TonyMartin80

Who would you like to see Falcons play in home opener in Brand New Stadium?

48 posts in this topic

The Saints and no other second choice. The first drop of blood on our field should be a p.o.s Taint. We will see the Patriots again soon enough. Atlanta is an NFC superpower for the next 5 years or more.

3 hours ago, Tandy said:

We played the Jets in our first game in the Dome.    Since our schedule is so similar - it would make sense to open the new Stadium with the same team.

Oh that's right. The Jets missed a bunch of FG's. We won by 3. I remember. Week 1.

Posted (edited)

It's probably going to be Dallas.

Edited by Alaxar

The Saints on Monday night.  Then Tuesday morning Mercedes Benz holds a press conference letting everyone know they are dropping their sponsorship with the Saints as their name can not be associated with such poor performances, and they'll focus all their resources on the well oiled machine that is the Atlanta Falcons!

Do the Falcons get a week 1 opening night prime time game? Or do they travel week 1 and get that prime time opening game the following week?

There is no way the NFL opens the most expensive and advanced stadium in league history on a Sunday afternoon.

3 hours ago, Farmer2 said:

So you disagree with all of us wanting the Saints 

Well you make a good point, but they are considered a pro team.

It would be great to see the Saints get the first ever victory in that new facility. That would be a cherry on top of that Super Bowl debacle. 

1 hour ago, fuego said:

I think it will be a rematch with GB of the NFC Championship game because it's up to the league. They'll want that matchup. Along with the opening game of the season being us at Patriots for the SB rematch. 

And The Falcons will torch Green bay again!

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

Seattle. I loved watching them get petty in the second half once they knew they were whipped. I'd like to torment them even more.

That game in Seattle.

I'm shooting for the Buccs... divisional foe, good time to get one up on them, and I feel more comfortable beating them than I do a hyped up Brees/Payton combo looking to spoil our new diggs...I HATE the Saints most, just like y'all; it's just that it never seems to matter the circumstances, the Saints always play us tougher than I'm comfortable with...

The SeaRefs. Our new stadium is supposed to have superior sound than Century Link Field and nothing would irritate Seattle more than beating them in our fresh new loud stadium and gain the moniker "Loudest Place to Play"
I do understand why everyone here wants the Saints but they are no where near as annoying as Seattle.

Edited by ATL2SeaTacFalcon4Life