Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Draftnut57

Name one player we don't need but you'd love to get.

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll say Sidney Jones just bc he will probably be available with our 2nd pick and when healthy is a top 15 talent. Hard to pass up bc you can never have too many corners or pass rushers 

Edited by rbrick28
Falcan Moore likes this

Well, you said a player we don't actually "need." I would have said Malik Hooker as my top choice, but he's the player we need the most out of this draft to make our defensive scheme actually work correctly -- yes even more than Garrett. Garrett would have been my 2nd choice, and we obviously have a huge need for another edge rusher, so he's out.

We are pretty set at TE with our top 2 and a solid developmental Joker TE in Perkins, and even a decent 4th TE in Tialavea. So I'll agree with the OP on OJ Howard. That guy is the closest thing to Gronk the NFL has seen, and he's going to be a beast if he gets to the right situation.

3 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Well in that case, I vote Leah Remini! lol

The skinny or thick version?

4 hours ago, Jerz said:

Apparently we don't need another off-ball linebacker in the first 5 rounds so I'd go with Jarrad Davis. I don't know why I like his game so much but I just feel he'd make our LB core the best in the league. Imagine having depth at LB as good as Campbell. Don't get me wrong I really like Campbell he has a very high ceiling and has contributed tremendously to the defense. It's just that LB is the most vulnerable position currently to season ending IR and holding the whole defense back. 

I think it's his intensity you love about him, Jerz, almost Mike Singletary-like. Davis is one of my 5 fav players in this draft.

Jerz and nolove4thecrook like this

Offense: Evan Engram- We need a seam splitting TE to pair with Hooper/Toilolo. this guy is a Mismatch for most LB's and Safetys

Defense: Reuben Foster -This guy is a Thumper he plays angry I love that shyt

Deshaun Watson.  Ryan has peaked and it's all downhill from here but it will take the FO three years to realize this.

Non-troll answer:  Jabril Peppers.  I know people think he's a swiss army knife but at the NFL level I see him as a SS-type more than anything and clearly we have that position covered.

Vandy likes this

He's Not a draft pick but Joann Gordon. I think he's in the Julio, Odell, Antonio class of receiver when he plays, and he's training harder than ever. Worst case is he's suspended. Best case is another Julio. It's never happen though.

TE OJ Howard

SS Jamal Adams

WR Mike Williams 

LB Jarrad Davis

QB Deshaun Watson 

14 hours ago, Vandy said:

I think it's his intensity you love about him, Jerz, almost Mike Singletary-like. Davis is one of my 5 fav players in this draft.

Yeah that is most likely it. Dude just looks like he was born to play LB.

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, InsideTheLines said:

Dalvin Cook

I agree - Dalvin Cook is going to be the best RB of this draft unless he ends up on the Browns or something like that.  He can create 70 yard runs out of nothing and is great as a receiver also.  He's a better RB than McCaffrey and translates better to our team than someone like Fournette, who mostly runs behind a FB.