning it. But all the guys into hoarding draft picks, I have to disagree with saying Sherman isn't worth a pick. So for argument's sake, let's say we could get him for our 2nd rounder; how the heck is that not a good deal? You get a proven ALL-Pro CB that DQ knows and fits our system perfectly over an unproven rook. A second would be a great deal.

I can't really speak to the Salary cap--not a big contract guy. But if I read this right, http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/richard-sherman-7873/ Sherm is only under contract for 17 and 18 and will make $13M or so each year.

If and this a HUGE IF, we made the deal, i'm sure there are ways that TD could extend him to lower the cap hit or just outright consider him a 2 year rental. For whatever reason, we do well with the cap.

But all this stuff about his decline, his horrible attitude and all...i'm just not sure that i'm buying it...I am buying that Sherm is a great talent.

Again, while I highly doubt that we are in the mix for Sherm; I could certainly see why it's a great fit...Think about this for a minute: Trufant, Sherman, Alford, and Collins would be your top four cbs. that is insanely great. Literally, add an Edge and a FS in the draft and that's a helluva an off-season.

Back to hypotheticals, but a mock like:

Rd. 1 Obi (our new FS)

Rd 2 for Sherman

Rd 3 Demarcus Walker or Dashean Hall

Rd 4: Dawaune Smoot EDGE

That mock would make me happy. we now have  a long and athletic and physical secondary; and Rico and Poole are supersubs which give us even more depth in the secondary. And we still add a pass rusher.

Now assuming the BPA is an EDGE guy (I wouldn't mind that it is for the record)

Rd. 1: Derek Rivers Edge

Rd 2 Sherman

Rd 3 Marcus Maye, or even double dip and grab Walker or Hall

Rd. 4: Maybe Justin Evans for a developmental Safety (if we double dip early)

Seriously, would not be happy with that off-season haul when you add in the Poe and Crawford signings on top of all that?

@Knight of God would you be happy lol

I'd take him straight up for Alford or Alford and a late pick. He's only a year older and their salaries are comparable. The problem is we'd still be on the hook for the guaranteed money we gave Alford.

caponine likes this

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I can't really speak to the Salary cap--not a big contract guy. But if I read this right, http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/richard-sherman-7873/ Sherm is only under contract for 17 and 18 and will make $13M or so each year.

If and this a HUGE IF, we made the deal, i'm sure there are ways that TD could extend him to lower the cap hit or just outright consider him a 2 year rental. For whatever reason, we do well with the cap.

It would just be 11 mil a year-his prorated bonuses don't come with him.

Falcons would have to re-do his contract to get him under the cap this year anyway. 

4 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Do we need him? I have to go with Deion on this answer: You can never have enough talented cbs. So, yeah you can always add capability and talent to the secondary. And, no I wouldn't trade Alford, Trufant or Collins.

Now will we trade for him? I haven't read anything mentioning it. But all the guys into hoarding draft picks, I have to disagree with saying Sherman isn't worth a pick. So for argument's sake, let's say we could get him for our 2nd rounder; how the heck is that not a good deal? You get a proven ALL-Pro CB that DQ knows and fits our system perfectly over an unproven rook. A second would be a great deal.

But all this stuff about his decline, his horrible attitude and all...i'm just not sure that i'm buying it...I am buying that Sherm is a great talent.

Again, while I highly doubt that we are in the mix for Sherm; I could certainly see why it's a great fit...Think about this for a minute: Trufant, Sherman, Alford, and Collins would be your top four cbs. that is insanely great. Literally, add an Edge and a FS in the draft and that's a helluva an off-season.

Rd. 1 Obi (our new FS)

Rd 2 for Sherman

That mock would make me happy. we now have  a long and athletic and physical secondary; and Rico and Poole are supersubs which give us even more depth in the secondary. And we still add a pass rusher.

Rd 2 Sherman

Seriously, would not be happy with that off-season haul when you add in the Poe and Crawford signings on top of all that?

It wouldn't bother me

9 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Rd. 1 Obi (our new FS)

Rd 2 for Sherman

Rd 2 Sherman

Thats all i been saying... Sherman for a second and maybe Poole would work...

On 4/13/2017 at 1:32 PM, slickgadawg said:

Thats what the Falcon secondary, outside of Alford, did in the Superbowl... Barfed all over themselves...

Image result for brian poole beat super bowl

Yeah from being on the field forever. Also we signed Trufant who didn't play in the SB. How would we pay his contract? Really don't think were going to invest 150 mil in cbs,

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

It wouldn't bother me

It would when we can't pay Beasley because we have 150+ invested in 3 cbs