Falconsfan567

2017 Schedule Release

37 posts in this topic

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I'm thinking 2 Sunday night games are coming. 2 Monday Night, and the opening season game against NE on Thursday night.

Aren't Thursday games division games??

Just now, Diesel_Bird said:

In theory yes. But, the opening game of the season is always on a Thursday night and it's always the Super Bowl champ, at home, against a good opponent. Last year, it was Denver and Carolina. This year, I'd be shocked if it wasn't New England and Atlanta.

12 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Nope. Plenty of TNF games over the years have been non division games. Remember the Falcons played the Jaguars on a TNF game in 2011.

Diesel_Bird likes this

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

In theory yes. But, the opening game of the season is always on a Thursday night and it's always the Super Bowl champ, at home, against a good opponent. Last year, it was Denver and Carolina. This year, I'd be shocked if it wasn't New England and Atlanta.

I thought NE said they wouldn't play us first game of the season because they didn't want to "rub it in"...translation: "Oh ****, dem boys gonna be mad as **** and we don't want our stars getting killed in the first game of the season...."

Kung-Pow and ratesforless like this

2 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

I thought NE said they wouldn't play us first game of the season because they didn't want to "rub it in"...translation: "Oh ****, dem boys gonna be mad as **** and we don't want our stars getting killed in the first game of the season...."

I'm pretty sure NE has zero say in the schedule and that was just written by some Boston writer being a D bag.

I've been watching waiting for this , ready too see the schedule for prime time games .i usually  Look at most teams schedules 

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I'm thinking 2 Sunday night games are coming. 2 Monday Night, and the opening season game against NE on Thursday night.

I read someplace that we will not be opening against New England.   I don't remember where - one of the sports sites.

29 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I read someplace that we will not be opening against New England.   I don't remember where - one of the sports sites.

The only spot I saw it was some New England blogger talking about it not happening because the NFL wouldn't want to embarrass the Falcons again.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Schedule Release is the most "much ado about nothing" i have ever seen.

I love the schedule release. It's exciting IMO.

caponine likes this

Posted (edited)

If it's about ratings, I can almost guarantee we will get a rematch game one. Just a guess...

1. @ NE

2. Home opener VS Dallas or GB

3. @ NO (Katrina Bowl)

It's crazy but our first three games could be prime time.

Edited by james b
Kung-Pow likes this

1 hour ago, james b said:

If it's about ratings, I can almost guarantee we will get a rematch game one. Just a guess...

1. @ NE

2. Home opener VS Dallas or GB

3. @ NO (Katrina Bowl)

It's crazy but our first three games could be prime time.

Why would they do another "Katrina Bowl?" It doesn't make any sense. Last year was the big 10 year anniversary celebration nonsense. It's done with. It's played and overplayed.

21 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why would they do another "Katrina Bowl?" It doesn't make any sense. Last year was the big 10 year anniversary celebration nonsense. It's done with. It's played and overplayed.

I agree, maybe my memory is slipping so I looked it up going back to 2010:

2010: Week 3 @ NO

2011: Week 10 GA Dome vs NO

2012: Week 10 @ NO

2013: Week 1 @ NO

2014: Week 1 GA Dome vs NO

2015: Week 6 (thurs prime time) @ NO

2016: Week 3 (thurs prime time) @ NO

The NFL does like us to play at New Orleans early, the last two were prime time, and were very "festive" in atmosphere.  Hopefully we don't have to go through it this coming season, unfortunately I'm afraid it's here to stay.  Maybe not every season, but it will be back.  Just like the BS 3-28 day.  Nobody said being a falcon fan was easy.   

1 minute ago, james b said:

I agree, maybe my memory is slipping so I looked it up going back to 2010:

2010: Week 3 @ NO

2011: Week 10 GA Dome vs NO

2012: Week 10 @ NO

2013: Week 1 @ NO

2014: Week 1 GA Dome vs NO

2015: Week 6 (thurs prime time) @ NO

2016: Week 3 (thurs prime time) @ NO

The NFL does like us to play at New Orleans early, the last two were prime time, and were very "festive" in atmosphere.  Hopefully we don't have to go through it this coming season, unfortunately I'm afraid it's here to stay.  Maybe not every season, but it will be back.  Just like the BS 3-28 day.  Nobody said being a falcon fan was easy.   

The 2010 game was a normal Sunday afternoon game and the Falcons won in OT on Matt Bryant FG. 2013 was also a normal Sunday afternoon game that the Falcons had won and found a way to blow. The 2012 game was a normal Sunday afternoon game. 2011 and 2012 games against the Saints that were prime time were in Atlanta. NFL has developed a trend of usually having 1 of the Saints/Falcons games in prime time each year and they usually alternate between New Orleans and Atlanta.

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The only spot I saw it was some New England blogger talking about it not happening because the NFL wouldn't want to embarrass the Falcons again.

No, it wasn't a blogger - but I think there was a thread here that lead to the link.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Week 1 - Packers at Falcons - SNF

Book it!

That is what I am thinking.

Rematch of NFC championship.....New stadium...Ryan vs Rogers.

No other match up really makes sense from a ratings perspective.

Falconsfan567 likes this

For my annual trip, I am hoping that Buffalo game is a nice, late season 1pm Sunday game. 

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Week 1 - Packers at Falcons - SNF

Book it!

I still think week 1 the season opener against New England. Maybe the home opener though will be Green Bay on SNF though