Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheTrue7

Atlanta Hawks Playoff Thread

460 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

Well who you want to relieve Dennis, Jose or Kant? Lol

It wasn't really playing Jose.. more why so long 

Bud had been prone to some pretty ****** rotations/playing the wrong guys even when we were a conteder. 

He needs to figure that ish out. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

3 minutes ago, WOR said:

Bud had been prone to some pretty ****** rotations/playing the wrong guys even when we were a conteder. 

He needs to figure that ish out. 

When no one is hitting shots consistently (including starters), it's always gonna be hit or miss. The one thing I do like is that Bud goes with the hot hand regardless of who it is.

Drew4719 and jayu70 like this

10 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Yeah, basically. I'm really tired of pretending that this team is some kind of championship caliber team loaded with talent. It's not. Wizards from top to bottom are the better team.

You can keep blaming Coach Bud if you want, but just know that without him, this team IS NOT a playoff team.

You telling me all this horrible shooting and lackadaisical effort is just Bud? We got bailed out by the refs tonight, otherwise this is a blowout.

sub pattern was bad and the new starting 5 i am not a fan of prince is not a nba starter right now

9 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Trying to figure out how Bazemore received a 70 million dollar contract

coach bud loves him

4 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

coach bud loves him

Just wish we could get someone who can play defense AND shoot the ball efficiently.

3 of our starters Dwight, Millsap and Thjr haven't been winning or even matching their counterparts.

We can't throw it into the post to Dwight because for the most part Gortat is outplaying him on both ends. Dwight isn't doing much to help Dennis in PnR defense. Won't set one decent screen on offense.

We move the ball better without Dwight but then we can't rebound.

Thjr has been struggling big time. 

Players are supposed to up their games in the playoffs - they aren't.

Here is my issue. When guys are not performing sit their azzes down. Coach sits Dwight but plays bazemore, wtf. Not saying Dwight is tearing it up but keep it consistent. I would play bembry before bazemore. This is why I put the blame on Coach Bud as well because you have to be willing to play different combinations if guys are sucking. Guard play has to improve because Wall and Beal are straight abusing our guards. If they decide to play defense, trust me the offense will start to improve.

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

3 of our starters Dwight, Millsap and Thjr haven't been winning or even matching their counterparts.

We can't throw it into the post to Dwight because for the most part Gortat is outplaying him on both ends. Dwight isn't doing much to help Dennis in PnR defense. Won't set one decent screen on offense.

Saw Mike Glenn said hawks are 6-18 when Howard gets 6 or fewer shots.. I'm not saying he's playing well because I don't think but maybe 2 guys are playing decent even, but to be sat for the entire 4th, in which the Wiz scored 36 or so points.. didn't like it.. the group that finished the third and started the fourth was on the court too long.. and Baze finishing the game instead of well anyone but namely Prince, inexcusable.. 

58 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Here is my issue. When guys are not performing sit their azzes down. Coach sits Dwight but plays bazemore, wtf. Not saying Dwight is tearing it up but keep it consistent. I would play bembry before bazemore. This is why I put the blame on Coach Bud as well because you have to be willing to play different combinations if guys are sucking. Guard play has to improve because Wall and Beal are straight abusing our guards. If they decide to play defense, trust me the offense will start to improve.

Heard after the final game Howard was seen in a wrap for his back.. and being he DOMINATED Gortat during the regular season, I'm wondering if that's an issue.. 

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Saw Mike Glenn said hawks are 6-18 when Howard gets 6 or fewer shots.. I'm not saying he's playing well because I don't think but maybe 2 guys are playing decent even, but to be sat for the entire 4th, in which the Wiz scored 36 or so points.. didn't like it.. the group that finished the third and started the fourth was on the court too long.. and Baze finishing the game instead of well anyone but namely Prince, inexcusable.. 

Heard after the final game Howard was seen in a wrap for his back.. and being he DOMINATED Gortat during the regular season, I'm wondering if that's an issue.. 

I don't know but I heard Coach Bud's post game speech and I feel like he doesn't have a damm clue what to do with this team. He claims that since Washington went small he countered with a small lineup for spacing for the shooters.

8 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I don't know but I heard Coach Bud's post game speech and I feel like he doesn't have a damm clue what to do with this team. He claims that since Washington went small he countered with a small lineup for spacing for the shooters.

Dunleavy playing before Thabo or even bembry..

moose and Baze finishing the game... 

hes definitely not helping matters

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dunleavy playing before Thabo or even bembry..

moose and Baze finishing the game... 

hes definitely not helping matters

Yep I know guys are blaming the players but just like I mentioned above he has to find the right rotations that gives him a balance of offense and defense. Guys not playing well sit them down.

6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yep I know guys are blaming the players but just like I mentioned above he has to find the right rotations that gives him a balance of offense and defense. Guys not playing well sit them down.

Some of the blame is warranted.. there are no exceptions from top to bottom.. wins and losses are team stats.. 

but they've been inconsistent all year.. all we can do is hope they right the ship.. if not, well, go Braves.. 

:shrug:

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

8 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Just wish we could get someone who can play defense AND shoot the ball efficiently.

agree 

5 hours ago, jayu70 said:

dennis makes me miss jeff  hard for me to say

On 4/19/2017 at 10:07 PM, JerseyNo12 said:

Yeah, basically. I'm really tired of pretending that this team is some kind of championship caliber team loaded with talent. It's not. Wizards from top to bottom are the better team.

You can keep blaming Coach Bud if you want, but just know that without him, this team IS NOT a playoff team.

You telling me all this horrible shooting and lackadaisical effort is just Bud? We got bailed out by the refs tonight, otherwise this is a blowout.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you're good for 10 straight years - you don't get the high picks to add upper level young talent. The Hawks only have one top 10 pick on the team and he's 31 years old and on his fourth team. The Wizards have two top 5 picks who have become total studs in their primes. That's why I was really hoping they would miss the playoffs and maybe sneak away with the #9 overall pick or so. 

If they did miss they'd only get a pick around 11-14,  too tough to fall in the top 5, unless there's a good trade partner.

We have a lotto pick in Prince, but didn't get good run til April.

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 9:21 PM, UGABOZ said:

dennis makes me miss jeff  hard for me to say

The Teague who choked against the Cavs last game with that big comeback. He missed all his shots in the 4th - I'll pass.

Dennis isn't the problem, what's NOT behind him is, an adequate backup PG.

Dennis and Prince are the only 2 players from the starting line uo playing playoff basketball.

2 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Off to a better start defensively and offensively, got to keep it up. draining 3's Prince,Dennis, and Hardaway early

That's our core to build around.

Drew4719 likes this