King Jigsaw

Quick Mock With Trade

55 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, datchrisb1 said:

If he was T.J. Gates or something I really don't think he would get the consideration that he does.

To me just my opinion but T.J. Watt is (if that) no better than this guy who we could get much later in the draft.

I had the same exact mindset regarding him only being popular because of his name UNTIL THE COMBINE. You can't just ignore the combine and he blew it the F up.

Joe Mathis is smaller and less athletic than Watt.

TJ Watt had an impressive Combine.  He also has the physical structure to add more weight over the next two seasons and still be quite an athlete.

My problem with Watt is his injury history.  He has suffered significant injuries to both knees.  I'd really like to see him play for us, but my concern is that we will see him more on the sidelines than on the field.  

6 hours ago, etherdome said:

TJ Watt had an impressive Combine.  He also has the physical structure to add more weight over the next two seasons and still be quite an athlete.

My problem with Watt is his injury history.  He has suffered significant injuries to both knees.  I'd really like to see him play for us, but my concern is that we will see him more on the sidelines than on the field.  

That right there depends on the player itself. Basically,  give me somebody like Desean Jackson in Rob Grownkoski body, and he'd probably never play a down. Everybody gets hurt, everybody gets injured what matters is how does that player deal with that injury, how they respond to it. There are guys who are like track stars, everything needs to be at least working, John Abraham comes to mind. TJ' s brother deals with injury well. It's not the fact that you get injured, its how you deal with injury that's the more important part. Playing in the NFL, that's being in about 10 car crashes every Sunday,  everybody is going to get injured. How would you deal with being in one car crash?

On 3/22/2017 at 5:25 PM, Kayoh said:

I had the same exact mindset regarding him only being popular because of his name UNTIL THE COMBINE. You can't just ignore the combine and he blew it the F up.

Joe Mathis is smaller and less athletic than Watt.

No Mathis is the more powerful/bigger player...

Let me ask you something which guy is the more fluid, exploisve, etc... athlete? Your honest opinion.... matter fact if you feel up to it rank them...

Not going to say where I have Watt ranked as far as fit, how he moves, explosiveness, etc... but I will say out of this group I would say Tarell Basham is the most athletic explosive player.

Jordan Willis

T.J. Watt

Tarell Basham

Charles Harris

Derek Rivers

4 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

No Mathis is the more powerful/bigger player...

Let me ask you something which guy is the more fluid, exploisve, etc... athlete? Your honest opinion.... matter fact if you feel up to it rank them...

Not going to say where I have Watt ranked as far as fit, how he moves, explosiveness, etc... but I will say out of this group I would say Tarell Basham is the most athletic explosive player.

Jordan Willis

T.J. Watt

Tarell Basham

Charles Harris

Derek Rivers

Watt, then Willis, then Rivers, then Basham, then Harris.