Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Csdabest

Ongoing Falcons Super Bowl jokes

51 posts in this topic

It's just human nature. In general, when they can't move past it and keep making jokes about it, it's just a way to mask their fear or hide their own failures. Other than the Pats, not other teams have every right to say anything about us. We are still the NFC Reigning Champion! Yes we lost in SB51, (though I still can't bring myself to watch it), but remember, how many NFL all time records did we break last season? 

• Won the NFC South division title for the first time since 2012. 
  • Ranked first in the NFL in total points (540) and second in total offense (415.8 yards per game). 
  • Set a franchise record and ranked second in the NFL with 4,944 passing yards.MATT RYAN  QB
  • Ryan has six seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards, the most seasons in franchise history. He also owns the top six passing yardage seasons in team history.
  • WR JULIO JONES ranked second in the NFL with 1,409 receiving yards, his fourth season with at least 1,000 receiving yards, tied for the second most in franchise history.
  • In Week 4, became the first team in NFL history to have a 500-yard passer (Ryan, 503) and a 300-yard receiver (Jones, 300) in the same game. 
  • Jones’ 300 receiving yards and Ryan’s 503 passing yards both set franchise single-game records.
  • MATT RYAN completing passes to 13 different receivers this season,  an all time record held by Tom Brady in 2005 with 12 different receivers

Teams are intimidated by us (yeah, I'm looking at you Panties and Aints fans) and they keep bringing that $@1t up, because the only way to make them feel that their team is relevant is to make jokes about us. 

Sure I wanted the Lombardi however "The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection, but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Been a Falcons fan for 51 years.   There is nothing they can throw at me that I can't handle.

I'm proud of what we accomplished last year.   It was one of the most fun, exciting years I've experienced as a Falcon fan.   That last game in the Dome was amazing - and I'll never ever regret being there.

I'm proud we made it to the Super Bowl.  I went to the Super Bowl.    I hate that we lost - but I would go again if given the opportunity and I'm grateful that I had the opportunity and means to go.   It was a wonderful week and a wonderful game through the last 4 minutes of regulation.    We lost - so what?   Somebody had to lose.    We lost by giving up 25 points.  So What?   There are teams that can't even score 10 points in the Super Bowl.   We were there.    30 teams out of 32 weren't.

32 teams started the year - along with millions of fans - thinking their team would be the World Champion at the end of the season.    We got closer than any of them except the Patriots.    

We are a tough team and a tough fanbase.   We can handle the adversity - own the adversity and use it to move forward better than before.

If they want to make jokes - let 'em.   Don't give a crap - I'm still a Falcons fan and I will be until I die.   They are my team - fly or die.     

Just say Ha Ha - funny, roll your eyes, tilt your head up and walk on.    

Falcons Tough!

(Ford tough ain't got nothin' on Falcons Tough!)

It's gonna be the thing we're known for from now on. Don't expect to trash someone else's team without it coming up for rebuttal. If we win one the monkey will be off our back but until that day, this is our new bugaboo.

And when you really look at it, we're all over it now and I can't think of anything that could be worse than a loss that heartbreaking, so we know we can handle it.

Yeah, it sucks when your professors literally bring it up all the time as a teaching point. And your pastor. It's not even the jokes. It's that we are being used as a teaching example. 

RoddyWhite84 likes this

10 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Yeah, it sucks when your professors literally bring it up all the time as a teaching point. And your pastor. It's not even the jokes. It's that we are being used as a teaching example. 

What can you learn from this, other than run the d*mn ball? lol

rounz and AndySG like this

What's funny is most people who are using it as a joke or a one-liner, their team did absolutely nothing last season. It should be NFL fan law that if your team didn't make the postseason, or got eliminated you should just stay quiet on what another team did or didn't do when your team couldn't accomplish squat that season.

Also, trying to say you would've preferred to lose in the SB a different way that the Falcons did is weak as well. Who says "well at least we didn't lose like you all did?"

W.E.A.K.

RoddyWhite84 and AndySG like this

it gets old, but one joke that I did think was funny was an SNL Weekend update.  They said a New England whose baby was born during the Super Bowl was named Tom, and an Atlanta couple whose baby was born during the Super Bowl was named "Son of a B*tch"

10 hours ago, Csdabest said:

Is anybody else still running into jokes. Its like not stopping and its tormenting. I almost wish we didnt go to the Superbowl. Inlitetally just watched a review of "The Never Ending Story" movie and book. And this dude literally made a falcons super bowl joke. All i wanted was to enjoy a brew and a mindless youtube review vid after a long hard day of work. And yet again i run into another joke Months after.

i feel like this is going to stay with the team for awhile. Is anybody else still seeing jokes pop up after all this time.

Might as well get use to it..till they win one we will hear especially from Tom Brady fans sucks but that's just the way it is..I stayed off social media for a few days when the day after I saw all the memes and **** talking I was still way too upset to deal with seeing that.

1 hour ago, TheFalcoholic said:

That's awful 

Ya.  It happened.  period.  

Our only saving grace will be if that loss was the start of building a dynasty.  That will be how we live it down.  We need to win a few SB over the next several years and be a consistent contender in the league.  

I hate the jokes also, but the best way to deal with is just to own it and say "Yup, that sucked."  

It sucks. But I blow it off. Its only words and we are NFC Champs. I take solace in the fact that this team is heading for very good things. Look how good the defense was starting to perform at the end of the year with all the young core players who will be together for the next couple of years.

EFF 'EM

7 hours ago, AndySG said:

Just go along with it. It was ridiculous and it happened. Can't let it get to you. Most of the jokes are terrible anyway. 

This.

Fact is it happened and as Falcons fans it sucks.  Nothing will change it and we'll never TRULY get over it until we win one.

I get irritated thinking about Smug @ss Shanny not using common sense but ultimately are guys played their tails off so nothing will ever negate that in my eyes.

Lastly, most of the jokes are very unoriginal so it really does prompt the rolling of the eyes from me.  Only thing that was kind of funny to me was when the Oscars fiasco happened and someone on Twitter said "The Falcons won the SB" and I chuckled a bit.

AndySG likes this

7 hours ago, Statick said:

What can you learn from this, other than run the d*mn ball? lol

"Never give up. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Blahh blahh."

One of my buddies got me good, I had to laugh. He's a Dallas fan, fellow chokers in their own right. 

So I'm in Mexico and I found one of those wrestling masks with the Falcon's logo on it.  Fully NFL licensed product I'm sure....lol.  I posted a pic of me in it titled "El luchador halcón"....the Falcon Wrestler.  He commented....is your specialty move the 4th Quarter choke hold?  Yeah it hurts, but I have to give props to funny.

shc likes this

Posted (edited)

Surprisingly people that know me, and know how much I love the Falcons, don't even bring up the game. The one person that does bring it up to me, doesn't even joke about it, but instead just thinks the Falcons have a great team, and that it was a very entertaining Super Bowl to watch. This guy is a huge viking fan by the way. The only other person I've talked to that likes to go on about it, has since tired of talking about it, and he is one of those front runner type guys who has no regional tie to the Patriots, but just likes them because of Brady and Brady's relationship to Michigan, which is who this guy truly loves. My own father who is a long time Falcons fan, but is also a fan of being down on them, has not even talked about it to me, because he knows how disappointed I am, and he is too I'd imagine. 

Maybe it's just me, and I am doing what I can to forget it ever happened in the first place. I know one thing, I'll probably never watch the replay. I'll catch highlight here and there, but I'm not about to watch it in its entirety.

Edited by 4dabirds

Making threads like this only lets them know that it's getting to you. Expect this thread to be linked over at Saints Report so they can have a good laugh <_<

I've finally made peace with the fact that I won't live to see this team win a Super Bowl. So I have fun with all of the jokes and memes. That's pretty much all I can do at this point. 

This was the worst collapse in NFL history completed by the team known for historic collapses (we now own the largest choke jobs in both Super Bowl and conference championship game history).  That loss will be referenced forever.  Its beyond a sports thing at this point as ive been watching random shows and the Falcons get mentioned whenever something falls apart.  

And now the jokes from our unfinished stadium and I-85 "collapse" SMH. Yes I try to shake it off but it's hard. Good thing is I don't know but 2 or 3 Panthers fans but I know boatload of Saints fans and I always have ammo for those @holes.