jlrfalcon

Would you trade Matt Ryan straight up for ....?

104 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, East_Coast_Falcon said:

Muskoka where art thou LMAO

muskoka's finest? I haven't seen him in a couple of years. He loved the idea of the "disposable" QB. Just draft one, dump/trade him, and draft replacement.

Thankfully, that idea never came to fruition; although he was a cool poster

I guess we're officially in the dead part of the season when we're making shiznit up to talk about.  Trading Ryan thread again?  You couldn't find anything else to discuss huh?

3 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

I believe they are pretty much the same age.

Yeah, Rodgers was drafted 3 years before Ryan, but he was younger.    He's only 2 years older than Matt.

14 hours ago, DirtyBirds5430 said:

In 2 years Matt Ryan may very well be considered the number 1 player in the entire NFL. 

What is so great about Andrew Luck anyways. Ryan has accomplished much more than Luck anyways. 

Luck is the golden boy of "he could be..."

All potential and no substance

if this is to troll the gentleman who wished to trade Matt for Jake locker a few years ago, this is in vain he was never a falcons fan he was a Vick fan not letting go.

14 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Matt Ryan is our QB and will probably be for at least a few more seasons, but would anybody take someone else if offered?

Tom Brady (maybe the best, but only a year or two left)?

Aaron Rodgers (better career but in decline)?

Jimmy Garropolo (great future possibly but what has he done)?

Russell Wilson (not really that good without a defense)?

Ben Roethlesberger (cannot even decide on next year)?

Cam Newton (younger but not necessarily wiser)?

Andrew Luck (great arm but not really a winner)?

Drew Brees (older but can definitely throw)?

# 1 Draft Pick (no big cap hit and could draft a college QB)?

Brock Osweiler (the Browns see something in him)?

Jared Goff (one year seasoned and maybe a breakout coming)?

Other?

Brady - No (although he's better)
Rodgers - In a heartbeat.
Garropalo - No but that may change in the future.
Wilson - Yes
Ben - No
Newton - Probably....50/50.
Luck - Yeah
Brees - No
#1 overall pick - No
Brock - LOL
Goff - Oh Dear. 

Other - Meh, not really. 

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Rodgers has played behind some terrible OL's and never had as many turnovers as Luck....

Rodgers hasnt been in anywhere near as bad a situation as Luck routinely plays in. Certainly not the OL. 

Very early in his career perhaps. But Rodgers has played behind a Top 5 OL for the last 5 or 6 seasons. Luck has doing it mostly alone for the majority of his career. 

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Thank god you aren't GM

Because throwing 45 TDs and 19 interceptions two years into the league is garbage, right? It's not like he's 8 years younger than Matt or anything either.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Because throwing 45 TDs and 19 interceptions two years into the league is garbage, right? It's not like he's 8 years younger than Matt or anything either.

You're gonna counter with stats? Lol

53 minutes ago, Realist said:

You're going to counter with nothing? Lol

So you would train a reigning MVP with easily 5 years left for an unproven QB who has never played a playoff game and use his Alex Smith like stats as a GOOD reason for the trade? That makes zero sense 

56 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

So you would train a reigning MVP with easily 5 years left for an unproven QB who has never played a playoff game and use his Alex Smith like stats as a GOOD reason for the trade? That makes zero sense 

Yes. Cam newton was the MVP a year ago. Things change quickly. Last year Matt was great, but how much of his performance last year is attributable to shannahan? Matt has had the luxury of playing with two hall of fame receiving targets and one hall of very good receiving target. 

I'd trade for Mariota considering the following factors:

1. He's only 23 and has had a great start to his career. Not only is he dynamic given his running abilities, but he's also taken care of the ball. I can't name his receiving targets other than Delanie walker and tarjae sharp. 

2. He is only going to improve. He'd be ridiculous given our offensive weapons. Yes, he has a beast o-line, but so do we. He'd have much better passing stats if he was throwing to Julio.

3. He has another 2 years (maybe 3 idk if the team has a 5th year option on his contract) of being relatively cheap.

I guarantee if we offered Matt for mariota right now they would laugh in TDs face. Same goes for Winston.

13 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

I believe they are pretty much the same age.

Matt Ryan - DOB - 5-17-1985 (Age 32 this season)

Aaron Rodgers DOB - 12-2-1983 (Age 34 this season)

Actually surprised. Thought Rodgers was already 34 or 35 because he's been in the NFL 3 years longer than Ryan.

50 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yes. Cam newton was the MVP a year ago. Things change quickly. Last year Matt was great, but how much of his performance last year is attributable to shannahan? Matt has had the luxury of playing with two hall of fame receiving targets and one hall of very good receiving target. 

1. He's only 23 and has had a great start to his career. Not only is he dynamic given his running abilities, but he's also taken care of the ball. I can't name his receiving targets other than Delanie walker and tarjae sharp. 

2. He is only going to improve. He'd be ridiculous given our offensive weapons. Yes, he has a beast o-line, but so do we. He'd have much better passing stats if he was throwing to Julio.

3. He has another 2 years (maybe 3 idk if the team has a 5th year option on his contract) of being relatively cheap.

I guarantee if we offered Matt for mariota right now they would laugh in TDs face. Same goes for Winston.

Lol.

Im sure this has nothing to do with organizational continuity. Players aren't traded in a vacuum... scheme fit, value, teammates, contract etc. are all considered.

This may or may not be true but the opposite could be said too. TD wouldn't trade Ryan for either of those either

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, SamMills51 said:

Doesn't matter when the old folks start turning Matt Ryan grey real fast.

Peppers barely had any help with the Packers defense being JAG all around him, yet he still produced 7 sacks on the season. Imagine when he's surrounded by solid pass rushers AND playing DE now.

Matt Ryan and Drew Brees are probably contemplating retirement right now. 

Wow, you're an idiot.  You spend more time on this board than you do over at the panties board I'm sure.  I'm beginning to believe you are just another apparition of swift.

Peppers is done.  It would not be surprising to see him retire before training camp is over.  The panties are going to need a new DE and MLB before the year is over and that is to go along with that horrid secondary.  Not to mention you have no running game, terrible receivers and a QB who refuses to try and get better.  I know, I know Cam has an MVP too.  Yeah, that goes along with this only two winning seasons since he has been in the league. 

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Wow.  Someone really wrote this.  Man you just can't fix stupid...  Hahaha.   How you doing swift?

None, but Id have to consider Rodgers. Brady wouldnt be the same here without BB, but honestly how could you say anyone has more value than the reigning MVP .