SkerFalcon8710

Need legal advice for a false injury claim

11 posts in this topic

So here's the story

6 months ago my wife and I traveled to Spokane to attend a concert with some friends.. after the concert we went out for a night of drinks.. my friend (David) was hammered by the time we left the first bar... he drove us to another parking lot which we barely made it to by the grace of god... after another 2 hours of drinks we returned to his vehicle where the real story begins..

as we got in his truck a random stranger jumped in the back seat... a argument ensued between the stranger and David/Me. David wanted to fight said stranger.. I kept the two separated until stranger got close to David.. David then decided to spear tackle the stranger into the vehicle and began fighting.. 

stranger got on top of David and had him pinned.. I grabbed the strsnger and pulled him by his belt up of David as they continued to fight.. the stranger pulled away from me landing on David who let out a squeal... 

fight ends, David ends up with broken femur, I carry him to his vehicle so his gf can drive him to the hospital... no police report.. no paper trail..

fast foreard 6 months... David is sending me papers via his lawyer requesting my homeowners policy trying to get me to pay his medical bills because he did not have health insurance and acquired 100k in medical bills.. 

advice please? He tried baiting me into saying I stepped on his leg multiple times after the accident, to which I denied every time and reminded him that it was him who started the fight unnecessarily thus getting his leg broken. He was highly intoxicated as was his gf and his brother. Basically it is me and my wife's word against theirs..

so yea.. complete horse**** deal on his part. Any suggestions? I've already talked to my insurance agent 

13 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

So here's the story

6 months ago my wife and I traveled to Spokane to attend a concert with some friends.. after the concert we went out for a night of drinks.. my friend (David) was hammered by the time we left the first bar... he drove us to another parking lot which we barely made it to by the grace of god... after another 2 hours of drinks we returned to his vehicle where the real story begins..

as we got in his truck a random stranger jumped in the back seat... a argument ensued between the stranger and David/Me. David wanted to fight said stranger.. I kept the two separated until stranger got close to David.. David then decided to spear tackle the stranger into the vehicle and began fighting.. 

stranger got on top of David and had him pinned.. I grabbed the strsnger and pulled him by his belt up of David as they continued to fight.. the stranger pulled away from me landing on David who let out a squeal... 

fight ends, David ends up with broken femur, I carry him to his vehicle so his gf can drive him to the hospital... no police report.. no paper trail..

fast foreard 6 months... David is sending me papers via his lawyer requesting my homeowners policy trying to get me to pay his medical bills because he did not have health insurance and acquired 100k in medical bills.. 

advice please? He tried baiting me into saying I stepped on his leg multiple times after the accident, to which I denied every time and reminded him that it was him who started the fight unnecessarily thus getting his leg broken. He was highly intoxicated as was his gf and his brother. Basically it is me and my wife's word against theirs..

so yea.. complete horse**** deal on his part. Any suggestions? I've already talked to my insurance agent 

1) Tell  you Home Owner's insurance ASAP, let them handle it.

2) Don't post possibly incriminating facts on social media.

mdrake34, JDaveG and SkerFalcon8710 like this

Just now, holymoses said:

1) Tell  you Home Owner's insurance ASAP, let them handle it.

2) Don't post possibly incriminating facts on social media.

Check and check, I litterally had nothing to do with his leg breaking outside of trying to pull this dude off of him before he got knocked the **** out 

18 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

your friend is lying out his azz

my total bills for three rounds of spinal steroids shots, physical therapy before surgery, tests, MRIs, XRays. and a cervical fusion is about $85,000

O I know he is, he had to have a rod inserted in his femur and a bunch of rehab but regardless, it was his own stupid ******* fault for fighting the guy in the first place

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

1) HM is right -- the insurance company will defend you.  Let them deal with it.

2)  I thought you promised not to tell anyone about my drunken escapades and you said you'd cover my medical bills. ***hole.

I'm sorry I just can't stand the fact that you're trying to sue me :lol:

JDaveG likes this

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

O I know he is, he had to have a rod inserted in his femur and a bunch of rehab but regardless, it was his own stupid ******* fault for fighting the guy in the first place

This is 100% correct.  You don't get to start a fight and then blame it on the one dude who was trying to break it up.  He made his bed.  The fact that you have a homeowners' policy ought not mean you have to help him lie in it.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

This is 100% correct.  You don't get to start a fight and then blame it on the one dude who was trying to break it up.  He made his bed.  The fact that you have a homeowners' policy ought not mean you have to help him lie in it.

Yea I was seething with rage today when I received the letter, I had wondered why he never answered my texts or calls when I wanted to catch up with him and see how he was doing, since I have money he's trying to use me as a scape goat. The fact still lies that there is no police report, no cameras, nothing.. it's ******* ******** and if there was a report he would have gone to jail for assaulting the dude in the first place. This makes the 3rd person who has stabbed me in the back this year... anyone else wanna jump in lol 

Don't delete this thread, but I also wouldn't post about the incident any further here (and definitely not on social media like HM said).  Don't have any further contact with the guy - if he calls you, let it to go voicemail, if he texts or emails, don't respond, just save them.  Let your insurance company deal with him. 

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Don't delete this thread, but I also wouldn't post about the incident any further here (and definitely not on social media like HM said).  Don't have any further contact with the guy - if he calls you, let it to go voicemail, if he texts or emails, don't respond, just save them.  Let your insurance company deal with him. 

Thanks for the input

mdrake34 likes this