jlrfalcon

Would you trade Matt Ryan straight up for ....?

104 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Self-assuring entertainment - the human mind feels more confident in things when it is clear things are right.  

Ryan is our QB and although names have been mentioned, no one has really said why somebody else would be better at this time.

I would not be surprised to see a thread on draft day, however, saying we should trade him then or a thread after our first loss or two next year saying we should consider letting him walk when his contract runs out.  The guy has also performed at such a high level in 2016 that he is probably going to have a down year in 2017 but maybe only slightly.

I like your avatar. I will give you that. For self amusement, how about driving through a Patriot's bar in a semi truck on a Friday night?

I'd trade Ryan for the Browns next two drafts. I don't think I'm giving him up for any one player except maybe Rodgers, but even then I think Rodgers is a whiny ***** and I wouldn't like having to watch him play.

Slappywhite likes this

Just as I wouldn't trade Cam Newton for anyone, you shouldn't trade Matt Ryan for anyone. He's the best for your system, like Cam Newton is the best for ours.

Would certainly stink to not see Matt Ryan's face in the dirt twice a year when Peppers, Short, Butler, Johnson, and Addison start feasting this year.

Godzilla1985 likes this

9 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man I just grilled some 1.5" NY drips and they were unfkgbeleivable!!

Dropped in a few lumps of mesquite wood 5 minutes before and Lawd have mercy!!

Don't hurt yourself bruh lol

HASHBROWN3 likes this

I wouldn't trade him period.  He's done so much & pretty much without a defense. The 2nd half of the year they got better, but they were trash then, so not like they became a great defense.  His worse years were when the middle of the offensive line was struggling.  When they've given him time he's looked very impressive.  The good thing is the d is improving, so maybe they'll finally have that above average daily soon.  Looking forward to the future of this team.

19 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Just as I wouldn't trade Cam Newton for anyone, you shouldn't trade Matt Ryan for anyone. He's the best for your system, like Cam Newton is the best for ours.

Would certainly stink to not see Matt Ryan's face in the dirt twice a year when Peppers, Short, Butler, Johnson, and Addison start feasting this year.

They're so old it could be the last supper.

camfalcon likes this

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They're so old it could be the last supper.

Doesn't matter when the old folks start turning Matt Ryan grey real fast.

Peppers barely had any help with the Packers defense being JAG all around him, yet he still produced 7 sacks on the season. Imagine when he's surrounded by solid pass rushers AND playing DE now.

Matt Ryan and Drew Brees are probably contemplating retirement right now. 

If you aren't offering Jake Locker you are offering me garbage. Luck isn't a winner, everyone else is either on the back end of their careers or a smug doouche. You know who I'm talking about. 

Godzilla1985 and Slappywhite like this

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Peppers barely had any help with the Packers defense being JAG all around him, yet he still produced 7 sacks on the season. Imagine when he's surrounded by solid pass rushers AND playing DE now.

Nah - Ryan can take a sack and he actually has some protection now.   He was sacked 37 times this year in regular season and still threw 38 touchdowns.  

First game against the Panthers - he was sacked (3 times) by Kuechly, Love and Short and still threw for over 500 yards and 4 TDs and a 142 passer rating.

Second game against the Panthers - he was sacked (4 times) by Addison, Coleman, Ealy and Short and still threw for 277 yards with 2 TDs and a 121.8 passer rating.

Against Green Bay in regular season - he was sacked (2 times)  by Daniels and Julius Peppers and still threw for 288 yards and 3 TD with a passer rating of 129.5.

They asked Cameron Jordan who he likes sacking the most - he said Cam Newton.   He said Ryan's not his favorite quarterback to hit because he doesn't react - said Ryan just gets up and shakes your hand and Cam - well, we know.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000781598/Who-is-Cameron-Jordan-s-favorite-QB-to-hit

2 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I can't understand why this thread was posted? 

Amen.  We swear this board is just ... ****.

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

He's not afraid of Mild Peppers.

Edited by Godzilla1985

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

The only one I'd consider is Luck

Why? Luck is a turnover machine who can't win in one of the worst divisions in the NFL.

There is absolutely no one in the NFL I would take over Matt Ryan. Not even Aaron Rodgers because Rodgers is much older than Ryan.

Shelley#37 likes this

9 minutes ago, Tandy said:

They asked Cameron Jordan who he likes sacking the most - he said Cam Newton.   He said Ryan's not his favorite quarterback to hit because he doesn't react - said Ryan just gets up and shakes your hand and Cam - well, we know.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000781598/Who-is-Cameron-Jordan-s-favorite-QB-to-hit

Ah. Jordan must still be crying about when Cam ran him over for a touchdown, and made sure Jordan knew about it.

Image result for cam newton cam jordan gif

Always nice to see 'Aints whining.

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why? Luck is a turnover machine who can't win in one of the worst divisions in the NFL.

There is absolutely no one in the NFL I would take over Matt Ryan. Not even Aaron Rodgers because Rodgers is much older than Ryan.

Have you seen Lucks offensive line? They are the cause of Lucks turnovers. 

Just now, Reggie_Kelly said:

At one point over the past 2 years the Colts had more wins without Luck than they did with Luck. Heck, that still may be true. That should tell you everything you need to know about Luck's turnovers.

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

Thank you. Hate these stupid threads 

11 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Always nice to see 'Aints whining.

This, we can agree on.

2 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

You don't trade the reigning MVP of the league in the prime of his career for anyone.   

how-about-no-quote-1.jpg

18 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Amen.  We swear this board is just ... ****.

Seriously. The STUPID just transcends veteran and newb poster alike. Right now I should be worshipping Belichek, err Brady, err no Aaron Rodgers. Wait uhhh...Belichek cheated via filming opposing team practices, stealing play books per ESPN, but lo and behold he's better and the GOAT. Never mind Lombardi, Knoll, Gibbs and Walsh never engaged in 7 years of laborious cheating, Belichek is the GOAT. Every SB tied to those 7 years needs negated/discounted. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

21 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Rodgers has played behind some terrible OL's and never had as many turnovers as Luck....

Godzilla1985 likes this