JulioJones#1

Will losing Pat Dimarco hurt us next season?

44 posts in this topic

Patrick Dimarco came up with brothership name. He was a good blocker and one of the best FB's in the league IMO. I still remember his 20+ yard reception in NFC Championship game on opening drive. He was underrated in my opinion. Will losing Pat hurt us in 2017? Or will we find a good replacement? I will miss Pat regardless and I think Pat should have stayed. He will never make the playoffs in Buffalo much less go back to a Super Bowl.

I loved Pat and wanted him re-signed for continuity but he really wasn't that important that our offense will take a dip. now if we lost Toilolo then I could see blocking taking a dip because he was valuable in both the passing and run game. I hated to see Pat go but we'll be ok, I don't recall too many instances where he lead Free or Coleman into the end zone but he was a heck of a FB.

27 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

I loved Pat and wanted him re-signed for continuity but he really wasn't that important that our offense will take a dip.

19 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

no

Ditto.

Knight of God likes this

I loved Pat too, but he was expendable. IF the FO thought he was that valuable, they would have re-signed him. I have enough confidence in the FO, at the moment, to believe they are doing what's best for the future of the team.

capitan likes this

I don't think we'll miss a beat.  Will we put up unbelievable numbers again? I'm not sure.  But was part of dimarcos success due to the play calling?

He will be remembered if:

1) A new FB we sign (have signed?) fumbles a ball or drops a big catch or blows a block that causes Ryan to get sacked

2) DiMarco has a great game against us when we play Buffalo next year

3) A new FB we sign (have signed?) gets injured and we cannot find a replacement

4) DiMarco has such a bad season for Buffalo he gets cut and he comes back to us for a one-year deal

5) A new FB we sign (have signed?) has a great year and wants a DiMarco-like contract next year

I will miss him but I also remember he almost got beat out in preseason 2 years ago. If that dude never got hurt who knows if Pat D would have became who he is. Point is there are other FBs out there

I have mad respect for what DiMarco did here as a player and a man working for the community.  I just don't see how the offense stops being good without him.

Short answer? Yes, he was the best FB in the league. Still kind of shocked we did not re-sign him 

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

I will miss him but I also remember he almost got beat out in preseason 2 years ago. If that dude never got hurt who knows if Pat D would have became who he is. Point is there are other FBs out there

I forgot all about the Wisconsin kid, Brady Ewing was that his name?  I remember having high hopes for both of our Wisconsin draftees.

Depends on your school of thought. If you're part of the crew that believes Sark will be running the same offense as last year with "minor tweaks", then yes, it will hurt us. If you're on the side that believes Sark will revamp the offense, then it depends..

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Depends on your school of thought. If you're part of the crew that believes Sark will be running the same offense as last year with "minor tweaks", then yes, it will hurt us. If you're on the side that believes Sark will revamp the offense, then it depends..

I'm hopeful and believe sark is a talented offensive mind, but he has to prove it at the pro level. 

Just now, Vandy said:

I'm hopeful and believe sark is a talented offensive mind, but he has to prove it at the pro level. 

I think the offense is going to look substantially different. For one, Matt will have the ability to audible, which I believe is a major plus.

Vandy and JT like this

1 minute ago, Realist said:

I think the offense is going to look substantially different. For one, Matt will have the ability to audible, which I believe is a major plus.

I agree on matt having more freedom to audible and that being a good thing....

Shanny was brilliant at exploiting the mismatches. One of best I've ever seen in 50+ years of playing/watching the game.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I agree on matt having more freedom to audible and that being a good thing....

Shanny was brilliant at exploiting the mismatches. One of best I've ever seen in 50+ years of playing/watching the game.

Definitely, he was great at utilizing our backs in the passing game.. hopefully Sark continues that.

Vandy likes this

I remember two years ago everyone wanted this dude gone.  He was a good player, fit his role perfectly, but even his own ascension from being a nobody to becoming one of the leagues best fullbacks kinda proves how easy it is to get a guy to fit into the fullback/h-back role with a little training and a little luck. 

Vandy likes this