slickgadawg

Eric Mangini..." Falcons great landing spot for Richard Sherman "...

214 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The asking price is coming down...They can have Either Poole or Goodwin and a second if i were the Falcons...

LakanaImages.7695990.jpg

Former NFL coach Eric Mangini thinks if the Seahawks decide to trade cornerback Richard Sherman, a good fit could be Atlanta. 

On Fox Sports’ ‘Speak for Yourself’ on Wednesday, the Sherman trade rumors were discussed along with the report that the asking price for Sherman has dropped in negotiations with the Seahawks.

"To me, it's where's the relationship between (Seahawks coach Pete Carroll), the organization and Richard at this point? Has it gotten to where there's too much water under the bridge and they have to move on? And that might be why the price has come down. I also think that a great landing spot for him would be in Atlanta with Dan Quinn. That system, a coordinator who had him. If I see that trade take place, that to me makes a lot of sense,” Mangini said.

Falcons’ coach Dan Quinn served as the Seahawks’ defensive coordinator in 2013 and 2014.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/eric-mangini-falcons-great-landing-spot-for-sherman/0LgCOfMJNGqF5S3oYHTAiI/

Edited by slickgadawg
Knight of God likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

:barf:

Thats what the Falcon secondary, outside of Alford, did in the Superbowl... Barfed all over themselves...

Image result for brian poole beat super bowl

Edited by slickgadawg
arrogantBEAST likes this

these "experts" are so trash its crazy. They just think - oh yeah send Sherman to Atlanta cuz Quinn had him as a coordinator for Seattle.. not realizing we just signed our top two corners that we drafted togther as well as have a 2nd rounder in Collins who seems to be on the come up and a gem steal in Poole, oh and Goodwin, Olatoye both look solid too... idiots

1 minute ago, athell said:

lmao, the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title was literally "ugh...barf"

Seriously, why? :doh:

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

these "experts" are so trash its crazy. They just think - oh yeah send Sherman to Atlanta cuz Quinn had him as a coordinator for Seattle.. not realizing we just signed our top two corners that we drafted togther as well as have a 2nd rounder in Collins who seems to be on the come up and a gem steal in Poole, oh and Goodwin, Olatoye both look solid too... idiots

Falcons need help NOW. Sherman and Trufant with Alford in the slot is a MONSTER defense.  Beasley and Poe would let them eat back there...

Related image

caponine and Flying Falcon like this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Falcons need help NOW. Sherman and Trufant with Alford in the slot is a MONSTER defense.  Beasley and Poe would let them eat back there...

Related image

Now post the gifs of Sherman getting beat.  ****, you don't even need to look that far...just find all the gifs of Sherman getting beat by Julio and Roddy...I'll hang up and listen.

We don't need Sherman, you are delusional.

Drew4719, slimjim, Marco102 and 8 others like this

Posted (edited)

I'd be a lot fine with this actually, I wouldn't be mad if it was the right price 

Edited by caponine
slickgadawg likes this

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I wish you were a man of your word and quit being a fan like you said.

Seriously.  He keeps posting 28-3 in the other thread and I am convinced it represents the total number of posts to the number of posts that are worth reading of his.

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

I'd be a lot fine with this actually, I wouldn't be mad if it was the right price 

Sherman and Trufant on the outside. Alford in the slot. THEN, they draft either a top free safety or another defensive lineman with their first pick.  Think of how great that defense would be.  Quarterbacks wouldnt have anywhere to throw the ball and with the pressure that Beasley and Poe gonna bring, the Falcons would be a top 5 defense...

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

Just out of curiosity...morbid curiosity some would say...what do you intend to pay him with?  His cap hit this year is $13.6 million.  Last I checked we had a little over $4M in room, with a draft class to sign.

1)  The asking price, even if it is down a bit from where it started, will still be great and more than we could or should want to give

2)  We don't have the cap space

3)  Corner is our best position in terms of depth and quality depth

4)  Sherman is turning 30 next year

5)  Just **** no to this.  Do not want.

Edited by athell

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Sherman and Trufant on the outside. Alford in the slot. THEN, they draft either a top free safety or another defensive lineman with their first pick.  Think of how great that defense would be.  Quarterbacks wouldnt have anywhere to throw the ball and with the pressure that Beasley and Poe gonna bring, the Falcons would be a top 5 defense...

Exactly , Sherman was at his best when they had a great defensive line as well as any other great cb , we are starting to get a dominate defensive line . That would really be great . 

slickgadawg likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Just out of curiosity...morbid curiosity some would say...what do you intend to pay him with?  His cap hit this year is $13.6 million.  Last I checked we had a little over $4M in room, with a draft class to sign.

1)  The asking price, even if it is down a bit from where it started, will still be great and more than we could or should want to give

2)  We don't have the cap space

3)  Corner is our best position in terms of depth and quality depth

4)  Sherman is turning 30 next year

5)  Just **** no to this.  Do not want.

That's why I said if price was right but we know he won't . 

Edited by caponine
athell likes this

Posted (edited)

If we send Alford and a 3rd, Im all for it. Sherman and a good draft would make us SB favorites for the next few years.

He is only 1 year older than Alford.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

Exactly , Sherman was at his best when they had a great defensive line as well as any other great cb , we are starting to get a dominate defensive line . That would really be great . 

You just proved the point as to why not to do this.  We already have great cb's.  They will be at their best when we get a dominant defensive line, as you say we are starting to get.  By this theory (which I agree with) our dline that we are actively improving will improve the play of the secondary which basically makes this whole thread moot because if the dline is the key, why would we give up draft picks (that we would use for dline) for a corner?

Edited by athell
quickzero, caponine and hjerry like this

I understand not wanting Sherman because we don't really need him. But, posters need to stop with this "overrated" talk. Just because he's a tool doesn't mean he's not a stud. Sherman is a top 5 corner and would instantly upgrade any secondary. Alford and a draft pick and I'd be on board 

Reggie_Kelly likes this