Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

April 2017 UGA Recruiting Thread

69 posts in this topic

pittman lost us wray and kirby lost us adam anderson who is going to be a freaking beast at the next level.  horrible recruiting job by this staff so far.. 

You guys lost Anderson cause UGA didnt offer JaMarcus Chatman. Offer him and you probably get Anderson. Chatman was a lock to Miami but we arent on Anderson. Rome guys want to play together 

Carter and VA F.O. like this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

You guys lost Anderson cause UGA didnt offer JaMarcus Chatman. Offer him and you probably get Anderson. Chatman was a lock to Miami but we arent on Anderson. Rome guys want to play together 

no excuse not to offer chatman.. he has what 50 offers.. he is an sec level player who is going to be a heck of a prospect.  we need dline help bad and it was a complete failure by kirby.  he is getting worked on the recruiting trail and the only 2018 commit we have right now will flip to miami if they really go after him. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

no excuse not to offer chatman.. he has what 50 offers.. he is an sec level player who is going to be a heck of a prospect.  we need dline help bad and it was a complete failure by kirby.  he is getting worked on the recruiting trail and the only 2018 commit we have right now will flip to miami if they really go after him. 

I'm at a lost to why Kirby wont offer Chatman. Him and Anderson whipped Buford's butt in the title game. 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I'm at a lost to why Kirby wont offer Chatman. Him and Anderson whipped Buford's butt in the title game. 

there is no reasoning to not offer chatman.. he offers him a month ago and we are talking about having 3 total dline commits, but he didn't.. adam anderson is going to be an all sec player early in his career.. he is that good.. i am sick to my stomach at the failure of this coaching staff.  no excuse to lose adam anderson to lsu who hasn't done jack in years.  no freaking excuse. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

there is no reasoning to not offer chatman.. he offers him a month ago and we are talking about having 3 total dline commits, but he didn't.. adam anderson is going to be an all sec player early in his career.. he is that good.. i am sick to my stomach at the failure of this coaching staff.  no excuse to lose adam anderson to lsu who hasn't done jack in years.  no freaking excuse. 

Mind blowing man. Anderson will be a stud like you said. And Chatman will be a nice player too

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Mind blowing man. Anderson will be a stud like you said. And Chatman will be a nice player too

i just hope miami doesn't go after our last remaining 2018 commit.. if you guys do he won't be a dawg.  same here man.. i thought for sure we would have offered chatman a while ago, but the staff failed in doing so.  it's just mind boggling seeing such a failure so far this class.  again no excuse losing adam anderson. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

i just hope miami doesn't go after our last remaining 2018 commit.. if you guys do he won't be a dawg.  same here man.. i thought for sure we would have offered chatman a while ago, but the staff failed in doing so.  it's just mind boggling seeing such a failure so far this class.  again no excuse losing adam anderson. 

I dont think we will. He isnt on our top 10 board from what i know and hear. But you never know. We have i think 1 lb commit in 2018.  Maybe Kirby will come to his senses. Cause that's a major fail. Rome has some studs coming up from what I'm hearing. Definitely need to keep that relationship 

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I dont think we will. He isnt on our top 10 board from what i know and hear. But you never know. We have i think 1 lb commit in 2018.  Maybe Kirby will come to his senses. Cause that's a major fail. Rome has some studs coming up from what I'm hearing. Definitely need to keep that relationship 

yeah rome's coach was clear those 3 guys wanted to play together and that was something they didn't waiver on from the very beginning.  i am not a fan of "package" deals unless the players can compete at the SEC level and all 3 of those rome players can.  someone that is pretty knowledgeable of our recruiting said the decommitment on the day of G-Day was not a coincidence and was a message that was being sent to our staff.  sounds like a lot has went on behind the scenes and we lost adam anderson and i don't see that changing. 

5 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yeah rome's coach was clear those 3 guys wanted to play together and that was something they didn't waiver on from the very beginning.  i am not a fan of "package" deals unless the players can compete at the SEC level and all 3 of those rome players can.  someone that is pretty knowledgeable of our recruiting said the decommitment on the day of G-Day was not a coincidence and was a message that was being sent to our staff.  sounds like a lot has went on behind the scenes and we lost adam anderson and i don't see that changing. 

Yeah i dont think that was a coincidence either. That was to send a message 

SacFalcFan likes this

This is b/c we slow played Jamarcus Chatman. We tried to keep only Adam Anderson, and refused to offer any of his teammates, and in the end, his teammates flipped him to the same school that they were committing to.

In a year, in which we have two total recruits, one of them, and the only one that we had in the state of GA, flipped to an SEC rival on mother f****ing G-Day! :bang:

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

The word was that we wanted Anderson, but we didn't want Chatman, b/c we were reserving his spot for higher ranked prospects who were taking/were going to take longer to recruit.

Now we get neither, and if we want both or either of them now, we'll probably have to offer the third kid, Jaquon Griffin too.

And again, since I can't seem to get over this, on G-Day! Aaaaaaaaaah!

This is an embarrassment. 

We have got to get back to basics here. This whole recruiting cycle imo, has screamed of arrogance. Like, we think that we're big **** now, and we can just take whoever we want, and just ignore these low ranked but talented GA prospects, in favor of the more highly recruited out of state players. 

I seem to recall that when Kirby came in, the push was to shutdown GA, to make UGA the school for UGA players to come, stay in state, play in state, and win a championship in state. Now we're, only one year in, getting away from that, and betraying a lot of the in state talent, and it's coming back to bite us.

You know, the day may come, when we can be Alabama, or Ohio St, and care less about in state talent, and just go around getting whoever we want, but one top 3 recruiting class doesn't do that. That is built over time, and done when you show that you are a consistent winner. We're not there yet.

There are plenty of kids in state that want to, and like the idea of playing for the home team. They may not get you the #1 class, but if you start winning, that too will come in time.

I'm just wondering.. have any of these kids in the 2018 class actually signed a LOI yet? So why is everyone so worried? Until they sign the dotted line, aren't they still up for grabs?

42 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Sorry this just doesn't do much after the decommit today

JdIXVPt.gif

I dunno man... our kicking has been terrible. Camarda is pretty legit.

It's not Adam Anderson, but he is going to help us win some games.

95Dawg likes this