Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Csdabest

Ongoing Falcons Super Bowl jokes

51 posts in this topic

Is anybody else still running into jokes. Its like not stopping and its tormenting. I almost wish we didnt go to the Superbowl. Inlitetally just watched a review of "The Never Ending Story" movie and book. And this dude literally made a falcons super bowl joke. All i wanted was to enjoy a brew and a mindless youtube review vid after a long hard day of work. And yet again i run into another joke Months after.

i feel like this is going to stay with the team for awhile. Is anybody else still seeing jokes pop up after all this time.

It seems to be this way anytime we have any success. We end up being the big joke for years afterwards. This team can not let this happen again, they got to repeat, and stop it. Put the league on notice. We aren't going away and we are not a joke of a team anymore.

hashmark61 likes this

Yeah, I still see them a lot on Reddit, but much less over time.  It's definitely not going away this offseason, and it will probably be brought up on occasion for a long time.  Sucks, but it is what it is.

For me, it doesn't really bother me when it's brought up now though.  I've accepted that it happened, and I'm not going to allow someone to get me upset over bringing it up.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

Just wait until the season starts. Especially if we where to have any success since people love to discredit and overlook the falcons all they have to do know is bring up the greatest collapse in sports history too easy. 

james b likes this

Just go along with it. It was ridiculous and it happened. Can't let it get to you. Most of the jokes are terrible anyway. 

slamee101 likes this

It's in NFL lore get use to it. Only the team winning multiple championships can give us a rebuttal.

Meh. I don't see it because I don't look for it.

Anyway, what's done is done. I'm not going to feel bad about us having a great team going forward.

Kind of conditioned to heart break being a Falcons fan..  No biggie for me.. after all we did better than 30 other teams around the league that year..

I've actually worked the phrase "pulled a Falcon" into my vocabulary. Basically, it means when you have something in your control and then you blow it at the last minute.

My usual response is a simple **** You, 99.9% get the hint before pushing me any further into slapping the **** out of them

Thankfully I am surrounded by a ton of Chiefs fans so nobody really has much to stand on.  If they mention it, I just retort with the Chiefs vs Indy playoff game several years ago.

Im over the Superbowl and sometimes crack jokes about it myself.  When you come to grips with it all, you will really start to appreciate your true fandom for this team.  Only a diehard fan can go through what we as Falcons fans go through and continue to push forward.

Crunksauce likes this

You think you hear it still? Think about the team and the players. It may take a decade for the superbowl shadow to lift off this team

If our Super Bowl loss is the only thing the fans of our rivals have to be excited about, that says a lot more about their team than it does about ours. 

The Saints have been sinking into the Gulf of Mexico, much like their city, for the last 5 years. They'll continue to meddle around 6 or 7 wins as long as they have Brees. But they'll be fighting the Browns and Jags for #1 overall picks very soon. 

The Panthers can't really talk. They were never even competitive in their SB loss. And RuPaul is their QB, so there's that. 

The Bucs are probably very optimistic - but when you've been below .500 for most of the last decade, how optimistic should you really be?

The point is: It's still much better to be a Falcon fan than any of those other trash teams.