SkerFalcon8710

NFL Highest salaries per position..some PERSPECTIVE

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

the biggest trend I see right now is top flight offensive guards have almost closed the gap on what left tackles make.

Thus, a player like Forrest Lamp has more value than before if you believe he has the ability to be a top-notch starter.

yeah, OGs have really exploded in salary. I'm betting Lamp ain't gonna be there at #31. The Sea-chickens, the Packers and quite a few other teams could use him, as well.

Everyone thinks the Packers will cb--which I think that they will--but this is a DB heavy draft and if Lamp is there after them losing Lang, I bet he goes there.

Everyone knows the Sea-chickens need OL help

g-dawg likes this

32 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

yeah, OGs have really exploded in salary. I'm betting Lamp ain't gonna be there at #31. The Sea-chickens, the Packers and quite a few other teams could use him, as well.

Everyone thinks the Packers will cb--which I think that they will--but this is a DB heavy draft and if Lamp is there after them losing Lang, I bet he goes there.

Everyone knows the Sea-chickens need OL help

yeah, i bet a lot of teams that don't take a Corner or Safety in 1st round will do so in 2nd round - there will be a run.

agree on Lamp as well MSalmon.

MSalmon likes this

46 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, i bet a lot of teams that don't take a Corner or Safety in 1st round will do so in 2nd round - there will be a run.

agree on Lamp as well MSalmon.

I definitely can't argue with your comment that if we like him, he'd be a great value. 5 years at a reasonable price for an OG looks like a deal these days lol

Who are you thinking for the first pick these days?

51 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I definitely can't argue with your comment that if we like him, he'd be a great value. 5 years at a reasonable price for an OG looks like a deal these days lol

Who are you thinking for the first pick these days?

no clue.  could be a lot of guys.  Takk McKinley, TJ Watt, Charles Harris, Tim Williams, Derek Rivers, Jarrad Davis, Forrest Lamp, Budda Baker, etc.

MSalmon likes this

9 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Now some discussion points

jarrett, Beasley, Neal, Jones, Gabriel, Freeman, Coleman, Ryan, collins, Poe...

where do their new contracts over the next 3 years land in your opinion? 

Collins deserves a proper contract now. Nothing stupid, but enough to wet his beak. That is, of course, any immaturity he came with has passed. He is a stud in the making, and I think C.J. is going to impress as well.

5 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Muhammed Wilkerson is a good player, but $17.2m per year? Russell Okung the highest paid LT in the league? Oliver Vernon $17m per year? Clay Matthews still getting over $13m per year?

Crazy money. 

well Vernon got the biggest FA contract last yr. Was rly a beast, deserved big money. But yeh

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

no clue.  could be a lot of guys.  Takk McKinley, TJ Watt, Charles Harris, Tim Williams, Derek Rivers, Jarrad Davis, Forrest Lamp, Budda Baker, etc.

I hadn't considered Jarrad Davis; although that's a guy who could be a possible pick. Good LB

g-dawg likes this

8 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

well Vernon got the biggest FA contract last yr. Was rly a beast, deserved big money. But yeh

Was he really a beast? He's only ever had double digit sacks once in his career. Does that deserve $17m per year?

I already knew most of this.  I think its great to illustrate that the Falcons are pretty good with the money.  Julio is #3 for WR's, not sure what that group was not listed.  That being said, Poe was a good move.  I think Trufant will get done at the right price and so will Freeman.

If Beasley keeps producing, he will be the next big one.  One of the radio guys keeps going on and on about Jake Matthews.  About how he isn't living up to his draft position.  My thoughts are he doesn't need to play like the #6 pick in the draft.  That means we don't have to pay him like the #6 pick.  I think he is solid, you may hear his name called 12 to 14 times a year for penalties or a bad play.  I'll take that.  It's hard to find a good LT and when you do they are expensive.  I consider Matthews a shot at a cost savings.

On 3/20/2017 at 0:42 PM, SkerFalcon8710 said:

You're my favorite 

Unless I got the wrong sker, pound sand .... 

You may have acted such in one of my posts. Fyi

1 hour ago, Dukeduke211 said:

Unless I got the wrong sker, pound sand .... 

You may have acted such in one of my posts. Fyi

Not my fault you fell off the wagon and were actin a fool :lol: sorry dude. Mah bad