Falconsfan567

2017 MLB Season

255 posts in this topic

Mookie Betts is having an unreal stretch of not striking out. Betts hasn't struck out since September 12th. He's seen 498 pitches since that day in September and has swung and missed 20 times. He's only chased a bad pitch 56 times in that span. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mookie Betts is having an unreal stretch of not striking out. Betts hasn't struck out since September 12th. He's seen 498 pitches since that day in September and has swung and missed 20 times. He's only chased a bad pitch 56 times in that span. 

That's how you bat .350

On 4/18/2017 at 6:45 AM, Unkn0wn said:

Announced attendance in Oakland last night was 10,406. 

IMG_20170418_064346_zpspxhbxbsw.jpg

They need to move that franchise.  The stadium is nasty and the support is horrible.  

17 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They need to move that franchise.  The stadium is nasty and the support is horrible.  

Theres some speculation with Golden State and the Raiders leaving Oakland the A's will attempt to acquire all the land and demolish the current venues to build a baseball stadium. Gives them a couple of years to raise funds. One rumor is they'll play in San Francisco while it's being built. 

14 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Theres some speculation with Golden State and the Raiders leaving Oakland the A's will attempt to acquire all the land and demolish the current venues to build a baseball stadium. Gives them a couple of years to raise funds. One rumor is they'll play in San Francisco while it's being built. 

I came across this article that was written before the Raiders move to Vegas was approved.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

We'll see.  They still need to get the fans support.  Will a new venue do it?  Who knows? 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We'll see.  They still need to get the fans support.  Will a new venue do it?  Who knows? 

That's the big question. It might be best for them to leave Oakland. San Jose is where they should be the Giants refused to surrender the territory.

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

That's the big question. It might be best for them to leave Oakland. San Jose is where they should be the Giants refused to surrender the territory.

Yeah, I heard that in the past.  

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I didn't know that back in the 80s the Giants threaten to move to Tampa and the A's actually surrendered the San Jose TV market to them and then when they needed the favor to be returned the Giants refused it.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I didn't know that back in the 80s the Giants threaten to move to Tampa and the A's actually surrendered the San Jose TV market to them and then when they needed the favor to be returned the Giants refused it.

Didn't know that either. I only knew the White Sox were going to go to Tampa

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Didn't know about the White Sox. I knew the Mariners did.

Tropicana Field was actually built for the White Sox. Chicago came through on a stadium deal at the last minute though. 

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Tropicana Field was actually built for the White Sox. Chicago came through on a stadium deal at the last minute though. 

Ah, well I knew the stadium was built back in the 80s in hopes of getting a team.

32 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Tom Glavine has joined a group seeking to buy the Marlins. It's not the same group as Jeter and Bush.

Yet he failed to put together a group to buy the Thrashers to keep them in Atlanta despite saying he wanted them to stay and did everything he could to make it happen.

Jays still struggling. They dropped to 3-12 and still hitting just .218. They've only scored 45 runs. That's only more than KC who has 41.

Reports this morning that Francisco Lindor turned down an extension offer of "nearly $100M" from Cleveland. Lindor's agent didn't confirm or deny but said they take it on a year by year basis and don't draw lines in the sand.