Hope the Falcons watched the Tar Heels tonight

53 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

O yes I'm sure the Falcons were just ******* glued in their chairs taking notes

is it ******* training camp yet?! 

Hahahahahahahahah!!! +1

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

5 hours ago, The Great American said:

Hard to believe those were the two best teams in college basketball.  That game was sloppy and very forgettable.

Yep. Most poorly-played championship game I ever saw. 

And regarding the original point of this thread....HUH? :huh:

The Great American likes this

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don't know if you ever played basketball before but it's a little different than football. In basketball you can score 10+ points in only a minute 

Right, but blowin the Super Bowl like we did is like if unc blew a 40 point lead haha

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Yep. Most poorly-played championship game I ever saw. 

And regarding the original point of this thread....HUH? :huh:

You are aware that UNC blew it in the NCAA Championship game last year, right? If not, that's what happened. They had it in the bag, and then watched it slip away... just like the Falcons did in the Super Bowl.

Despite the odds, they fought hard... yes, it was sloppy at times, but it's sports not a beauty contest, so the results are what matters... and they made it back to the Championship game. Knowing they blew an opportunity the year before, and in a game that could've easily gone the other way, they did not cave in to that pressure. They held in there, made a few key plays when they needed it most, and they got the win that eluded them the year before.

I imagine we all hope the Falcons can have a similar path this season. It's rare,because it's incredibly hard to do no matter what sport or what level, but UNC showed you can bounce back the next season. The Falcons can use that as motivation. That was the point.

birdz4i and Godzilla1985 like this

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, k-train said:

You are aware that UNC blew it in the NCAA Championship game last year, right? If not, that's what happened. They had it in the bag, and then watched it slip away... just like the Falcons did in the Super Bowl.

Despite the odds, they fought hard... yes, it was sloppy at times, but it's sports not a beauty contest, so the results are what matters... and they made it back to the Championship game. Knowing they blew an opportunity the year before, and in a game that could've easily gone the other way, they did not cave in to that pressure. They held in there, made a few key plays when they needed it most, and they got the win that eluded them the year before.

I imagine we all hope the Falcons can have a similar path this season. It's rare,because it's incredibly hard to do no matter what sport or what level, but UNC showed you can bounce back the next season. The Falcons can use that as motivation. That was the point.

Thank you and that was the point of the thread.   I never understand why people get their ****ed panties in a wad over an encouraging thread that makes a very relevant point.

Edited by Godzilla1985
k-train likes this

51 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Right, but blowin the Super Bowl like we did is like if unc blew a 40 point lead haha

2 different sports, 2 different concepts

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

2 different sports, 2 different concepts

Doesnt matter. You find motivation in places other than in the exact thing you do. I mean Quinn brought in a team of ex-Navy Seals... you could make the same "2 different things" statement about that, but that does not change the fact that is was effective in motivating & inspiring the team.

Godzilla1985 likes this

32 minutes ago, k-train said:

Doesnt matter. You find motivation in places other than in the exact thing you do. I mean Quinn brought in a team of ex-Navy Seals... you could make the same "2 different things" statement about that, but that does not change the fact that is was effective in motivating & inspiring the team.

If he needs college students to motivate grown men, something is wrong with his approach period

Maybe he'll watch the NBA finals if the Cavs and GSW play again and hope GSW wins so he'll know how to avenge a loss from the previous season...:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If he needs college students to motivate grown men, something is wrong with his approach period

You can't see the forest for the trees dude.  The point being made is the parallel of having came so close to a chip only to come up short (something that can damage the psyche of a team) then coming back & finishing what they started the following year.  You're too hung up on it being basketball vs football.

Bobby.Digital likes this

I don't know why some of y'all are acting like this is some crazy thread. We know that Quinn has visited and spoke with Steve Kerr and Terry Francona, Him watching or speaking to Roy Williams wouldn't be crazy....**** it would fit the pattern.

Bobby.Digital and Godzilla1985 like this

24 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Smh. 

17 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I don't know why some of y'all are acting like this is some crazy thread. We know that Quinn has visited and spoke with Steve Kerr and Terry Francona, Him watching or speaking to Roy Williams wouldn't be crazy....**** it would fit the pattern.

It would actually be even more relevant to our situation. 

Godzilla1985 and Jpowers like this

17 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

You can't see the forest for the trees dude.  The point being made is the parallel of having came so close to a chip only to come up short (something that can damage the psyche of a team) then coming back & finishing what they started the following year.  You're too hung up on it being basketball vs football.

That's good and all but reality speaking it's 2 different sets of circumstances. Not only that, every single year people here have to pull something from another sport to use as an inspirational tool for this team. When will it stop

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Half of his d is one year removed from being college students.

middlegatv and Godzilla1985 like this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

So play the most sloppy game you possibly can play, Hope & Pray the other team plays worse and then you get the trophy. got cha!

Well, if this ends up winning us the next Super Bowl, sign me up.

Peyton's first SuperBowl win was one of the worst SuperBowls.

A wise, old, crazy man once said "Just win, baby."

Edited by middlegatv

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Well, if this ends up winning us the next Super Bowl, sign me up.

Peyton's first SuperBowl win was one of the worst SuperBowls.

A wise, old, crazy man once said "Just win, baby."

True, I will take any championship but not sure last night was the blueprint we would want to follow.

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17

4 hours ago, k-train said:

Half of his d is one year removed from being college students.

Inaccurate

11 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

So play the most sloppy game you possibly can play, Hope & Pray the other team plays worse and then you get the trophy. got cha!

So how are we supposed to follow the UNC plan if the Tarheels just copied the plan the Patriots already used against us? :huh:

I hate being compared to other teams. First it was Green Bay, then it was Seattle, Broncos, Patriots, and Tar Heels? This is dumb. We all want our team to be successful, but this stuff is for the birds.

Ezekiel 25:17 and ya_boi_j like this