jlrfalcon

Would you trade Matt Ryan straight up for ....?

104 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Steel City Falcon said:

Why is this thread even necessary?

Perhaps I should pose a different question - how much would be too much for keeping Ryan in the future?

If he is paid at Cousins-like money in the future, how much of our payroll should we be willing to allocate for him?  Would you be willing to sacrifice having a signing like Poe or a resign like Trufant if it meant being able to keep him around?

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

Just as I wouldn't trade Cam Newton for anyone, you shouldn't trade Matt Ryan for anyone. He's the best for your system, like Cam Newton is the best for ours.

Would certainly stink to not see Matt Ryan's face in the dirt twice a year when Peppers, Short, Butler, Johnson, and Addison start feasting this year.

**** son your almost as big of a homer than Gazoo. You really wouldn't trade Newton for anyone? Smh. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

7 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Perhaps I should pose a different question - how much would be too much for keeping Ryan in the future?

If he is paid at Cousins-like money in the future, how much of our payroll should we be willing to allocate for him?  Would you be willing to sacrifice having a signing like Poe or a resign like Trufant if it meant being able to keep him around?

When you have a franchise caliber QB... You build the team around him. Every team with a good starting QB has the same problem. The going rate of a top QB is 20-25 million a year. If it cost you a the ability to not go out and sign a top FA or resign a top 10 CB it doesn't matter. You can get another CB or DL help in the draft. You can go decades without stumbling onto a QB the caliber of Matt Ryan. Ask the Browns or the Jags. 

Bobby.Digital and Slappywhite like this

3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

It seems we get a thread every week that says Ryan sucks, we should draft a replacement immediately or such.  

3 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

...I'm sorry, what year is it? Think I time travelled by accident

Annnnnddd...he just bumped one from a year ago.

40 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

What have we had to 'sacrifice' since we signed him to the 20 mil a year contract that everybody freaked out about the first time?

Matt Ryan's time is now. He has mastered the craft and he is playing the position like Dave Mustaine plays the guitar. The turnstile OC's have had a silver lining on his career. Now that the Megalomaniac is gone and a grateful, humbled man has the keys, this offense is about to make history. Noone is better than Matt Ryan right now.  Talking about a trade of the year's MVP is punishable by excommunication by the football Gods themselves. You should delete this thread, apologize to everyone, and throw 5 Hail Marys. 

3 hours ago, caponine said:

Von Miller and Dez Bryant / Antonio Brown 

Which one is going to be the best QB in the league?

9 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Just a double murder suicide...baby style.

that would make it a double infanticide/suicide. Unless your comment means the baby did it, which would be 3 tragic accidents.

12 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

If you replied to this with ,a name or names,you would take. Seek help. NO!!

I mean arguably the best QB in the league? I would take a first round pick for the next 20 years? And I'm not joking. 

Slappywhite likes this

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

Luck's an overrated snob that the media can't get over. He hasn't done anything of impact in forever.

still he's not a pu^^y like  Cam 

What does Matt Ryan have to do in order to win this team's fan base over?

He's literally done everything a QB is supposed to and he's only had one bad season. A season which I might add would be considered a good one for most of the QBs in this league...

Matt Ryan is probably the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. Followed closely by Julio Jones and Dan Quinn... Be grateful!

Tandy and Slappywhite like this

If you'd asked me this a year ago I would have chosen Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Cam, or maybe even a chance at drafting Deshaun Watson. 

Now... NO ONE! Not only is he the reigning MVP, I wouldn't wanna win a Superbowl with anyone else under center right now. He's been here through the ups and downs, he deserves it. 

Tandy and Slappywhite like this

4 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Luck's an overrated snob that the media can't get over. He hasn't done anything of impact in forever.

Overrated, absolutely, snob no. He's a really cool dude. But I wouldn't take him over Matt Ryan. 

Absolutely Not!  Why trade a reigning league MVP entering his prime for next 4-6 years?   Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rothelisberger are older.  Garappolo is unproven. 1st Round pick is a crap shoot, and Luck has the "potential" but he has injury issues and will need to go through growing pains for 3-5 years to get to where Ryan is now.  Cam? Come on he's too erratic and can't keep it together.  

Atlanta fans see Matt Ryan play every down, every play.  Many fans see other QBs game highlights (mostly the good stuff) so they appear to be "better" than Ryan.  Taken as a whole some QBs wouldn't have won as much if they didn't have coaching, scheme, and team around them.    

Luck...

He's not as smart, but has more of a dominating "killer-instinct" than Ryan..

That Luck's "fire" I like, but it can lead to interceptions--that Ryan does not throw...Both of them throw them, but for different reasons at times..IMHO

I would probably do it for Derek Carr as i think he was somewhat close to ryan in MVP status last year for a good while there with less talent to work with overall.    He is really young as well so i know i would have him for a long long time to come.  

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why? Luck is a turnover machine who can't win in one of the worst divisions in the NFL.

There is absolutely no one in the NFL I would take over Matt Ryan. Not even Aaron Rodgers because Rodgers is much older than Ryan.

I believe they are pretty much the same age.