OC

Falcons Looking to Complement Neal in Draft

74 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Invite me to the draft, Atlanta Falcons!  I will compliment Keanu all night!

"Keanu, you played so well last year, you really are a great player!"

"Keanu, your lifting regimen is really working...you look great!"

"Keanu, your hair is on point, who is your barber?"

I can do this all weekend...

...:huh:

Adoree Jackson. This guy will be a bonafide stud in our system at FS. Malik Hooker is the best FS in this class for our cover 3 system but Jackson isnt far behind. He would have to be willing to make the transition to safety 

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

What does complement mean? With the reference to Ishmael to me it kinda sounds like they are looking for another SS.

Compliment as in a FS to pair opposite him. No way we take another SS when we just drafted Neal last year.

arrogantBEAST likes this

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Is this the first mention of Ishmael moving to LB full time?

Hey played great as a $back when we were short a couple LB this past season. 

Wouldn't be mad at full time move. 

Edited by ICD

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Some sense. Finally

I really am a big Rico fan but I'm becoming more and more convinced that if we take Baker and close down the back end. Combine that with the pressure we're going to create with our front four, we could be pretty good on defense. Our own Legion of Boom (Trufant, Collins, Alford, Neal, and Baker to go along with guys like Poole, Rico, and Ishmael. And a front 4 with guys like Poe, Jarrett, Clayborn, and Beasley.

Pass rusher in the 2nd. And you're in business.

Edited by ShanghaiDirtyBird

8 minutes ago, ICD said:

Hey played great as a $back when we were short a couple LB this past season. 

Wouldn't be mad at full time move. 

I like the move because he did play well at WLB, it shores up our LB depth, and he's probably better suited, athletically, as a backup LB than S at this point.  I wonder if he'll get to keep #36 like Deone Buchanan wears #20 for the cardinals. 

24 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

What does complement mean? - FS or another SS? With the reference to Ishmael to me it kinda sounds like they are looking for another SS.

That's what I was wondering as well

6 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I really am a big Rico fan but I'm becoming more and more convinced that if we take Baker and close down the back end. Combine that with the pressure we're going to create with our front four, we could be pretty good on defense. Our own Legion of Boom (Trufant, Collins, Alford, Neal, and Baker to go along with guys like Poole, Rico, and Ishmael. And a front 4 with guys like Poe, Jarrett, Clayborn, and Beasley.

Pass rusher in the 2nd. And you're in business.

More big defensive plays. 

45 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

What does complement mean? - FS or another SS? With the reference to Ishmael to me it kinda sounds like they are looking for another SS.

That's how I read it. If Ishmael is going to linebacker full time, then surely we have a need at at backup SS.

Posted (edited)

After Hooker I think the 2 best FS prospects for our system are Bubba Baker and Marcus Williams unless we convert a corner like Jackson. Poole or Alford could be candidates on our current roster to convert over to FS. 

Edited by rbrick28

58 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Adoree Jackson. This guy will be a bonafide stud in our system at FS. Malik Hooker is the best FS in this class for our cover 3 system but Jackson isnt far behind. He would have to be willing to make the transition to safety 

I doubt Adoree will fall too far now that Sidney Jones has a torn Achilles.

youngbloodz likes this